The NRA & Terrorists - strange bedfellows

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Is the NRA policy of no gun control ever a benefit to terrorists who may wish to own automatic or semi-automatic weapons?
[don't panic gun advocates, it is a legitimate question given the history of mass murder in our nation].

Is the NRA policy of no gun control ever a benefit to terrorists who may wish to own automatic or semi-automatic weapons?
[don't panic gun advocates, it is a legitimate question given the history of mass murder in our nation].

Stand by for NRA talking points

It seems that terrorists are more interested in planes, trains, and automobiles.

• Banned
It seems that terrorists are more interested in planes, trains, and automobiles.

All of which have some controls. Nice effort to change the subject though.
I suppose we need to wait until a foreign national decides to pull off a Texas Tower, McDonalds style, or Virginia Tech statement.

PS, silly of me, I forgot to mention that little incident in India awhile ago, seems military style assault weapons are a choice of some discriminating terrorists.

Last edited:

Sure. Everyone benefits off of being armed. Including me... so back the Hell off.:eusa_angel:

And you think Stricter Gun Control on Assault Weapons is going to help reduce crime?

Surely you can't be serious..

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -

-Thomas Jefferson, quoting Cesare Beccaria.

They tracked this Times Square bomber through a VIN number on the Nissan. Standardized VIN numbers to identify vehicles and their owners are a government regulation. Gun nuts don't want guns registered.

The right is concerned about terrorism up to the point where some of their own skin might be required in the game.

Right now the No fly list prevents potential terrorists from getting on planes. The NRA will block the No Fly List from being used to prevent terrorists from buying guns

Simple question....should potential terrorists be blocked from buying guns? Yes or No?

Last edited:
Right now the No fly list prevents potential terrorists from getting on planes. The NRA will block the No Fly List from being used to prevent terrorists from buying guns

Simple question....should potential terrorists be blocked from buying guns? Yes or No?

You can't buy a gun with a Felony Record, unless Pardoned.

Questions is.. How do you identify a "Potential Terrorist"? :eusa_eh:

No Fly List.........How do you justify banning him from flying but not banning him from buying a gun?

Sure. Everyone benefits off of being armed. Including me... so back the Hell off.:eusa_angel:

Nope.

Last edited:
And you think Stricter Gun Control on Assault Weapons is going to help reduce crime?

Surely you can't be serious..

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -

-Thomas Jefferson, quoting Cesare Beccaria.

I simply asked a question. You responded with a logical fallacy. Answer in your own words and I might debate.

Your premise is WRONG. To suggest someone cannot buy a gun with a felony record is not true.
To suggest a "potential" terrorist can be identified is absurd.

Your premise is WRONG. To suggest someone cannot buy a gun with a felony record is not true.
To suggest a "potential" terrorist can be identified is absurd.

We identify potential terrorists all the time. If we can deny their right to fly, why can't we deny their right to purchase firearms?

I think we need to outlaw car-bombs first.

Also...haven't you noticed that most of the killings have taken place on college campuses committed by teachers and students?

Guess how many times they would have gotten away with slaughtering helpless kids if they had all been packing heat.

I happen to be a firm believer in gun control. I always use both hands.

But seriously I will not belong to the NRA because they are too far right for me. I know some of you don't believe that. But I do not have a problem with registration. I open carry while walking the paths along the river, and conceal carry when going into the city. I would open carry there too but the city cops get a bit excited sometimes. My next major purchase will be an AR-15. Maybe......

I think we need to outlaw car-bombs first.

Also...haven't you noticed that most of the killings have taken place on college campuses committed by teachers and students?

Guess how many times they would have gotten away with slaughtering helpless kids if they had all been packing heat.

The Archie Bunker defense...

Yes....lets arm all schoolchildren to keep them safe

But seriously I will not belong to the NRA because they are too far right for me. I know some of you don't believe that. But I do not have a problem with registration. I open carry while walking the paths along the river, and conceal carry when going into the city. I would open carry there too but the city cops get a bit excited sometimes. My next major purchase will be an AR-15. Maybe......

Do you support suspected terrorists being allowed to buy guns?

Yes....we should supply them with guns...and bombs.....really big ones.

What defines a suspected terrorist?

Forum List

Back