The next "Big Boom" today?

As I recall there were some who thought that the first atomic bomb would "ignite the atmosphere" and were therefore opposed to it.

Maybe the black hole that they create will be small enough just to scrunch up Switzerland and France, and stop there. I could deal with that. :D

I'm not worried about black holes that are less massive than me. I figure so long as my gravity is stronger than its, I can deal.

Holes in spacetime are freaky conceptually, but in person a hole too small to get your foot stuck in isn't all that intimidating.

As I recall there were some who thought that the first atomic bomb would "ignite the atmosphere" and were therefore opposed to it.

Maybe the black hole that they create will be small enough just to scrunch up Switzerland and France, and stop there. I could deal with that. :D

remember when people were afraid of internal combustion engines because gas is flammable?

I'm still curious, who the smarty was that said, "lets explode this hydrogen bomb over the ocean for shits and giggles" Maybe they didnt phrase it quite like that, but christ man.. theres a lotta hydrogen in that there ocean...

I'm not worried about black holes that are less massive than me. I figure so long as my gravity is stronger than its, I can deal.

Holes in spacetime are freaky conceptually, but in person a hole too small to get your foot stuck in isn't all that intimidating.

Technically, a one-atom size black hole would suck in everything around it and just keep growing until it consumed the entire earth, moon, then solar system. My guess is the earth would collapse in a matter of seconds. :eusa_whistle:

Hey, Cocknailed.......can we REALLY believe what you say? Especially after all your other posts which show you to be a brain dead lowborn Polish gutter slut who is also a colon jousting cum gurgler.

I don't think that it would create a sustainable black hole, it would collapse under it's own gravity after approx. a second or so.

Oh well. It is now 1:37 AM Wednesday, September 10, 2008 somewhere between France and where ever they were gonna do this. I think we are safe now? Maybe not ... they might get lost in the dark and mess up anyway. :shock: :lol:

Hey, Cocknailed.......can we REALLY believe what you say? Especially after all your other posts which show you to be a brain dead lowborn Polish gutter slut who is also a colon jousting cum gurgler.

I don't think that it would create a sustainable black hole, it would collapse under it's own gravity after approx. a second or so.
What's wrong with being Polish?

How could a black hole collapse? It would simply get more dense. In the presence of matter it would continue to collect it and grow.

I dont see why people are still attacking the CERN scientists. 10 billion dollars and millions of hours of research vs. a made up rumor about sustained black holes? This is so stupid. First of all, anyone who knows anything about physics knows that it is silly to think that LHC will create anything lasting longer than a few nano-seconds. Second, idiots who think that LHC is equivalent to a super nova??!?! Are you kidding me? A super nova is the largest event in creation, no amount of humans will ever create enough energy to equal even 1% of the energy of a super nova. Cosmic rays constantly pound the earth every day with even high energys than created in the LHC. Third, LHC is recreating events at the big bang, not the actual big bang. To create a black hole you need an infinite amount of energy and mass packed into an infinitely small space, trust me LHC can NOT do that. We cant even accelerate anything to the speed of light yet, but we can create black holes? I think its so funny how many people actually take these rumors seriously.

"The report, 'Review of the Safety of LHC Collisions', published in IOP Publishing's Journal of Physics G: Nuclear and Particle Physics, proves that if particle collisions at the LHC had the power to destroy the Earth, we would never have been given the chance to exist, because regular interactions with more energetic cosmic rays would already have destroyed the Earth or other astronomical bodies."

Above, peer reviewed publication on LHC and its effects on the earth, basically stating that it is silly to feed into this rumor.So, despite the fact that scientists tried to punch holes in this article and disprove it, they published it. Peer reviewed work is the most highly accepted and respected/tested work on the planet.

Last edited:
Ya sure that the big bang wasn't preceeded by some screwball scientists messing with a really big collider?

Ya sure that the big bang wasn't preceeded by some screwball scientists messing with a really big collider?

You bring up an interesting point. Maybe the big bang was done up by some super-scientists on another planet who'd been messing with a really big collider (probably at earth orbit size), and they dropped a decimal somewhere, resulting in a malfunction, which ripped everything apart in the (then) Universe, and we are the result.

Hmmmmm......gonna have to think about that one.

BTW Cocknailed, there isn't enough mass in one atom to keep up a sustainable black hole, which is why I'm not really worried.

Actually, black holes have no color because their gravitational field is so strong that even light is unable to escape. As far as the hole? Well....that's really kind of a misnomer also, because there IS matter at the center, it's just that it is so dense that it appears to not be there.

Boom yourself dude.

You bring up an interesting point. Maybe the big bang was done up by some super-scientists on another planet who'd been messing with a really big collider (probably at earth orbit size), and they dropped a decimal somewhere, resulting in a malfunction, which ripped everything apart in the (then) Universe, and we are the result.

Hmmmmm......gonna have to think about that one.

BTW Cocknailed, there isn't enough mass in one atom to keep up a sustainable black hole, which is why I'm not really worried.

I said one atom sized. Do you know what a black hole is? I'll give you a clue: its not an African whore.

Anyone ever see the movie "The Myst"??? Get ready for the fog people. What purpose does it serve to spend money on this kind of crap. I mean seriously...Spend money to fight cancer or spend money to create a black hole creator...hmmmm...what to do ...what to do.. This is alll Bush's fault.

Forum List

Back