The News on the Lighter Side

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
Was reading this morning that Lindsay Lohan was arrested again and has been ordered to wear an alcohol-monitoring ankle bracelet. Our local pundit observed that if we cared as much about monitoring Iran's nuclear program as we did Lindsay Lohan's sobriety, Israel could save a bunch of money maintaining its air force.

Also, did you see that New York City will host the NFL Super Bowl in four years? There will be so much security at the stadium that the Justice Dept. will be able to hold terrorist trials at halftime.

Was reading this morning that Lindsay Lohan was arrested again and has been ordered to wear an alcohol-monitoring ankle bracelet. Our local pundit observed that if we cared as much about monitoring Iran's nuclear program as we did Lindsay Lohan's sobriety, Israel could save a bunch of money maintaining its air force.

Agreed! Unfortunately we are an Entertainment driven society. The common man is more concerned about their Amer. Idol, Sports Star, or Actor than they do about world events.

Also, did you see that New York City will host the NFL Super Bowl in four years? There will be so much security at the stadium that the Justice Dept. will be able to hold terrorist trials at halftime.

:rofl:

It does seem like the world is skewed these days. In our local paper, they list the DWI convictions every week or so, and there are invariably those who got their 10th, 15th, 20th DWI conviction. How is that possible? I don't feel safer to read that somebody was picked up for the 20th time.

On the other hand, I couldn't see how it made me or my world safer for Martha Stewart to go to prison for six months.

A warning to students -- if you're going to pull a senior prank, don't post it on YouTube.

Jerseyville IL--Police in southwestern Illinois report busting three teens charged with defacing their school after the kids posted the evidence on Youtube. Just hours after they graduated, the teens chalked-up windows and trophy cases, put cling warp on the stairs and tossed around toilet paper rolls at Jersey Community High. In addition to the YouTube video, police say they have security video from the school and from the Walmart where they bought supplies for the prank.

I would think the worst embarassment for the school is graduating kids that dumb. :)

Jay Leno: We are entering a new chapter in the American economy. I believe it's Chapter 11.

Since no one seems overly concerned about putting a racist on the Supreme Court — provided it is a politically correct racist — the moral of the story seems to be that if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, that doesn't matter if it coos like a dove at Senate confirmation hearings.. . . .

. . . . What did we learn from the "beer summit" on the White House lawn, except that Vice President Joe Biden doesn't drink alcoholic beverages? Considering the many gaffes that the vice president has made while cold sober, the thought of an intoxicated Joe Biden boggles the mind.--Thomas Sowell (September 2009)

Most of the Hollywood types don't give us, the 'little guy/gal' a 2nd thought, other than to smile for the camera and take money from the movie goers of which I am NOT, so I am returning the favor. Besides, most of us actually live on a tight budget, in a modest 5000 sq foot home with a lousy 4 car garage, pool, sauna, tennis court and 1/4 mile racing oval for our horses. This is America, we all live like this :D

Most of the Hollywood types don't give us, the 'little guy/gal' a 2nd thought, other than to smile for the camera and take money from the movie goers of which I am NOT, so I am returning the favor. Besides, most of us actually live on a tight budget, in a modest 5000 sq foot home with a lousy 4 car garage, pool, sauna, tennis court and 1/4 mile racing oval for our horses. This is America, we all live like this :D

:lol:

Well I didn't think Martha Stewart should go to prison and I do think repeat DWI offenders, even really famous ones, should go to jail or at least be confined or restricted sufficiently to make it really difficult for them to endanger others on the streets and highways.

So I guess I am ambiguous?

Forum List

Back