The next time somebody says "Happy Holidays"...

Happy Holidays isn't about being non-religious, you fucking idiot... it's about acknowledging more than one religious holiday during this season, some of which are even celebrated secularly.

If you're one of those fucking bitches like my dad's wife who goes APESHIT if somebody says Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas, then you have some fucking problems.

You sure have a big mouth lefty hiding behind a computer. It's about majority rule and the majority of people are Christians in the U.S.

Now go fuck yourself punk.
Are you really this stupid or must you work at it? Majority rule? :lmao:

Except when this country is prosecuting wars that kill millions of people.

Then it's not "Christian".

:lol:

are you admitting there is not must difference between christians and muslims when it comes to narrow views and imposing them on others?

I am not. I am giving some perspective to religious "bitching".

And you make a valid point. Petty is petty no matter which religion - or lack thereof for that matter.

Some religious based bitching is a bit more than bitching was my actual point.

Petty behavior to me is bitching about silly sig lines and even sillier forum "clubs". ;)

merry-christmas-funny-potato-com3.jpg
funny_christmas_pictures_12.jpg

Last edited:
Run this past them on the origin of the word:

1500s, earlier haliday (c.1200), from old English haligdæg "holy day; Sabbath," from halig "holy" (see holy) + dæg "day" (see day); in 14c. meaning "religious festival."

Here they think they're being all clever and non-religious...

Wait until lefties find out about this!

Happy Holidays isn't about being non-religious, you fucking idiot... it's about acknowledging more than one religious holiday during this season, some of which are even celebrated secularly.

If you're one of those fucking bitches like my dad's wife who goes APESHIT if somebody says Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas, then you have some fucking problems.

You sure have a big mouth lefty hiding behind a computer. It's about majority rule and the majority of people are Christians in the U.S.

Now go fuck yourself punk.

How Christian of you.

One of the best aspects of Christmas is to piss people off by running around saying Merry Christmas.

One of the best aspects of Christmas is to piss people off by running around saying Merry Christmas.
I've been doing that for years...just saying "Merry Christmas" when out and about during the season.

I have YET to meet anyone who was offended by my saying that.

Hmmmmmm.

I've been doing that for years...just saying "Merry Christmas" when out and about during the season.

Hmmmmmm.

I once made an elderly woman cry by wishing her a Merry Christmas. It was so awesome it kept me laughing for a week. :D

Hmmmmmm.

I once made an elderly woman cry by wishing her a Merry Christmas. It was so awesome it kept me laughing for a week. :D
:lmao:

Ninja stealth zen archery in action!

Hmmmmmm.

In California you are most likely to run across someone who will yell HATE SPEECH. Years ago when I first started my Merry Christmas campaign, I said it to the receptionist at the veterinarian's office. She got all flustered and said nothing because the rule was to not create offense by saying anything. She followed me out the back door to the parking lot and said "Merry Christmas to you too. We're not supposed to say that on the job, I'd be fired if I did."

So now I say it to everyone, all the time.

Run this past them on the origin of the word:

1500s, earlier haliday (c.1200), from old English haligdæg "holy day; Sabbath," from halig "holy" (see holy) + dæg "day" (see day); in 14c. meaning "religious festival."

Here they think they're being all clever and non-religious...

Wait until lefties find out about this!

Why are you the one getting upset about the whole "Happy Holidays" thing?

Frankly, I enjoy the hell out of Christmas, watching my little nieces and nephews open their presents. And I don't spend one minute thinking about Jesus during it.

For me as well. I love Christmas. Easter was great when my kids and latter grandkids were young. Both of those were holidays the Christains took over from other religions. I see absolutely no reason why I can't do the same.

I don't anyone cares how many non-Christans celebrate Christmas. I think what they care about is telling Christians they can't call it Christmas or that they shouldn't be celebrating ti at all. Removing the nativity scenes from public places, etc. Telling our kids they can't sing religious Christmas carols at school, etc.

I am not. I am giving some perspective to religious "bitching".

And you make a valid point. Petty is petty no matter which religion - or lack thereof for that matter.

Petty behavior to me is bitching about silly sig lines and even sillier forum "clubs". ;)

Well, I consider this whole "Merry Christmas" vs "Happy Holidays" situation to be petty. If someone is trying to be pleasant, why would anyone get upset just because they used the wrong magic words? It is, after all, the thought that counts - is it not? As to the other stuff, religious insanity is insanity regardless of religion. Christianity is no more a stranger to it than Islam.

Well, I consider this whole "Merry Christmas" vs "Happy Holidays" situation to be petty. If someone is trying to be pleasant, why would anyone get upset just because they used the wrong magic words? It is, after all, the thought that counts - is it not? As to the other stuff, religious insanity is insanity regardless of religion. Christianity is no more a stranger to it than Islam.

Honestly I never see this bitching or complaining about greetings IRL. Just on forums and on political gabfests. There is little religious drama in most Christian's life during the holidays I would guess. I know there is none in mine. Cooking, shopping(hate that), wrapping, entertaining, praying, loving, laughing and living.

Extremists are the problem in any faith.

Last edited:
Why are you the one getting upset about the whole "Happy Holidays" thing?

Frankly, I enjoy the hell out of Christmas, watching my little nieces and nephews open their presents. And I don't spend one minute thinking about Jesus during it.

For me as well. I love Christmas. Easter was great when my kids and latter grandkids were young. Both of those were holidays the Christains took over from other religions. I see absolutely no reason why I can't do the same.

I don't anyone cares how many non-Christans celebrate Christmas. I think what they care about is telling Christians they can't call it Christmas or that they shouldn't be celebrating ti at all. Removing the nativity scenes from public places, etc. Telling our kids they can't sing religious Christmas carols at school, etc.

Nope. Not even close. Oh there are folks out there who would love to impose their beliefs on Christians, just as there are Christians out there who would love to impose their beliefs on non-Christians.

For example, let's take this idea of the kids and Christmas carols. Now, those kids can sing those carols all they want. But that is not what you are talking about, is it? What you mean is for the school to assign the kids to singing those carols. Which means there are going to be kids who are not Christian who will be forced to sing Christian music. You know, imposing Christian beliefs upon non-Chrisitians. I can see how there are people who don't care for that idea.

Forum List

Back