The NFL Players of the Decade~

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Guess who is # 1~ :eusa_whistle:

Who are NFL's top players of the decade?

manning-1.jpg

Peyton deserves it. He has redefined the position of QB

rep-whore. :lol:

No, not really

Just been watching the game for 45 years. Peyton is an elite QB. Extremely smart, quick release, strong arm, sees the field as well as I have ever seen. Like I said, I think he redefines the position of QB.
I'm a Giants fan and watch Eli every week. He has grown significantly in the job and has many of Peytons qualities...but he is nowhere close

No, not really

Just been watching the game for 45 years. Peyton is an elite QB. Extremely smart, quick release, strong arm, sees the field as well as I have ever seen. Like I said, I think he redefines the position of QB.
I'm a Giants fan and watch Eli every week. He has grown significantly in the job and has many of Peytons qualities...but he is nowhere close

how has he redefined the position?

i don't think he's doing anything differently (or better) than johnny unitas did 50 years ago.

Peyton Manning is a great QB. No doubt about that, but I find his style to be somewhat BORING. When does he ever make the game exciting? How often does he pull off the great come backs like Brett Favre? He's methodical, predictable and downright boring to watch. Give me a QB that can bring a team back from an seemingly insurmountable deficit and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat any day. Oh and don't forget, one that can win the big games when they count... regularly!

Give me the Joe Montana's and Brett Favre's of the game and I'll be happy. Even Tom Brady can make the game interesting. Stick me with Peyton Manning and I'll be asleep.

That being said... I'll trade you Josh Freeman for Peyton Manning and a player to be named later in a heart beat... :D I can use the naps and the Succaneers can use the wins. :rofl:

Immie

Last edited:

No, not really

i don't think he's doing anything differently (or better) than johnny unitas did 50 years ago.

Now lets get to the real question here. The hell with the last decade.

Who is the greatest Colts Quarterback? Manning or Unitas?

No, not really

Now lets get to the real question here. The hell with the last decade.

Who is the greatest Colts Quarterback? Manning or Unitas?

Greatest or best?

Greatest... Unitas

Better QB... Manning.

Immie

Having watched Layne and Unitas and Namath and so forth, I am very convinced that Peyton Manning has clearly outclassed all other quarterbacks in the history of the game. Not even Favre is his equal.

Forum List

Back