the NRA is like the NAACP

the NRA is like the NAACP
Uh, no, it isn't. The NRA is an industry association. The NAACP is a social rights advocacy group. How are they alike? They both are 501(c) organizations.

Uh, no, the NRA is NOT an "industry association". They are an advocacy group for civil rights, made up of individual members, just like the NAACP.
You can keep thinking that....Or you can submit a FOIA request for the NRA's basic Form 990 and Form 990 supporting schedules...
-- Schedule B (Schedule of Contributors),
-- Schedule F (Statement of Activities Outside the U.S.),
-- Schedule G (Supplemental Information Regarding Fundraising) and using those documents, and
-- Schedule O (Supplemental Information to Form 990) ...
...and then analyze it's sources of funding and corporate affiliations (board memberships and executive level positions held) of the organization's donors and board members.

You'll have to submit your own FOIA request for the Schedule B because unlike other non-profits that are proactively forthcoming with that document, the NRA is not. One can obtain, for at least one year, the NRA's basic 990, but, AFAIK, not the supporting schedules where are found, among other things, the details of who provided how much money to the organization. The available basic 990 does, however, identify the organizations directors and executives. A simple Google cross referencing will reveal by what organizations they are (have been) employed or affiliated with as an active owner (as is the case with owners of S-Corps, partnerships and sole proprietorships).

Unless things have materially changed from earlier in this century, such an analysis will reveal that
  • Before even considering donations, 10% of the NRA's revenue comes from advertising purchased by the arms and ammo industry.
  • Despite the NRA claiming to have no affiliation with the gun industry, individuals such as Pete R Brownell sit on its Board of Directors. (One can see Brownell's and other gun industry execs names listed as NRA Directors in the NRA's basic 2015 Form 990 to which I above linked.)
  • The organizations largest donors provide a material portion of the overall donor contributions (cash and in-kind) and that the largest donors consist overwhelmingly not of private individuals who happen to be rich and have no gun and ammo industry professional affiliation, but from gun and ammo industry firms themselves.
Why can I make the above assertions? Because those are the documented empirical details examiners found and disclosed in a report published several years, about a lustrum or so, back. So, as I noted, unless the organization's manageme

Oh, WELL, I'm just going to leap right on believing a report entitled "Blood Money". Let me just order a hard copy version of that puppy, so I can stick it on my bookshelf.

Meanwhile, the NAACP derives over a quarter of its revenue from big corporate donors whose pet agendas the NAACP shills for. Is anyone surprised that they get millions from telecom corporations, and are vocal supporters of net neutrality? Or that the NEA donates to the NAACP, which vigorously opposes school voucher programs, even though the black people they ostensibly advocate for support them in overwhelming numbers?

It's almost like people donate to advocacy groups they agree with, or something. What a shock.

This is the level of ignorance America has sunk to..

Your posts? Nah, they aren't nearly as ignorant as some posts I've seen. Yet.

the nra is a manufacturers lobbying group at this point

nothing more

Prove it.
The NRA only fights for your right to carry anything made by a gun manufacturer, not from other weapon makers, like those who make chemical weapons, AA missiles, or worse.

Once again, you need someone to explain to you what constitutes "proof". But frankly, I'm too weary to go through this with you on every single thread you choose to grace with your ignorance.

nothing more

Prove it.
The NRA only fights for your right to carry anything made by a gun manufacturer, not from other weapon makers, like those who make chemical weapons, AA missiles, or worse.

Once again, you need someone to explain to you what constitutes "proof". But frankly, I'm too weary to go through this with you on every single thread you choose to grace with your ignorance.
Your concession is duly noted. :biggrin:

nothing more

Prove it.

Your concession is duly noted. :biggrin:

Did you actually need me to concede that you're an inarticulate dimwit? I mean, was it news?

gun control is not a civil rights issue

It's a Constitutional right issue.

It's neither, but the OP says it's a civil rights issue.

selling guns isn't 'dumping'

So creating cheap guns and marketing them to poorer neighborhoods and criminals isn't dumping? Interesting...

YOu have no idea how this works, do you?
The 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution isn't a Constitutional rights issue?

and the rest is just as ignorant.

you should be in the ER

Forum List

Back