The NRA & Terrorists - strange bedfellows

Is the NRA policy of no gun control ever a benefit to terrorists who may wish to own automatic or semi-automatic weapons?
[don't panic gun advocates, it is a legitimate question given the history of mass murder in our nation].

It was a benefit to Maj. Hasan at Ft. Hood Texas.
Here he was surrounded by many other soldiers but, because of overly restrictive gun laws, none of them were allowed to have their weapon.
It took a civilian police officer to drop the cockroach.

Anyone, with enough determination, will get a gun if they want one.

Is the NRA policy of no gun control ever a benefit to terrorists who may wish to own automatic or semi-automatic weapons?
[don't panic gun advocates, it is a legitimate question given the history of mass murder in our nation].

I think we need to outlaw car-bombs first.

Also...haven't you noticed that most of the killings have taken place on college campuses committed by teachers and students?

Guess how many times they would have gotten away with slaughtering helpless kids if they had all been packing heat.

That's a silly argument. I can think of no worse combination than drunken frat boys and fire arms.

I saw that as a former drunken frat boy.

Do you support suspected terrorists being allowed to buy guns?
Do you honestly think we can stop them from doing so?

We cannot even enforce gun control in a country we are occupying with the US Military (Afghanistan).

Here he was surrounded by many other soldiers but, because of overly restrictive gun laws, none of them were allowed to have their weapon.

Enough determination?

A 14 year old can walk down the street in most places in Maryland and purchase a gun in ten minutes, and we have the strictest gun control laws as a state in our region. Which is why I believe in staying armed.

Common sense: the only people that benefit off of an unarmed civilian population are people who'd like to do harm to unarmed civilians.

People must be retarded if they don't realize that putting a "suspected terrorists" on a "no-gun" list does absolutely nothing to stop them from getting a gun. Prohibition really just doesn't work.

"Overly restrictive gun laws" and Army and base policy to keep weapons in the arms room when they aren't being used.

A policy that works pretty well, thank you.

Special on full auto converted AR-15's in many back allies of most major cities. Any time, any day.

I happen to be a firm believer in gun control. I always use both hands.

But seriously I will not belong to the NRA because they are too far right for me. I know some of you don't believe that. But I do not have a problem with registration. I open carry while walking the paths along the river, and conceal carry when going into the city. I would open carry there too but the city cops get a bit excited sometimes. My next major purchase will be an AR-15. Maybe......

What defines a suspected terrorist?

No fly list. Do you believe we should restrict potential terrorists from flying but allowing them to buy guns unrestricted?

photo-gallery-bloods.jpg

Do you think they have a license?

No fly list. Do you believe we should restrict potential terrorists from flying but allowing them to buy guns unrestricted?

Interesting, My gut reaction is hell no, if they have been placed on the no fly list they should also be restricted from owning a firearm, among other things. However as several have stated, how do you stop anyone from purchasing a weapon? I know I could go out and have a non serial numbered pistol within 20 minutes. No questions asked. no paperwork cash sale only, no return, no warranty. And other things are available if you know the right people.

Right now the No fly list prevents potential terrorists from getting on planes. The NRA will block the No Fly List from being used to prevent terrorists from buying guns

Simple question....should potential terrorists be blocked from buying guns? Yes or No?

You can't buy a gun with a Felony Record, unless Pardoned.

Questions is.. How do you identify a "Potential Terrorist"? :eusa_eh:

No Fly List.........How do you justify banning him from flying but not banning him from buying a gun?

Who here is letting Terrorists buy a gun?

I'm simply asking him how do we identify a Potential Terrorist? Even before he's on the No Fly List?

There are obviously laws that prevent people from buying guns, for example, A Felon can't buy a gun unless Pardoned.. Someone who was Dishonorably Discharged from the Military. etc, you get my point.. Those are the laws that I can back.

Guns should be sold to Law Abiding Citizens, Not criminals. We can all agree on that..

Interesting, My gut reaction is hell no, if they have been placed on the no fly list they should also be restricted from owning a firearm, among other things. However as several have stated, how do you stop anyone from purchasing a weapon? I know I could go out and have a non serial numbered pistol within 20 minutes. No questions asked. no paperwork cash sale only, no return, no warranty. And other things are available if you know the right people.

So just because you can't stop all terrorists from buying weapons, you should not try to stop any from buying weapons

I happen to be a firm believer in gun control. I always use both hands.

But seriously I will not belong to the NRA because they are too far right for me. I know some of you don't believe that. But I do not have a problem with registration. I open carry while walking the paths along the river, and conceal carry when going into the city. I would open carry there too but the city cops get a bit excited sometimes. My next major purchase will be an AR-15. Maybe......

A balding overweight white guy waving a flag.

Firstly, the terrorists are not going to abide by gun laws;

Secondly, since our government is determined to place us in harm's way I do not want then attempting to disarm us in any way shape or form.

Okay, all the bullshit arguments over gun control aside this issue brings up two VERY basic question for me personally:

1. Do people have a human and civil right to purchase, own, and carry a firearm for the purpose of protecting themselves and their families?

2. If so, do people who have extremist views no matter what they may or may not be, have the same rights as people who do not hold extremist views?

These are the two questions that drive my opinion on this issue. In the case of question number two "extremist views" can be anything from Islamic Extremism, to right-wing extremism, to left-wing extremism, to communist extremism, to gay rights extremism, to the Phelps nut-jobs who don't like anybody or anything.

For both questions my answer is consistent, yes.

As someone who believes in civil liberties, I think the integrity of our nation depends on the right to self-defense. I don't think having extremist views WHATEVER they may be warrants the stripping of any rights INCLUDING Second Amendment rights.

This isn't about just "owning a gun", if you see gun ownership as a fundamental right like I do. If you don't it'd probably be much easier to say... "oh, sure put em on the no gun list".

Why does this happen every time.

Somebody gets caught trying to use bombs to blow people up and they start raising hell about gun control.

All of the violence on college campuses. Most of the guys flying planes into buildings attended our universities. Many of the leaders of these terrorist groups did as well. Why isn't the anti-American activities that happen on campus investigated? It seems that this is a greater threat then guns.

Without guns more people would be dying in Arizona every day. 1.5 kidnaps happen a day in Phoenix. It could only get worse if ranchers couldn't defend themselves.

I bet some libs would kind of relish that right now.

Why does this happen every time.

Somebody gets caught trying to use bombs to blow people up and they start raising hell about gun control.

All of the violence on college campuses. Most of the guys flying planes into buildings attended our universities. Many of the leaders of these terrorist groups did as well. Why isn't the anti-American activities that happen on campus investigated? It seems that this is a greater threat then guns.

Without guns more people would be dying in Arizona every day. 1.5 kidnaps happen a day in Phoenix. It could only get worse if ranchers couldn't defend themselves.

I bet some libs would kind of relish that right now.

So it appears the concensus is that we should not try to prevent terrorists from arming themselves

I think we need to outlaw car-bombs first.

Also...haven't you noticed that most of the killings have taken place on college campuses committed by teachers and students?

Guess how many times they would have gotten away with slaughtering helpless kids if they had all been packing heat.

Outlawing car bombs? OMG! What a great idea

Also, with all that campus violence should we out law Progressives on campus? After all, Progressives make up 97% of the staff so if we boot them to the curb that will quell the violence

How does the Left ever win a single office? How? This is one of the stupidest threads ever and this is what passes for Librul "Ideas"?

Someone almost successfully detonated a car bomb in Times Square so in response we...outlaw.......guns!

What? What the fucking fuck does that have to do with anything? What?

Why not outlaw cars? They convert Carbon Monoxide to CO2 so besides blowing up Times Square they're melting the Polar Ice Caps!!!

Fucking retards

Forum List

Back