The NFL playoff system is messed up.

Explain, I guess I am too young to remember the good ol days....

They were not the good old days. the teams that exist now obviously can afford to exist and stay afloat. There is nothing wrong with the playoff system at all. Pretty simple concept, if you win your division you go to the playoffs. and there are 2 wild cards for each Conference, they are the two none division holders with the best records. Couldn't be simpler or more fair.

They were not the good old days. the teams that exist now obviously can afford to exist and stay afloat. There is nothing wrong with the playoff system at all. Pretty simple concept, if you win your division you go to the playoffs. and there are 2 wild cards for each Conference, they are the two none division holders with the best records. Couldn't be simpler or more fair.

Uh huh. That's about how I remember it as well. Just thought for a second that I was getting mixed signals from the aliens and men in black and there was an alternate universe playoff system I missed........:eusa_whistle:

Now if we can just get college ball on the same freq.

The NFL splits evenly all revenue so you never have 'small market' teams that can't compete, that is why tiny Green bay can field great players.

There is NEVER a need in the NFL for a team to contract, they move because owners want better stadiums with luxury seats they don't have to share revenue with the other owners.

well, maybe if it means Manning will lose in the first round, the system is ok.:lol:

an 11-5 team missing the playoffs while an 8-8 team hosts a playoff game and the system works well? Sure, it's fair, but it doesn't work well.

Those are the breaks.

Some divisions are strong, and some are weak. It doesn't stay the same forever. And it's not like 11-5 teams perpetually miss the playoffs, it's only happened a handful of times.

Those are the breaks.

Some divisions are strong, and some are weak. It doesn't stay the same forever. And it's not like 11-5 teams perpetually miss the playoffs, it's only happened a handful of times.
last year, the AFC east was seen as the weakest division
anyone think that this year?

The system vindicates itself again as teh 8-8 teams both win over the wildcards.

Yeah, that's what I was going to say as well. I like the system as it is, and it's kind of hard to argue away the 8-8/9-7 teams now that they've won.

Last edited:
Everyone here in Pittsburgh are thrilled we don't have to play Baltimore this week. San Diego is clearly the inferior team. That is why when the Steelers became the number 2 team in the AFC I wasnt upset in the least. It has clearly worked out for us. I dont think that anyone would be against my idea I said earlier in this thread. That again is that the number one seed should have their choice of facing the winners from wild card weekend. Anyone here disagree?

Baltimore v Tennessee.

Tennessee will win for the same reason why Arizona beat Atlanta and Philadelphia beat Minnesota - Baltimore has a rookie QB and the Titans do not, and the Titans have a better, or at least more experienced coach who has been to the Super Bowl.

Baltimore v Tennessee.

Tennessee will win for the same reason why Arizona beat Atlanta and Philadelphia beat Minnesota - Baltimore has a rookie QB and the Titans do not, and the Titans have a better, or at least more experienced coach who has been to the Super Bowl.

How long do I have to keep my sig up anyway? :confused: :doubt: :evil:

The Pats are my team but the rules are the rules. The Pats didn't beat the teams they needed to , to get into the Play offs, see them next year!!

Forum List

Back