The newspaper industry...

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
This is the BEST cartoon that describes thew newspaper industry... just PERFECT. Who the hell GIVES their content away for free like this? Stupid stupid stupid.

lnq090524.gif

Good cartoon. The newspapers could have been smarter, like instead of selling ad space only on print but also on *gasp* their websites like almost all online businesses do for money. Fact is, they are obsolete and their managers/CEOs/etc. did not adapt fast enough. Oh well, no big loss, they aren't much different than the TV news anyway.

And don't forget print media's all out assault on conservative America. Readership fell year after year after year because so many potential readers grew tired of the same repeated leftist tripe that passed for "news" time and again.

The scary thing is newspaper readership is UP UP UP wayyyyyy UP. The sunday paper hits more people than the superbowl... but somehow they're letting the advertising revenue dry up. Something is seriously wrong here.

The scary thing is newspaper readership is UP UP UP wayyyyyy UP. The sunday paper hits more people than the superbowl... but somehow they're letting the advertising revenue dry up. Something is seriously wrong here.

What area do you live? Here almost all the paper subscriptions are gone and most of those they distribute to machines and venders wind up as blankets.

What area do you live? Here almost all the paper subscriptions are gone and most of those they distribute to machines and venders wind up as blankets.

I live in upstate NY. I read the stat just in today's paper. Here's a link, Post-Standard leads country in Sunday readership - syracuse.com

Sunday paper hits 70% of the area population.

I live in upstate NY. I read the stat just in today's paper. Here's a link, Post-Standard leads country in Sunday readership - syracuse.com

Sunday paper hits 70% of the area population.

It was rhetoric. I thought Seattle was behind in tech ... seems NY needs a bit of a kick in the pants now more than us. We have on major paper in print left, the Seattle Times, and they are begging for a bailout instead of working to be smarter, like the Post Intelligencer. Even our rags (Stranger and Weekly) are more focused on their online versions. They sell web ad space, and make more on it. Net editions have a much lower cost to produce and reach more people, thus advertising is more valuable and brings in higher revenue. Since the change, the PI is doing well, but the Times is still failing.

And don't forget print media's all out assault on conservative America. Readership fell year after year after year because so many potential readers grew tired of the same repeated leftist tripe that passed for "news" time and again.

Yeah, though I think other factors are killing newspapers. The Internet is way up there. Also, people don't generally read or care about civics much these days. Nobody speaks English. And the old whites who were the subscriber base are dying off.

It is kind of ironic: for newspapers to survive, you kind of needed to have a more conservative society!

Want something REALLY ironic, I know someone who's an environut but thinks it's a crime to go all digital! LOL

Computer chips are a hazard to the environment, but then so again, so is living and breathing the air.

CorpWatch*:*The Environmental Cost of Computer Chips

Aah ... but they whine about deforestation as well ... the reason I don't like environuts, they don't care about anything but endorsing their pet companies so they have to find something wrong with everything else.

Want something REALLY ironic, I know someone who's an environut but thinks it's a crime to go all digital! LOL

What's really ironic about that? Most Lefty nuts are completely full of shit and hypocritical. What you're describing is like everyday, not some cosmic event.

Forum List

Back