The New Tea Party Party, Fringe or not?

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Above and beyond the rhetoric, on what do those who fancy themselves members of the tea party movement agree?

Open carry, I suppose; repeal of the 16th Amendment, too; distaste for everything liberal; lawyers, elected officials and the two dominant political parties.

What else? If you are a supporter of this movement, what planks would be part of the platform of such a party?

I don't see it as fringe, I see it as angry middle.

They have no love for Republicans either, and most of the angst is not targeted toward things as they are, but at the fact that Congress is ignoring what the people are saying they want.

Above and beyond the rhetoric, on what do those who fancy themselves members of the tea party movement agree?

Open carry, I suppose; repeal of the 16th Amendment, too; distaste for everything liberal; lawyers, elected officials and the two dominant political parties.

What else? If you are a supporter of this movement, what planks would be part of the platform of such a party?

Didn't you hear?

They support ZERO taxes. You can't argue with that can you?

tea-bag-fail-public.jpg

Last edited:
Id like to see the Senate once again be elected by the states as the Constitution was designed for. Restore the Republic.

If they are not beating liberals with bats in the streets, they are just a bunch of centrists.

Id like to see the Senate once again be elected by the states as the Constitution was designed for. Restore the Republic.
I would too. Maybe if we throw money at them, they'll think we care and do something along those lines.

What the Teabaggers are for........only one guy gets it

teabag-broom.jpg

I actually see one clueless individual and a bunch of centrists. After all, the liberal isn't bleeding yet so they much be centrists.

Because nothing says "centrist" like wearing a confederate flag shirt and saying abolish the entire federal government huh? :eusa_eh: :cuckoo:

I actually see one clueless individual and a bunch of centrists. After all, the liberal isn't bleeding yet so they much be centrists.

Because nothing says "centrist" like wearing a confederate flag shirt and saying abolish the entire federal government huh? :eusa_eh: :cuckoo:
So the cloth that they wear on their bodies is all it takes to determine ideology. :cuckoo:

I've known several extremist liberals who have worn confederate flag shirts.

Like I said. They aren't beating the shit out of the liberal, so they must be centrists.

One can always tell a liberal in a crowd. They're the ones with their hands in everyone else's pockets.

The confederate flag has many meanings. Which do you indentify with?

To me it has nothing to do with race and is about rebellion.

The tea party movement, like all other conservative movements for the past half-century, is essentially white resistance that won't be explicit about what it really wants:

Racial self-determination for whites.

It won't say that because it's taboo.

But that's what's at the heart of it.

I think it should be mentioned.

Never mind the Confederate flag. Put "white rights" on a sign, and you won't have a liberal prankster with a counter-sign. He'll be wetting his pants and sucking his thumb and begging his federal sharpshooters to go out there.

The tea party movement, like all other conservative movements for the past half-century, is essentially white resistance that won't be explicit about what it really wants:

Racial self-determination for whites.

It won't say that because it's taboo.

But that's what's at the heart of it.

I think it should be mentioned.

Never mind the Confederate flag. Put "white rights" on a sign, and you won't have a liberal prankster with a counter-sign. He'll be wetting his pants and sucking his thumb and begging his federal sharpshooters to go out there.

I find that rant complete BS, but everyone is entitled to an opinion.:cuckoo:

Why don't you attend a Tea Party yourself and find out, the ones I've been to have been attended by people from all over the political spectrum (including quite a few progressives (i.e. left wing "liberals")), however the most common beefs seemed to be (for the many people that I've met at Tea Parties).

1. Government spending
2. Government intrusion into the lives of the citizenry
3. Taxes

Of course everyone has there "pet" issues but those three things seem to be fairly uniform with of course the passion for those individual issues varying greatly from person to person. This is pretty much the norm for a "movement" that has no real centralized "leadership", lots of variance from place to place.

Why so many people choose to denigrate Tea Party Supporters out of hand makes no sense since the vast majority of them are just ordinary, hard working citizens that are exercising their rights to free speech, assembly and to petition their government for redress of their grievances - we all still support those individual liberties, right?

Forum List

Back