===the nhl is thinking about banning fighting in hockey games===

Once hockey reaches a certain level there needs to be the healthy fear that you just may get your ass kicked for what you are thinking about doing.

It's probably not surprising that pound for pound the baddest motherfucker to ever lace'em up in the NHL was full blooded Mohawk. Only 5'8" tall and used to beat the snot of guys half a foot taller.

But don't take my word for it, check it out for yourself.

stan jonathan fights - YouTube

I don't know about America, though I imagine it is no different, but there is no fighting in hockey for kids in Canada. .

At the kids level the fighting is restricted to their parents during games, practice, for no reason at all...sometimes to the death.

Oh, I know. It's awful.

Some parents are just morons. A friend of mine was a coach for a long time, and he had to get a parent banned from the rink because he took a swing at him. The poor kid was so embarrassed.

It's probably not surprising that pound for pound the baddest motherfucker to ever lace'em up in the NHL was full blooded Mohawk. Only 5'8" tall and used to beat the snot of guys half a foot taller.]

Why is that suprising or not surprising?

As a dedicated Flyers' fan since they came into the league in 1968, this game would have made Dave 'The Hammer' Schultz proud.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1-25s4uwFQ]Unbelievable Hockey Fight - YouTube[/ame]

the only reason people watch hockey... Is for the fights.

that's what people who don't watch hockey assume. But they're wrong.

in-bloody-deed!

The hammer shone like a star....

It's probably not surprising that pound for pound the baddest motherfucker to ever lace'em up in the NHL was full blooded Mohawk. Only 5'8" tall and used to beat the snot of guys half a foot taller.

Oh, the First Nations are tough hockey players mani.

I played against the Indian reservations when I was in Prince Albert. You hit them and they laughed.

So, I taped some silver half dollars to the end of my stick. :eek:

From Prince Albert.

Fred Sasakamoose

sasak.jpg

I played with his son. Darius Sasakamoose.

What a first name eh? 16 kids in his family. :)

btw, Darius was the toughest street-fighter in Prince Albert for 15 years as well.

Last edited:
And then there was the Larry Zeidel/Eddie Shack stick fight, the year the Flyers came into the league. The Boston bench had been tossing anti-semetic slurs to Zeidel during the game.
This fight should be dedicated to Ropey! (Can't find a video of it, but I remember seeing it live on UHF channel 29 back in the Philadelphia area when I was a kid.)

Eddie Shack vs Larry Zeidel famous stick fight - hockeyfights.com forums

the only reason people watch hockey... Is for the fights.

that's what people who don't watch hockey assume. But they're wrong.

in-bloody-deed!

The hammer shone like a star....

Oh, the First Nations are tough hockey players mani.

I played against the Indian reservations when I was in Prince Albert. You hit them and they laughed.

So, I taped some silver half dollars to the end of my stick. :eek:

From Prince Albert.

Fred Sasakamoose

sasak.jpg

I played with his son. Darius Sasakamoose.

What a first name eh? 16 kids in his family. :)

btw, Darius was the toughest street-fighter in Prince Albert for 15 years as well.

And that's saying something ...

And then there was the Larry Zeidel/Eddie Shack stick fight, the year the Flyers came into the league. The Boston bench had been tossing anti-semetic slurs to Zeidel during the game.
This fight should be dedicated to Ropey! (Can't find a video of it, but I remember seeing it live on UHF channel 29 back in the Philadelphia area when I was a kid.)

Eddie Shack vs Larry Zeidel famous stick fight - hockeyfights.com forums

Yes, Larry never could control his temper when the slurs came out. I have the same issue and when it's someone who picks the people to slur, and the ones not to slur for personal choice?

imgC.jpg

Larry's #3 ( See the nose :razz: )

Thank you for this little gem. :razz:

And that's saying something ...

Well, there was 9 boys in the family and when they came in from the rez? PA got really hopping. I always liked downtown. :rofl:

This Jew understood bigotry as it was shown to me back then as well. I saw it with the first nations people. I have many native friends, have feasted drank and fought with them (sometimes comes after the feasting) :rofl:

Damned good people...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back