The Next Right

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
Bill Henke says the far right is making true conservatives look bad. I know there more than a few true conservatives on this board I think would agree. He's trying to organize conservatives to take a stand against the wingnutters...

This is just hideously embarrassing for the Right.

[T]he Web site Worldnetdaily.com says that the government is considering Nazi-like concentration camps for dissidents. Jerome Corsi, the author of "The Obama Nation," an anti-Obama book, says that a proposal in Congress "appears designed to create the type of detention center that those concerned about use of the military in domestic affairs fear could be used as concentration camps for political dissidents, such as occurred in Nazi Germany."

In the 1960's, William F. Buckley denounced the John Birch Society leadership for being "so far removed from common sense" and later said "We cannot allow the emblem of irresponsibility to attach to the conservative banner."

The Birthers are the Birchers of our time, and WorldNetDaily is their pamphlet. The Right has mostly ignored these embarrassing people and organizations, but some people and organizations inexplicably choose to support WND through advertising and email list rental or other collaboration. For instance, I have been told that F.I.R.E (The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education) - an otherwise respectable group that does important work - uses the WND email list. They should stop. [SEE UPDATE II]

No respectable organization should support the kind of fringe idiocy that WND peddles. Those who do are not respectable.

Organizing Against WorldNetDaily | The Next Right

Bill Henke says the far right is making true conservatives look bad. I know there more than a few true conservatives on this board I think would agree. He's trying to organize conservatives to take a stand against the wingnutters...

[T]he Web site Worldnetdaily.com says that the government is considering Nazi-like concentration camps for dissidents. Jerome Corsi, the author of "The Obama Nation," an anti-Obama book, says that a proposal in Congress "appears designed to create the type of detention center that those concerned about use of the military in domestic affairs fear could be used as concentration camps for political dissidents, such as occurred in Nazi Germany."

In the 1960's, William F. Buckley denounced the John Birch Society leadership for being "so far removed from common sense" and later said "We cannot allow the emblem of irresponsibility to attach to the conservative banner."

The Birthers are the Birchers of our time, and WorldNetDaily is their pamphlet. The Right has mostly ignored these embarrassing people and organizations, but some people and organizations inexplicably choose to support WND through advertising and email list rental or other collaboration. For instance, I have been told that F.I.R.E (The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education) - an otherwise respectable group that does important work - uses the WND email list. They should stop. [SEE UPDATE II]

No respectable organization should support the kind of fringe idiocy that WND peddles. Those who do are not respectable.

He also demanded that "true liberals" denounce such figures as Van Jones and all 9-11 Truthers, stating that both parties were being overly influenced by radicals within.

Let's start with you....

There are always so called "wing-nuts" and in both parties. The problem is from our MSM which focuses exclusively on wing-nuts of the right, and ignores the wing-nuts of the left. Once again, the problem is with our media, its focus and lack of focus, which causes to some degree, a confusion in the citizenry. Fora like this one help, or should, where people can see the diversity of conservative thought, and the monotony of liberal thought.

It's sad that liberalism, a noble calling, is so handicapped by our media, so as to cause it to be almost delusional and dysfunctional.

Last edited:
There are always so called "wing-nuts" and in both parties. The problem is from our MSM which focuses exclusively on wing-nuts of the right, and ignores the wing-nuts of the left. Once again, the problem is with our media, its focus and lack of focus, which causes to some degree, a confusion in the citizenry. Fora like this one help, or should, where people can see the diversity of conservative thought, and the monotony of liberal thought.

It's sad that liberalism, a noble calling, is so handicapped by our media, so as to cause it to be almost delusional and dysfunctional.

I disagree... I think the media loves all the wingnuts because they are more colorful. It's kind of bland and whitebread for them to say: "this normal intelligent person said A and this normal and intelligent person disagreed in a civil manner and said B". I also think the din is multiplied tenfold by the wackos screaming over the internet... and over the airwaves.

there is no monotony of liberal thought. in assessing the democratic party, at least, you should always keep in mind the phrase "i don't belong to any organized political party. i'm a democrat".

disagree... I think the media loves all the wingnuts because they are more colorful. It's kind of bland and whitebread for them to say: "this normal intelligent person said A and this normal and intelligent person disagreed in a civil manner and said B". I also think the din is multiplied tenfold by the wackos screaming over the internet... and over the airwaves.
Agreed - apparently inflaming people gets better ratings than informing people.

I wish there was some credible conservative input at this point. I think the lack of it right now hurts our country.

But does it hurt as much as Palin's Facebook posting are hurting the chances of Obama's Eugenicists getting control of the US Health Care system?

disagree... I think the media loves all the wingnuts because they are more colorful. It's kind of bland and whitebread for them to say: "this normal intelligent person said A and this normal and intelligent person disagreed in a civil manner and said B". I also think the din is multiplied tenfold by the wackos screaming over the internet... and over the airwaves.
Agreed - apparently inflaming people gets better ratings than informing people.

yep. that's why when people talk about the "liberal media" I laugh... it's about
"corporate media" and what sells...

but if you look at post 17, two above mine... prime example of useless din.

Yeah, maybe the author of post #19 can tell the class how and why Obama is rewriting his big pack of lies and sob stories for tonight (aka: Health Care Speech to Congress) to take Palin's Op-ed into account.

Forum List

Back