The News Media And Nick Berg

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
An interesting READ on how the media reacted to the slaughter of Nick Berg.....

From the article:

Finally, Nick Berg was slaughtered, not beheaded. The world's news media distorted the nature of the savagery inflicted by Islamic "militants" on a young American man who went to Iraq to help Muslims. While he was indeed literally beheaded, that word does not accurately convey what was done to him. Nick Berg was slaughtered in the way an animal is. People who are beheaded have their heads chopped off. Nick Berg's head was cut off. This huge difference was completely missed by the media. Why? Because "slaughter" implies moral judgment, while "beheading" does not. Just as "terrorist" implies moral judgment, and therefore "militant" is preferred. The media's attempt to be morally neutral frequently leads to distortions of fact.

The exact words used by the terrorist were, "we slaughter".

to-may-to, to-mah-to

But yeah, man I watched them saw his fucking head of for like 2 minutes.

Beheading really doesn't depict the absolute horror.

I don't think I can even talk about this anymore. So if I don't respond, you know why.:(

TY potman--- It definately puts it in a more accurate perception. It WAS a slaughter and beheading implies legal corporal punishment for criminal activity in some cultures. He committed no crime

Originally posted by nycflasher
to-may-to, to-mah-to

But yeah, man I watched them saw his fucking head of for like 2 minutes.

Beheading really doesn't depict the absolute horror.

I don't think I can even talk about this anymore. So if I don't respond, you know why.:(

That is the point of the article. He wasn't just "beheaded" he was "slaughtered" like a pig!

Read into this, the Muslims did not view him as human as he was not a "believer" of Islam.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
Read into this, the Muslims did not view him as human as he was not a "believer" of Islam.

Um, I don't read much into anything these TERRORISTS say/do. Unless said info can be used to capture them. They're sick fucks begging for their own deaths, which hopefully will come soon or at least captivity.

More from those of the 'religion of Peace' via Little Green Footballs:

Whether President Bush is right and the assassin and speaker is al-Qaida ally Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, Joel Cohen, with a master’s degree in Semitic languages from Princeton University and a student of the Quran at the University of Chicago, translated and analyzed the speech delivered following the killing — explaining it is a call for similar acts of slaughter against infidels. The grisly film included a statement, signed off with Zarqawi’s name.

The CIA last week said Zarqawi was probably the one who beheaded Berg.

“The author of the text makes reference to the ‘patience’ of slaughtering,” Cohen tells G2 Bulletin, the premium, online intelligence newsletter published by the founder of WorldNetDaily. “Nick Berg is just an example.”

While parts of the video of the gruesome murder of the American radio tower contractor have been broadcast internationally, strangely the Arabic message accompanying it has not been scrutinized by the Western media. While many have heard Berg introduce himself and his family, fewer have heard the longer, Arabic-language message from the killers.

Cohen points out that, surprisingly, the message has little to do with Berg.

“The author goes at great pains to convince the Ummah (the body of Muslim believers) that the time for negotiations with unbelievers is over,” explains Cohen, who adds the address was carefully crafted rather than delivered impromptu.

He believes the author of the text is an imam or scholar or someone who studied in a maddrassa.

“Are you not fed up with the jihad of the conferences and the battles of giving sermons?” the speaker said. “Has the time not come for you to lift the sword with which the master of the messengers was sent?”

Cohen believes this reference to Islamic conferences is ridiculing the notion that holy war can be waged with sermons and teachings alone.

“He uses this as a pun,” suggests Cohen. “Jihad is supposed to be for the purpose of killing the non-believers and the scholars are using it simply to kill their own ideas. The battles of giving sermons is another pun: The scholars are putting the battle in words when it needs to be in real life in their hands.”

Cohen continues: “This is a full call to arms: Lift the sword. The ‘master of the messengers’ refers to Allah, that is, in the writers mind all the messengers of the past were given the ability to fight the non believers and so to the Ummah has it today.”

“And we hope, that you will not place yourself in a dilemma (after seeing) what we will do, as you usually do to please the American,” continues the Arabic speaker in the tape..

Cohen believes he is clearly offering direction about the way of jihad today — through the example of beheading Berg.

Originally posted by nycflasher
Um, I don't read much into anything these TERRORISTS say/do. Unless said info can be used to capture them. They're sick fucks begging for their own deaths, which hopefully will come soon or at least captivity.

In The Dhimmi Bat Ye’or writes (page 45):

The jihad is a global conception that divides the peoples of the world into two irreconcilable camps: that of the dar al-Harb, the “Territory of War,” which covers those regions controlled by the infidels; and the dar al-Islam, “the Territory of Islam,” the Muslim homeland where Islamic law reigns. The jihad is the normal and permanent state of war between the Muslims and the dar al-Harb, a war that can only end with the final domination over unbelievers and the absolute supremacy of Islam throughout the world.

In The Dhimmi Bat Ye’or writes (page 45):

The jihad is a global conception that divides the peoples of the world into two irreconcilable camps: that of the dar al-Harb, the “Territory of War,” which covers those regions controlled by the infidels; and the dar al-Islam, “the Territory of Islam,” the Muslim homeland where Islamic law reigns. The jihad is the normal and permanent state of war between the Muslims and the dar al-Harb, a war that can only end with the final domination over unbelievers and the absolute supremacy of Islam throughout the world.

And?

You can't kill or capture the entire Muslim community.

We can sure give it the old college try though. Might be fun to see how far we can go. I'm thinking that the US is pretty dedicated and up to the task.

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
We can sure give it the old college try though. Might be fun to see how far we can go. I'm thinking that the US is pretty dedicated and up to the task.

You are a misguided bunch. The war is on terrorism not Islam.

And apparently their tactics are so effective that they have YOU thinking that Islam is what we are up against.

For the terrorists, it is a religious war.

For us it is(or should be) about justice, self-preservation and human rights.

Justice for all Americans killed worldwide by these fucks.
Self-preservation of the American way of life.
And the human rights of millions of Iraqis.

Oh yeah, and oil.:p:

Forum List

Back