The Next Mercenary Gold Rush: Sub Saharan Africa & Erik Prince

Discussion in 'Africa' started by longknife, Nov 26, 2012.

1. longknife

longknife Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,536
    Looking for a job? Want to use your military training? Check out Sub Saharan Africa & Mercenary Erik Prince | SOFREP for other links.

:cool:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. LAfrique

LAfrique VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69

Very funny (though true)! It is only a matter of time before NATO members pitch their tents in preparation for further plundering in Africa, as usual.

3. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,865
    Granny says, "Dat's right - we gonna hunt `em down an' drag `em outta dey hidy holes...
    :clap2:
    Panetta: US Will Work With Africans to Fight al-Qaida
    January 19, 2013 — U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta says the United States will continue to work with Algeria and other African countries to fight terrorists. The secretary spoke in London after Algerian troops had launched a second attack against gunmen holding hostages at a natural gas facility, resulting in additional deaths.
    See also:

France Calls on African Forces to Take Lead in Mali
    January 19, 2013 — France’s foreign minister has called on African forces to take the lead in the military campaign against Islamist rebels occupying northern Mali. But a highly anticipated meeting Saturday in the Ivorian capitol, Abidjan, featuring heads of state from the West African regional body ECOWAS ended without any major announcements about the African deployment.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  4. emptystep

emptystep VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +221
    The corporation colonization of the African continent is coming.

If there is sufficient regulation it could be a win/win for everyone. If not it will look like another America.

5. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    The European Union and the U.S. will continue to support N. African pro western puppet dictators with weapons, money, and mercenary training.

In order to have cheap access to the regions natural resources.

While the average citizen lives in abject poverty.

Blatant colonialism continues unabated......... :cool:

6. emptystep

emptystep VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +221
    You'll never guess who is picking up the tab. (Came across this while researching the DCR thread but never included it.)

Contractors to the Congo / ISN
    1 December 2011
    Contractors to the Congo

Wins AFRICAP Training Task Order | DynCorp International

7. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,865
    An indepth look at Mali...
    :eusa_eh:
    Is Mali the next Afghanistan?
    January 20, 2013 WASHINGTON — The war rages about cities with names such as Goa and Timbuktu, in a sparsely populated, mostly flat, dusty and landlocked country in northwest Africa.

8. emptystep

emptystep VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +221
    I think the fundamental difference between Iraq/Afghanistan and many of these struggling countries is the existence of a legitimate government, even if it is hanging on by a thread. I believe we do have a viable mission in Africa. I believe that we should have boots on the ground. Partly because from all I have heard the UN Security force is ineffective at the best. I also believe it should be the model of how we trained the 391st. I don't believe we can go in there and think we are going to turn the situation around in a day. Given the examples of Vietnam and Iraq/Afghanistan I would say we are have not learned our lesson and I doubt we ever will. When I refer to those previous wars, and all the CIA puppet governments before, during, and after, I don't mean the experiences of the soldiers but the attitudes of the people who got us in there.

One example of a need to understand the situation and that things might not be black and white on the ground is the example of the M23 in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. This group is a violent and ruthless organization whose aim is to overthrow the government. They are not a terrorist organization however and their grievance is with their own government. Basically it is a mutiny and they fight like they know how. They fight because they believe they were cheated out of power during the last election. Going in to simply wipe out this group is not a wise course of action.

The drums of war are being beaten however. The four horsemen are restless. Such an example is an article which came out in the Boston Herald today.

U.S. policy makes mess of Mali | Boston Herald

9. Votto

Votto Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,836
    Gaddafi had to go. He simply would not play ball the way they wanted him to play.