The NFL is wrong!

If I was an NFL player right now, I'd quit and play in the CFL. Why in the world do some whites purposefully miss a simple message to make one up that has nothing to do with the issue presented? The kneeling started because of police killing of blacks and racial injustice in America. It was plainly stated by Kaepernick

Colin Kaepernick explains why he won't stand during National Anthem

It's time whites stopped lying and about things they do. Whites are humans, they fuck up and the reason these protests are going on is that whites keep fucking up and refuse to see or stop what they are doing. It's always the other guy. Well no it's not, and as citizens of this nation whites are responsible for the good and bad things they do. And you don't get brag about all your great accomplishments without looking at your mistakes.

Of course this thread will devolve into you blacks are.... blah, blah, bah. This isn't about us backs. It is about how whites have misinterpreted a protest to make themselves believe it's about something they made up. Then again this thread might get closed or moved "'mysteriously" for no reason.

I doubt you would quit. Evidence of that is there are well over s thousand players and I’m not aware that even one player is quitting over this issue.

And while I agree it’s wrong, it’s completely witching their right as a private company. What I would rather see is giving players the option of staying in the locker room or coming out onto the field during the National Anthem; but if you come out, you have to stand. But it’s their business to create their own rules and regulations.

You can make money in Canada and play football without all that. Yes when I was in my 20's I very well may have quit and played in the CFL.

If you were talented enough to play in the NFL, you wouldnt quit and go play in Canada because they wouldnt let you kneel in the US. Youd do as youre told, just like all these players will.

The hell I wouldn't. You didn't know me when I was in my 20's. I can go to Canada, be an instant star, play forever at top money, make all kinds of endorsement money up there and live without this bullshit, I would quit.

IMHO:

1. The NFL should NOT get involved in this non-issue.

2. Football players are entertainers. That is, they are modern gladiators.

3. No one should care whether those footballers kneel or lie down or sleep or do anything else during the national anthem.

4. The fans should only be concerned about how well those entertainers amuse them on the field.

5. If those entertainers want to make fools of themselves, why should anyone care?
Its a business, and these players are hurting the business. It would be like if i was hired to be a spokesman for a company and i suddenly started wearing a Nazi Uniform every time i went on tv. Yes its a free country, but im damaging their business, so wouldnt you expect them to fire me? At the very least you should expect them to tell me to stop dressing like a Nazi on tv.

Analogy fail ^ along with Godwin's Law invocation
If the players were showing up to play football in Nazi uniforms, perhaps you would have a point.
They are respectfully taking a knee for 60 second prior to the game.
Nazis thought Nazi uniforms were respectful too, but that doesn't mean the rest of us share your views, and it is hurting their business because its offensive to so many people.

Half the fans are buying beer and the other half can't even sing the words during the anthem.
Irrelevant. Its bad for business.

Actually no one knows how much that has affected business.

Football players are EMPLOYEES. They are doing nothing more than playing a game and getting PAID for it.

They have an EMPLOYER, and when they take the field, they are AT WORK, and if their EMPLOYER tells them not to do something, and it doesn't matter ONE FUCKING BIT what it is their employer is telling them to do, they better do it.

There isn't a person on this board that if they were HONEST, would say that if THEIR employer told them not to do something, that they'd think they had the RIGHT to do it and NOT get FIRED.

Blah, blah, blah. There are actually things employers cannot tell employees to do. You might want to talk to Harvey Weinstein about that.

Football players are EMPLOYEES. They are doing nothing more than playing a game and getting PAID for it.

They have an EMPLOYER, and when they take the field, they are AT WORK, and if their EMPLOYER tells them not to do something, and it doesn't matter ONE FUCKING BIT what it is their employer is telling them to do, they better do it.

There isn't a person on this board that if they were HONEST, would say that if THEIR employer told them not to do something, that they'd think they had the RIGHT to do it and NOT get FIRED.

Blah, blah, blah. There are actually things employers cannot tell employees to do. You might want to talk to Harvey Weinstein about that.
Oh really... well there's one thing for sure an employer can tell an employee that's costing his business money... and that's YOU'RE FIRED.

Get a clue, moron.

If I was an NFL player right now, I'd quit and play in the CFL. Why in the world do some whites purposefully miss a simple message to make one up that has nothing to do with the issue presented? The kneeling started because of police killing of blacks and racial injustice in America. It was plainly stated by Kaepernick

Colin Kaepernick explains why he won't stand during National Anthem

It's time whites stopped lying and about things they do. Whites are humans, they fuck up and the reason these protests are going on is that whites keep fucking up and refuse to see or stop what they are doing. It's always the other guy. Well no it's not, and as citizens of this nation whites are responsible for the good and bad things they do. And you don't get brag about all your great accomplishments without looking at your mistakes.

Of course this thread will devolve into you blacks are.... blah, blah, bah. This isn't about us backs. It is about how whites have misinterpreted a protest to make themselves believe it's about something they made up. Then again this thread might get closed or moved "'mysteriously" for no reason.

Two of my nephews and several friends have played in the NFL. Their belief is that the NFL players association/union will legally appeal this decision if it violates the collective bargaining agreement. The owners likely agreed on this to pacify #45. Considering that NFL owners collectively donated millions to his campaign (28 out of 32 owners), it's not surprising.
How much money NFL owners have donated to Donald Trump

What is even more interesting about this is that quite a few actual veterans believed that it was the players right if they chose not to stand, but the most vocal on forcing them to have been people who have never even served.

NFL Players Association criticizes new league policy on kneeling during national anthem

The players arent paid to protest, they should do it on their own time.

The players are paid to play a position on the team that their contract is with.

There is nothing in any NFL players contract that states they are required to stand up for the anthem.

A football game is comprised of four fifteen minute quarters.

The anthem is not conducted during playing time. It is a "pregame" activity.

The minute that the kickoff happens, the clock is running and the game is in progress.

Last edited:
DeG3AEbXcAAcaez_zpszfcrelb7.jpg

Its a business, and these players are hurting the business. It would be like if i was hired to be a spokesman for a company and i suddenly started wearing a Nazi Uniform every time i went on tv. Yes its a free country, but im damaging their business, so wouldnt you expect them to fire me? At the very least you should expect them to tell me to stop dressing like a Nazi on tv.

Analogy fail ^ along with Godwin's Law invocation
If the players were showing up to play football in Nazi uniforms, perhaps you would have a point.
They are respectfully taking a knee for 60 second prior to the game.
Nazis thought Nazi uniforms were respectful too, but that doesn't mean the rest of us share your views, and it is hurting their business because its offensive to so many people.

Half the fans are buying beer and the other half can't even sing the words during the anthem.
Irrelevant. Its bad for business.

Actually no one knows how much that has affected business.
Sure we do. It's the number 1 reason for failing ratings.

Survey: Protests top reason NFL ratings dipped

Forum List

Back