The Nice Nice Give A Flower To Someone Thread.

Love that tree!!!

You should take pics of your town's most beautiful spots and put them in Eye Candy.

And now you know why I picked it for you. Plus, it is just really different as a flower.

Thanks, Stats. When I was growing up, my mother planted a bottle brush plant in the yard. I didn't know why, but she may have gotten an idea from Aunt Lorna who was from Sydney, as they corresponded for years on end after WWII.

plant-bottle-brush-trees-800x800.jpg

Also known as lemon bottlebrush, red bottle brush (Callistemon citrinus) is a flowering member of the myrtle family characterized by its fluffy, bright red seed heads and broad, bushy habit. Red bottlebrush is a common specimen tree or container plant for warm climates. The plant is fairly low maintenance and requires little care to thrive.

Read more: Facts about the Plant Bottle Brush | eHow

@freedombecki

I know that plant!!! It is growing in a yard 1 KM from my place. At that house is also an exotic tree called the Affenschwanzbaum (Monkey's Tail Tree):

I just took this photo last weekend, on Easter Sunday:

IMG_20140420_105848_zpsf4c15867.jpg

Next time I swing by, I will take a pic of the bottlebrush.

:D

Those monkey tail trees are a sight to see. I recollect from having lived in the State of Oregon years ago, two Monkey's Tail Trees overlooked the freeway going North. They may have been near or on the road to the world-famous Portland Rose Gardens with a lovely zoological garden nearby. You can't mistake the Chilean natives aka Araucaria araucana for anything else when they are so huge. We lived there for 5 years, and I have to say Oregon is a beautiful state, even for people who lived most of their adult lives in Wyoming, which boasts beautiful Yellowstone Park with its view of the Grand Tetons, Old Faithful, and Togwotee Pass, not to mention Two-Ocean Lake, once thought to empty into tributaries to two oceans as thought by its proximity to the Continental Divide. :)

Forum List

Back