The News Is Unwatchable

I disagree as there is no need to beat y=up on your favorite foe and Mud and I rarely agree anyway. LOL

Australia did something.

Dear America. Gun Control Works. Please, Please Do It. Love, Australia.
Dear America: Gun Control Works. Please, Please Do It. Love, Australia.

"The current Australian gun laws were passed after 35 were killed and 23 wounded in a 1996 mass shooting in Port Arthur, Tasmania. The shooter was able to buy his assault rifle, even though later he was later determined by authorities to have an IQ of 11. There hasn't been a mass shooting in Australia since then." Article not found - WOW.com

"In 1991, Warren E. Burger, the conservative chief justice of the Supreme Court, was interviewed on the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour about the meaning of the Second Amendment's "right to keep and bear arms." Burger answered that the Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud--I repeat the word 'fraud'--on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In a speech in 1992, Burger declared that "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. "In his view, the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state."

Guns kill 1,300 US children every year, study finds

Guns kill 1,300 US children every year

A day in America

"3 adults, 1 child found shot to death inside Alaska hotel room
Police: Man shot dead while trying to stop man from beating woman
3 shot while hanging Christmas lights amid fight with driver
Good Samaritan fatally shot outside Northwest Side Walmart
Accused Charleston church shooter Dylann Roof competent to stand trial"

You are not going to win any argument about guns etc with facts and reason for beliefs are not based on facts and reason they are based on emotion.

Guns make Americans look like crack users.

This guy annoys the piss out of me.

After my first brain surgery, I complained to the psychiatrist that I felt I was suffering from a cognitive deficit, so they assigned me to the local University at the psychology department every weekend, for four weekends, for extensive testing. (None of that silly internet ego stroking IQ testing, the real deal stuff.) It came out after my intelligence testing, that it was on the bell curve some where on different tests between 95 to 98 percentile depending on the test. So they told me, if I was suffering, I still had nothing to complain about. It comforted me little. IOW, finding out one can run faster than everyone else is little comfort if you knew you had once been able to fly.

Folks that measure high on these tests generally can recognize others that are brilliant, and this cat IS brilliant, I've watched several of his videos, so what bothers me, is he should know that presentation to those who aren't as brilliant, for them, image is everything. (Though for us, it is generally nothing.) If he wants to make videos and be taken seriously, he needs to clean himself up and wear some decent threads.

quote-clothes-make-the-man-naked-people-have-little-or-no-influence-on-society-mark-twain-29-86-20.jpg

And odds are, 10 to 1, he's probably too smart to even own a gun as he already knows that Google and the NSA already know 95% of everyone who own them based on ammo purchases. If he is publishing info like this, I doubt he wants them knocking on his door.

You mean lame stream TV "news" was even tolerable in the last 2 decades?

Not sure how they could have gotten worse after the 2000 election.

News is entertainment. It has to be popular to enough people for it to make money. That's what it is.

So the media essentially has become a rumor mill......

Blog: Media strategy, 2017: 'When did you stop beating your wife?'
October 5, 2017
Media strategy, 2017: 'When did you stop beating your wife?'
By Bob Weir
In the ongoing war between the Trump administration and the left-wing media, the American people are witnessing an unprecedented power struggle between someone they voted for because they want to make America great again and a cartel committed to keeping that from happening.

We need an independent press that has no ties to a political party. That was what the Founding Fathers intended, but it's not what we have today. Instead, we have a news syndicate infecting our country with an odious doctrine the way a prostitute infects her "customers."

Ever creative in their malevolent pursuit of dirt, these muckrakers make productive use of rumors. Like gossip-mongers, leaning against the backyard fence and trashing their neighbors, they'll conjure up a scenario and foist it upon a susceptible audience. Using "confidential sources" as their cover, they'll ask, "Is it true what some inside the administration are saying the president has not disavowed support from former KKK member David Duke?" What you have to understand is that it doesn't matter how many times the Klan member has been denounced by Trump. What matters is that the fake news media get another chance to make the assertion, thereby implanting the suggestion over and over until it is perceived as true.

Here's another example of the contemptible tactics of the liberal media: during a recent press briefing, secretary of state Rex Tillerson was asked if he had called President Trump a moron. He said he refuses to answer petty questions like that because they serves only to divide the country. Minutes later, the headlines in the left-wing media proclaimed: Tillerson refuses to deny that he called Trump a moron. By putting it this way, the media have achieved another bite of their rotten apple, because people have heard the statement again. This is why Trump refers to them as fake news!

First, they start a rumor by saying it was "overheard" by someone on the president's staff. When asked who said it, they claim it's a confidential source, which allows them to make up any story with impunity. Once the rumor gets aired, they know that it will be absorbed by the public, causing concern and doubt about the stability of the administration. When a dignified man like Tillerson rejects the question as too petty to warrant a response, they can say he "refused" to deny the charge. But Tillerson is smart enough to know that he's being baited into a controversy that doesn't exist.

It's a tactic so old, it has hair on it! You ask a question that assumes a fact, as you put the person on the defensive trying to answer it. "When did you stop beating your wife?" Anything you say after that is merely perpetuating an image of something that never occurred in the first place.

What I'd like to see is a new way of dealing with these false stories. To wit: reporter: "It's been overheard among the president's staff that so-and-so said blah, blah, blah." Response: "Overheard by whom? Unless you can tell me who said what you're alleging, I view it as nothing but a rumor designed to divide the country. Next question!"

If the public were a bit better informed and a bit less self-absorbed, they'd be capable of separating the chaff from the wheat. What the hate-Trump media count on is a public that feeds on sound bites, which, if heard often enough, become facts they can impress their friends with at social gatherings. "Did you hear that President Trump is planning to end the food stamp program and let millions of poor people starve?" "Really? Where did you hear that?" "It was on CNN a few minutes ago. A reporter said it was overheard by a guy who knows a guy who works with a guy who has a cousin who works in the White House cafeteria." Hmmm...how can you question such a clearly defined fact?
So the Fox News model
I saw examples of it on Fox.
But then again every latenight talkshow repeated the lie as if it was fact.
So Fox is propaganda. Almost everyone knows that now.
Wow!
You're really smart.
This is something most of us noticed last year.
Fact: Journalists try to get noticed with their stories and conservatives are treated like pariahs in media circles.

Fact: Fox currently employs former CNN news journalists.

Fact: Fox ownership has transferred over to people who are from the UK and have liberal leanings.

Fact: Best way to gain recognition and lucrative employment these days is by trashing the Trump Administration.

I disagree as there is no need to beat y=up on your favorite foe and Mud and I rarely agree anyway. LOL

Australia did something.

"The current Australian gun laws were passed after 35 were killed and 23 wounded in a 1996 mass shooting in Port Arthur, Tasmania. The shooter was able to buy his assault rifle, even though later he was later determined by authorities to have an IQ of 11. There hasn't been a mass shooting in Australia since then." Article not found - WOW.com

"In 1991, Warren E. Burger, the conservative chief justice of the Supreme Court, was interviewed on the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour about the meaning of the Second Amendment's "right to keep and bear arms." Burger answered that the Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud--I repeat the word 'fraud'--on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In a speech in 1992, Burger declared that "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. "In his view, the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state."

A day in America

You are not going to win any argument about guns etc with facts and reason for beliefs are not based on facts and reason they are based on emotion.

After my first brain surgery, I complained to the psychiatrist that I felt I was suffering from a cognitive deficit, so they assigned me to the local University at the psychology department every weekend, for four weekends, for extensive testing. (None of that silly internet ego stroking IQ testing, the real deal stuff.) It came out after my intelligence testing, that it was on the bell curve some where on different tests between 95 to 98 percentile depending on the test. So they told me, if I was suffering, I still had nothing to complain about. It comforted me little. IOW, finding out one can run faster than everyone else is little comfort if you knew you had once been able to fly.

Folks that measure high on these tests generally can recognize others that are brilliant, and this cat IS brilliant, I've watched several of his videos, so what bothers me, is he should know that presentation to those who aren't as brilliant, for them, image is everything. (Though for us, it is generally nothing.) If he wants to make videos and be taken seriously, he needs to clean himself up and wear some decent threads.

quote-clothes-make-the-man-naked-people-have-little-or-no-influence-on-society-mark-twain-29-86-20.jpg

And odds are, 10 to 1, he's probably too smart to even own a gun as he already knows that Google and the NSA already know 95% of everyone who own them based on ammo purchases. If he is publishing info like this, I doubt he wants them knocking on his door.

He does this from what appears to be his home and I doubt he gives a shit about his appearance. Nevermind the subconscious idea that he looks like he should be Antifa but talks like a rational human being.

My suggestion is listen to what he says and forget about what he looks like. I'm sure no matter what he looked like someone would find fault with it.

One can expect several days of coverage in the aftermath of the Las Vegas shooting from our bloodthirsty media.
They totally dropped Puerto Rico and now they're giving us wall-to-wall coverage of every angle, every facet, every single detail of the sick act of a crazed individual.
I wonder if this will give copycats ideas.
I have no intention of watching this shit.

Somebody let me know when it's over.
Thank you, thank you, thank you....its getting ridiculous....I get the cops wanting to get their hero stories out, I get the people wanting to get their hero stories out.....but com'on, this shit is getting pathetic. I'm not hating here, but the guy killed himself, not the cops, not some NRA lunatic, he committed suicide, so I don't get the hero shit in any of this. I just see cops doing their jobs, and human nature of wanting to help others end of story!!

Australia did something.

A day in America

He does this from what appears to be his home and I doubt he gives a shit about his appearance. Nevermind the subconscious idea that he looks like he should be Antifa but talks like a rational human being.

My suggestion is listen to what he says and forget about what he looks like. I'm sure no matter what he looked like someone would find fault with it.

While I agree with you, the folks that need to take what he says seriously, won't, just b/c of the way he presents himself.

News is entertainment. It has to be popular to enough people for it to make money. That's what it is.

So the media essentially has become a rumor mill......

Blog: Media strategy, 2017: 'When did you stop beating your wife?'
October 5, 2017
Media strategy, 2017: 'When did you stop beating your wife?'
By Bob Weir
In the ongoing war between the Trump administration and the left-wing media, the American people are witnessing an unprecedented power struggle between someone they voted for because they want to make America great again and a cartel committed to keeping that from happening.

We need an independent press that has no ties to a political party. That was what the Founding Fathers intended, but it's not what we have today. Instead, we have a news syndicate infecting our country with an odious doctrine the way a prostitute infects her "customers."

Ever creative in their malevolent pursuit of dirt, these muckrakers make productive use of rumors. Like gossip-mongers, leaning against the backyard fence and trashing their neighbors, they'll conjure up a scenario and foist it upon a susceptible audience. Using "confidential sources" as their cover, they'll ask, "Is it true what some inside the administration are saying the president has not disavowed support from former KKK member David Duke?" What you have to understand is that it doesn't matter how many times the Klan member has been denounced by Trump. What matters is that the fake news media get another chance to make the assertion, thereby implanting the suggestion over and over until it is perceived as true.

Here's another example of the contemptible tactics of the liberal media: during a recent press briefing, secretary of state Rex Tillerson was asked if he had called President Trump a moron. He said he refuses to answer petty questions like that because they serves only to divide the country. Minutes later, the headlines in the left-wing media proclaimed: Tillerson refuses to deny that he called Trump a moron. By putting it this way, the media have achieved another bite of their rotten apple, because people have heard the statement again. This is why Trump refers to them as fake news!

First, they start a rumor by saying it was "overheard" by someone on the president's staff. When asked who said it, they claim it's a confidential source, which allows them to make up any story with impunity. Once the rumor gets aired, they know that it will be absorbed by the public, causing concern and doubt about the stability of the administration. When a dignified man like Tillerson rejects the question as too petty to warrant a response, they can say he "refused" to deny the charge. But Tillerson is smart enough to know that he's being baited into a controversy that doesn't exist.

It's a tactic so old, it has hair on it! You ask a question that assumes a fact, as you put the person on the defensive trying to answer it. "When did you stop beating your wife?" Anything you say after that is merely perpetuating an image of something that never occurred in the first place.

What I'd like to see is a new way of dealing with these false stories. To wit: reporter: "It's been overheard among the president's staff that so-and-so said blah, blah, blah." Response: "Overheard by whom? Unless you can tell me who said what you're alleging, I view it as nothing but a rumor designed to divide the country. Next question!"

If the public were a bit better informed and a bit less self-absorbed, they'd be capable of separating the chaff from the wheat. What the hate-Trump media count on is a public that feeds on sound bites, which, if heard often enough, become facts they can impress their friends with at social gatherings. "Did you hear that President Trump is planning to end the food stamp program and let millions of poor people starve?" "Really? Where did you hear that?" "It was on CNN a few minutes ago. A reporter said it was overheard by a guy who knows a guy who works with a guy who has a cousin who works in the White House cafeteria." Hmmm...how can you question such a clearly defined fact?
So the Fox News model
I saw examples of it on Fox.
But then again every latenight talkshow repeated the lie as if it was fact.
So Fox is propaganda. Almost everyone knows that now.
Wow!
You're really smart.
This is something most of us noticed last year.
Fact: Journalists try to get noticed with their stories and conservatives are treated like pariahs in media circles.

Fact: Fox currently employs former CNN news journalists.

Fact: Fox ownership has transferred over to people who are from the UK and have liberal leanings.

Fact: Best way to gain recognition and lucrative employment these days is by trashing the Trump Administration.
Neocons Leverage Trump-Hate for More Wars

Australia did something.

A day in America

While I agree with you, the folks that need to take what he says seriously, won't, just b/c of the way he presents himself.

His appearance gives him a sense of credibility. He doesn't look like a typical con but sounds sort of like one.
But, I think people will use any excuse not to listen if they don't agree. Purhaps they would believe him more if he had a foreign accent.

One can expect several days of coverage in the aftermath of the Las Vegas shooting from our bloodthirsty media.
They totally dropped Puerto Rico and now they're giving us wall-to-wall coverage of every angle, every facet, every single detail of the sick act of a crazed individual.
I wonder if this will give copycats ideas.
I have no intention of watching this shit.

Somebody let me know when it's over.

Watching the 'news' anymore just irritates or pisses me off. You're absolutely right.
And in all this 'coverage' of a single story they all race to put the 'facts' out there and none of them care if they are fact or not.

Forum List

Back