The next Batman... Robert Pattinson... uhhh

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
... So... he is listed as 6' 1" and 167 lbs.
Probably more like 6' even and 155 lbs.
The guy is skinny. Even scrawny.
And kind of metro girly boy.
In comparison:
Christian Bale - 6' and when playing batman 185 lbs.
Val Kilmer - 6' 205 lbs
Ben Affleck - 6; 4" 216 lbs.

How is a 155-160 weak little girl boy going to play a bad ass batman??
Keaton was the smallest, but Keaton is a better actor and not effeminate.
I don't get this choice.
If you are going to pick a small guy why not Shai Labeouf? Like Bale a method actor with a solid ability to be a bad ass.

Last edited:
I notice you left out what i thought was the worst casting choice in comicbook history which was one of many reasons i hated the Tim Burton films so much. Michael Keaton as Batman was an insult to true Batman fans.:mad:
To his credit,he did a much better acting job with the role than I ever thought he would but he was sooo wrong for the role.

short,scrawney,skinny, 5'8" receding hairline michael keaton for tall,muscular,handsome,full set of hair Bruce Wayne. that was a total joke. Tim Burton should never have been allowed near a Batman movie.He did not care about making the best casting choice possible like the director for the superman christopher reeve movies did,he only cast Keaton cause he was friends with him and felt comfortable working with him having previously worked with him before.:mad:

I see fanboys saying keaton was so much great better than Kilmer all the time,please Kilmer at least ;LOOKED the part having all the traits i mentioned.:rolleyes:

I notice you left out what i thought was the worst casting choice in comicbook history which was one of many reasons i hated the Tim Burton films so much. Michael Keaton as Batman was an insult to true Batman fans.:mad:
To his credit,he did a much better acting job with the role than I ever thought he would but he was sooo wrong for the role.

short,scrawney,skinny, 5'8" receding hairline michael keaton for tall,muscular,handsome,full set of hair Bruce Wayne. that was a total joke. Tim Burton should never have been allowed near a Batman movie.He did not care about making the best casting choice possible like the director for the superman christopher reeve movies did,he only cast Keaton cause he was friends with him and felt comfortable working with him having previously worked with him before.:mad:

I see fanboys saying keaton was so much great better than Kilmer all the time,please Kilmer at least ;LOOKED the part having all the traits i mentioned.:rolleyes:
I didn't like Keaton either. But at least he isn't a little teen idol tgirl.

In comparison:
Val Kilmer - 6' 205 lbs

I don't get this choice.
If you are going to pick a small guy why not Shai Labeouf? Like Bale a method actor with a solid ability to be a bad ass.

A big bulky bat man suit, will help give the illusion of some bulk. Especially if it is mostly stunt men doing the actions scenes.

Pattinson, could do a decent Bruce Wayne.

I have heard that they are NOT doing the origin story, so that is a plus...

I am trying to remain hopeful.

Michael Keaton was the best Batman

In comparison:
Val Kilmer - 6' 205 lbs

I don't get this choice.
I'm surprised in this age of body acceptance they don't the other way with Batman. Michael Moore perhaps.

when batman is standing with a group of men,you notice him because of his size......with michael keaton he kinda blended in with the crowd....just sayin.....but he did pull it off acting wise....i thought he did a pretty good job playing the duo....

when batman is standing with a group of men,you notice him because of his size......with michael keaton he kinda blended in with the crowd....just sayin.....but he did pull it off acting wise....i thought he did a pretty good job playing the duo....

It really makes sense that he should be a big guy. But then again, maybe he just has enormous brass knuckles made into the gloves of his costume.

It really makes sense that he should be a big guy. But then again, maybe he just has enormous brass knuckles made into the gloves of his costume.
well no matter what,keaton was a better batman than cloony......

So many bad choices. Why is it so hard for them?

I think the best Batman so far has been Ben Affleck.
He's the best one in the suit.
Christian Bale lost some of his mojo when his video came out of him and his abusive rant.

The only way they could redeem picking Pattison is if the film is R rated and extremely violent.

So many bad choices. Why is it so hard for them?
lots of times its because they feel you have to have a known actor in the lead role.....

He's the best one in the suit.
Christian Bale lost some of his mojo when his video came out of him and his abusive rant.

The only way they could redeem picking Pattison is if the film is R rated and extremely violent.
i agree ben fit the part pretty well......

In comparison:
Val Kilmer - 6' 205 lbs

I don't get this choice.
Batman is supposed to be the epitome of macho with a dark and brooding side. We have had an army of them. Perhaps because Batman does not talk that much Pattinson seems like the next one to the producers.

You are dead to me.

Ok, not completely dead. That does sound pretty good. But oh, my fucking god, BEN AFFLECK?

You are dead to me.

Ok, not completely dead. That does sound pretty good. But oh, my fucking god, BEN AFFLECK?
he was better than cloony.....

In comparison:
Val Kilmer - 6' 205 lbs

I don't get this choice.
Batman is supposed to be the epitome of macho with a dark and brooding side. We have had an army of them. Perhaps because Batman does not talk that much Pattinson seems like the next one to the producers.

But Bruce Wayne can hide the macho and the dark brooding, with a playboy cover.

You are dead to me.

I know this sounds strange....but Affleck carried Justice League...and Batman vs Superman.
But you have to admit....that most of the Batman actors have sucked pretty bad.
The only thing Bale gave us was "I'm Batman".

Last edited:

You are dead to me.

I know this sounds strange....but Affleck carried Justice League...and Batman vs Superman.
But you have to admit....that most of the Batman actors have sucked pretty bad.
The only thing Bale gave us was "I'm Batman".

I didn't even see either of those. From the clips I have seen, I will work the rest of my life to avoid seeing them.

I did see Wonder Woman. Surprisingly good. I am looking forward to the sequel.

Forum List

Back