The Next Sheehan Headline - Is She Neglecting Her Family?

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX AUG 14, 2005 08:02:39 ET XXXXX

BUSH PROTESTING MOM CALLS FOR 'ISRAEL OUT OF PALESTINE'; VOWS NOT TO PAY TAXES

Anti-war protestor Cindy Sheehan, whose soldier son Casey was killed in Iraq, is calling for Bush's "impeachment," and for Israel to get out of Palestine!

"You get America out of Iraq and Israel out of Palestine and you'll stop the terrorism," Sheehan declares.

Sheehan, who is asking for a second meeting with President Bush, says defiantly: "My son was killed in 2004. I am not paying my taxes for 2004. You killed my son, George Bush, and I don't owe you a penny...you give my son back and I'll pay my taxes. Come after me (for back taxes) and we'll put this war on trial."

"And now I'm going to use another 'I' word - impeachment - because we cannot have these people pardoned. They need to be tried on war crimes and go to jail."

The 48-year-old California mom remains tented up in a ditch along the one-lane road that leads to Bush's Texas ranch.

As her protest entered its second week, hundreds of people with conflicting opinions about the war in Iraq descended on the area.

TIME mag reports in new editions on Monday: Sheehan gets support from her surviving son, Andy, in principle, but he recently sent her a long e-mail imploring her, "to come home because you need to support us at home."

Developing...

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3cs.htm
--

Who is going to jump on this quote?

Part of a soldiers job is that he puts himself at risk of death. If you don't want your son to take that risk tell him not to enlist. This is like a mom protesting that her son went deaf because he was playing in a heavy metal band.

nucular said:
Part of a soldiers job is that he puts himself at risk of death. If you don't want your son to take that risk tell him not to enlist. This is like a mom protesting that her son went deaf because he was playing in a heavy metal band.

My parents did not tell me to enlist or not to enlist...the decision was mine during the Vietnam era...dropped out of college to enlist...my relatives set the example during the Korean war and WWII...both me and my brother enlisted for the Vietnam era...and to this day am not sorry!

-=d=- said:
that woman is clearly insane.

and would go farther to say she just converted her husband and family to the conservative side...that is the only benefit I can see from this tradgedy!

archangel said:
and would go farther to say she just converted her husband and family to the conservative side...that is the only benefit I can see from this tradgedy!

She is truly making a mockery of herself. The fact that this is even getting dignified with so much publicity is sad. This woman is no more important than any of us posting on this board. I'm sorry her son died but she doesn't need to be using her son's death as an excuse to get some publicity so she can vent about politics.

To put things in perspective of how stupid this woman is just listen to her comments about the taxes. She claims that she won't send a penny to GWB. Well luckily for her she can still pay her taxes and do that. Taxes are paid to the US Treasury and Congress is in charge of appropriating those funds. If Bush wants to put new spending bills in congress has the ability to override him.

Powerman said:
To put things in perspective of how stupid this woman is just listen to her comments about the taxes. She claims that she won't send a penny to GWB. Well luckily for her she can still pay her taxes and do that. Taxes are paid to the US Treasury and Congress is in charge of appropriating those funds. If Bush wants to put new spending bills in congress has the ability to override him.

WEll, at least she is siding with Bush on the "cutting taxes" issue:)

Im glad to hear she is living in a ditch, its where she belongs.

Listened to air america this morning (I cant allow myself to be toooo happy at times:) ), the propaganda coming from hate radio, and how they distort what is happening. Its amazing. It will be extra nice when that station folds into oblivion.

New Topics

Forum List

Back