The Nordic model is widely regarded as a benchmark.

Where is the persuasive part?
The part where they actually get something for their tax dollars.

Hmm.. that would seem obvious. It'd be a flat out con otherwise. My opposition to socializing medicine has nothing to do with the balance sheet. I just don't see the need to force everyone to conform to one vision of how health care ought to be. And in country as diverse as the US, I think it would be a political nightmare to try.

Where is the persuasive part?
The part where they actually get something for their tax dollars.

Hmm.. that would seem obvious. It'd be a flat out con otherwise. My opposition to socializing medicine has nothing to do with the balance sheet. I just don't see the need to force everyone to conform to one vision of how health care ought to be. And in country as diverse as the US, I think it would be a political nightmare to try.
Unfortunately I don't think there is any other option. Healthcare costs continue to skyrocket. Soon it will be something only the rich can afford, and I don't think that is a good thing. Healthcare and markets just don't mix. When you are hauled off in an ambulance you've no opportunity to shop pricing. When you need life threatening surgery you just go for the best option, you don't shop around pricing. I see no other option, clearly Trump and the republicans have no plan and the Dem plan has failed.

So the Swiss bank, a neutral country with banking policies that everyone knows about, did what all banks do, and made money off of capital they’ve received. They only made 20 million from the nazi bullion, and they received 500 million to start out with. And again, you’re implying that the banks shared that 20 million in profits with their citizens and government? Well if that’s the case, it just proves my point that they’re doing something right over there. They were so efficient with that 20 million, that they used it to propel them to the top 3 in every category. That’s just incredible. For any other modern 1st world country, 20 million is a water molecule in a bucket. Might be enough to fund a few school districts...maybe enough to fund the tiniest department they have in government. But it sounds like if you give the Swiss 40, 50, maybe even 60 million, they could make heaven on earth with that money.
That's how much they have admitted to so for. I thought it was all in Argentina?

Again, what are they doing we should mimic? Think we should all become bankers?
No, that was never the claim, nor did the Swiss ever hide the fact they did banking with the Nazis, like they do with a bunch of countries around them, just like Germany and hundreds of other countries do today...your claim was the Swiss are successful because of all that “Nazi” gold that they only saw a 4% return on. The conspiracy theory is (theory held by people who don’t understand banking), is that the Swiss are hiding gold confiscated from the Jews. Right...because all the thousands of Nazis who ran to South America, stopped in Switzerland, handed that gold to them out of the kindness of their heart, left to a new continent with nothing, and just happened to pull money out of thin air and have entire cities built for them in South America...that totally follows. Along with the fact that Swiss banks give all that gold/profits from gold back to the people and government out of the kindness of their heart, and that explains why the Swiss are doing so well.

Our government and constitution drew much of their inspiration from the Swiss Republic. We’re basically a combination of the Swiss Republic, and Lenape Indians (I think, it’s one of the Indian tribes). And no, the Swiss aren’t all bankers, gotta love these strawman, reductionist arguments. The banking industry in Switzerland only makes up 5% of national GDP. Do a lot of countries like to bank with the Swiss, yes, because they’re a neutral country that your not going to have to worry about holding your assets hostage for whatever international political reasons (the same reason so many international and scientific bodies want to operate there). Do their banks operate like how movies portray them, as totally anonymous and taking funds from questionable sources left and right? NO, that’s a silly myth. Do they have bank account with shady characters, sure they do, but what bank doesn’t? If apparently clean money comes to you, you take it as a bank. We caught major US banks literally laundering money for drug cartels, something that the Swiss banks don’t do, yet people like to believe what they see in bond movies over reality.

What the Swiss offer is extremely small federal government, more localized control, about the freest markets you’ll see in a country (not city state like Hong Kong or Singapore), low government spending, even lower taxes, and social/legal code that basically says don’t hurt or steal from other people, other than that, have at it. What’s argued as a downside to the Swiss republic, is a mandatory military service of 2 years for 18 year old males. But if you live in a neutral country, that’ll never go to war unless invaded, that’s not at all a big deal. And they’re ready for any invasion, since you keep your fully automatic assault rifle after your mandatory service, and can walk down the street with it on your shoulder when grabbing a cup of coffee. So believe it or not, small government, with more localized control, low taxes, free markets, and an armed citizenry, just happens to make you the overall happiest country, highest standard of living, best education system, best healthcare system, safest country, low crime, with the most stable economy humanity has ever seen. So, are you still going to rely on old cheesy bond movies to get your education on the Swiss?
They have stronger gun control than we do.

You have a link to back up what your saying for review?
Right...because essientially GIVING all your men a fully automatic assault rifle is about as restrictive a gun law there is. In America all these “assault style” weapons (that are only semi automatic) are apparently the problem, but the Swiss prove otherwise. Do they have gun laws, yes, do they matter all that much if you got a sig 550 sitting in your umbrella holder that the government gave you? No.

And no, I don’t have to do shit. You’re high if you think I’m going to satisfy appeals to ignorance in this day and age with essientially all of human knowledge accessible in the palm of your hand, from the likes of someone who’d actually post on a public message board something as stupid as “the Swiss are only successful because they’re all bankers...and nazi gold.” Then, they don’t back those claims up in the slightest, and then have the gall to demand that I back my claims up. Again, you’re high, and I’m not wasting my time on people who can’t have intellectually honest conversations.
I don't want to get too far off topic, but just to prove again you don't know what you are talking about:
And differences with the US don’t end at cultural ones. In Switzerland, regulations have become much more stringent since the free-wheeling days before a Weapons Act was put into place in 1999. And they have steadily tightened over the past 15 years. Military guns, once given to members after their service and passed down for generations, can now only be acquired after service with a firearms acquisition license. Since 2007, army-issued ammunition cannot be kept at home. A gun under the bed for self-protection? Impossible in Switzerland.

Loaded guns, whether military or for sport, cannot be carried on the streets here without a special permit which is rarely issued. Because of conscription, the Swiss are highly trained in weapons handling and storage. As he drives away from the shooting range Sunday, Mr. Steffen says he would never want the right to transport his army rifle loaded. “No, no,” he says, “that is crazy. For us, guns are for sport, and protection of our country, only.”

Switzerland has lots of guns. But its gun culture takes different path from US.

You must not believe the swiss model if you won't provide any links of support. Not surprised.
Once again, this is another appeal to ignorance. If you don’t prove it, it must be false. Nope, that’s a logical fallacy. There’s no reason for it since this information isn’t top secret info only accessible to the Swiss, you’re currently using the thing that can provide you all the answers you desire. Use it. I’m not wasting my time chasing my tail with someone who cites outdated conspiracy theories in order to make a reductionist, strawman argument that makes no sense (they’re all bankers), just because they demand that I jump their unecassary hoops...or else I’ll be wrong. Yea that’s stupid. Nope, moving along.

Proof that the Nordic Model would be all the commies in the U.S. immigrating to Nordic Countries. There is no immigration to those countries from the U.S., therefore, it's not so great.

Healthcare and markets just don't mix

That's completely wrong. A free market with pricing competition is what is needed to drive costs lower. The more government is involved with health care, the more costs rise. A case study is when W socialized senior drugs. A big buyer usually negotiates price down. But the Congress didn't. We pay drug companies RETAIL price for W's socialized senior drugs, half of which end up for sale in our high schools.

Get government OUT of healthcare. Government is the cause of the inflation in health care, because we continue to elect bought and paid for sell outs...

Healthcare and markets just don't mix

That's completely wrong. A free market with pricing competition is what is needed to drive costs lower. The more government is involved with health care, the more costs rise. A case study is when W socialized senior drugs. A big buyer usually negotiates price down. But the Congress didn't. We pay drug companies RETAIL price for W's socialized senior drugs, half of which end up for sale in our high schools.

Get government OUT of healthcare. Government is the cause of the inflation in health care, because we continue to elect bought and paid for sell outs...
I disagree. We have more markets than most and the most expensive healthcare. You can’t shop healthcare in most instances. Have an emergency? You can’t shop where to go. Need life threatening surgery? You will get the best treatment you can find. It’s not like shopping for a car.

Forum List

Back