The New York Didis!!!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I hated the first exposure of Didi Gregorius when he first played for the Yankees.....

Boy! Was I wrong!!!!

"Red-hot Didi homers in 4th straight game
Shortstop ends night 3-for-3 with pair of walks"
Didi Gregorius homers in 4th straight game

544369.jpg

Pop Quiz!

In the history of professional baseball.....how many shortstops have 9 homers and 29 RBIs at this point in the season????????

C'mon......guess.

None!!!

Not one...ever.....no other shortstop has had 9 HRs and RBIs at this point in the season, in the vaunted history of professional baseball.

And....360 ba with 460 obp.

Who was that guy who played shortstop before him????

"Newsday | Roger Rubin: The modesty of Sir Didi Gregorius is just one of the many things that makes him so lovable. The nine dingers he’s hit in the month of April are another. As are the singles, the double, the walks, the league leading RBI total, and the dingers. Even after cutting through The Mist with his ninth home run, Sir Didi still insists that he’s not a home run hitter. Maybe he’s just hoping Kramer doesn’t promise a kid that Sir Didi will hit two home runs for him. At this point, I wouldn’t put it past Sir Didi to accomplish such a feat."
Around the Empire: Yankees news - 4/26/18

"Newsday | Roger Rubin: The modesty of Sir Didi Gregorius is just one of the many things that makes him so lovable. The nine dingers he’s hit in the month of April are another. As are the singles, the double, the walks, the league leading RBI total, and the dingers. Even after cutting through The Mist with his ninth home run, Sir Didi still insists that he’s not a home run hitter. Maybe he’s just hoping Kramer doesn’t promise a kid that Sir Didi will hit two home runs for him. At this point, I wouldn’t put it past Sir Didi to accomplish such a feat."

The Tigers were after him over the winter....offered our young stud RHer Michael Fulmer for Didi and a top-prospect pitcher...Yanks wouldn't bite.

p.s. I've HATED the Yanks since 1961.
eusa_angel.gif

The Tigers were after him over the winter....offered our young stud RHer Michael Fulmer for Didi and a top-prospect pitcher...Yanks wouldn't bite.

p.s. I've HATED the Yanks since 1961.
eusa_angel.gif

Hate to rub it in....but yesterday was one of those unbelievable finishes....

We were losing into the bottom of the 9th.....

"WATCH: Yankees' Gary Sanchez hits walk-off home run vs. Twins | Rapid reaction"
WATCH: Sanchez hits walk-off home run vs. Twins

"WATCH: Yankees' Gary Sanchez hits walk-off home run vs. Twins | Rapid reaction"

When the Yanks and Tigers went at it late last year, Sanchez (who'd stayed out of the melee) then raced in and punched Miguel Cabrera in the side of the head TWICE while he was being held down on the ground.....Sanchez is a world-class chickenshit. When they play each other again we'll see what happens if Sanchez gets on base and has to be within arm's reach of Cabrera at 1B. p.s. I have no problem with Yankee FANS but I hate that team.

When the Yanks and Tigers went at it late last year, Sanchez (who'd stayed out of the melee) then raced in and punched Miguel Cabrera in the side of the head TWICE while he was being held down on the ground.....Sanchez is a world-class chickenshit. When they play each other again we'll see what happens if Sanchez gets on base and has to be within arm's reach of Cabrera. p.s. I have no problem with Yankee FANS but I hate that team.

I saw that incident....and can't disagree with your description.....

I kinda look forward to your prediction....a hockey game breaking out! Yazzzzzah!!!!

....but there's no disputing his offensive ability.

:30
:

When the Yanks and Tigers went at it late last year, Sanchez (who'd stayed out of the melee) then raced in and punched Miguel Cabrera in the side of the head TWICE while he was being held down on the ground.....Sanchez is a world-class chickenshit. When they play each other again we'll see what happens if Sanchez gets on base and has to be within arm's reach of Cabrera at 1B. p.s. I have no problem with Yankee FANS but I hate that team.

BTW.....did you see the recent Yankee-Boston melee, where Aaron Judge pushed the entire Boston team back to their dugout????

Check it out at :30

Forum List

Back