The "No Labels" an answered the the go-nowhere partisan approach?

kiwiman127

Comfortably Moderate
Oct 19, 2010
4th Cleanest City in the World-Minneapolis
Rush Limbaugh and Keith Olbermann have both blasted No Labels, so they must be doing and standing for something right.The
No Labels
is a new political group that is in it's infant stages of forming.
It is comprised of Democrats and Republicans who are sick and tired of partisan politics and politices of that produce nothing in helping America move forward.
It's founders include; Dave Walker, David Frum, Holly Page, John Avlon, John Veroneau, Mark McKinnon amongst others.
When No Labels had their kick-off launch the speakers included; NY Mayor Mike Bloomberg, Joe Scarborough, General David Walker, David Gergen, Mike Castle and David Brooks.
As one can see, the big names associated with No Labels come from the GOP, Democrats and Independents.
In the future the No Labels by 2012 will organize nationally in all Congressional Districts, set up on 150 college campuses, set up Town Hall Meetings, have annual awards for Republican and Democrats who work across party lines to get things done. Also, they will establish a Political Action Committee that can operate in the 2012 primary races of members who get challenged by the ideological extremes of either party. Their goals is to have one million members by 2012.
Finally there is a movement for Independents who refuse to identify with the hyper-partisan GOP and Democratic Party.
As a moderate, who was once a Republican (and actually worked on 3 presidential GOP campaigns), who recently voted for Democrats and is now sick of both parties, I'm thrilled there is an alternative being offered.
Any thoughts out there?

Last edited:
If part of their platform is to pass teethy tax haven abuse law with vigorous enforcement then they'll get my support. But having Bloomberg as a kick-off speaker, I'll doubt that.
Still, I'll take a wait n' see attitude as alternatives to Dems and Repubs at this juncture is called for.

New? They do this every time Democrats lose. Please.

Ah, this "new group" has several Republicans that support it.
A majority of American aren't happy with Washington and the two parties. Just because the GOP did very well this past elections does not mean they got a mandate. Every exit poll I saw didn't confirm a mandate. Also look at the recent poll where Congress as a whole got a 13% approval rating.
The American people want things done, this country needs to move forward and the scenario for the next two years shows one thing,,,MORE GRIDLOCK! Both parties have put their ideology ahead of their country.
Also, when one is a part of either ideology it basically restricts their thinking, they are boxed in to the same old repetitve thinking. The same old solutions that didn't work before. It's obvious that thinking out of the box is required and ideology limits that possibility.

Forum List

Back