The New Star Trek movie? Just fucking awesome!

Voyager had its moments....but they dropped the ball on that one,it should have been the best trek ever.....in a different part of the galaxy,they could have had all sorts of new beings and phenomena to throw at us,but except for a few episodes they were pretty lax overall....once again rick berman....

That is correct but not all of what was wrong. Janeway was an awful character, and piss poor Captain. I really didn't like any of the characters. It was just terrible.
check this out......
After 50,000+ votes, you said the best Star Trek captain was...
Voyager had its moments....but they dropped the ball on that one,it should have been the best trek ever.....in a different part of the galaxy,they could have had all sorts of new beings and phenomena to throw at us,but except for a few episodes they were pretty lax overall....once again rick berman....

That is correct but not all of what was wrong. Janeway was an awful character, and piss poor Captain. I really didn't like any of the characters. It was just terrible.
check this out......

Sorry......Kirk had the handicap of having William Shatner crap on all of his fans......repeatedly......that hurt Kirk.....picard was a light weight...
hey dont tell me,i had nothing to do with that poll....tell those 50,000 fans who voted.....to me the best Captain was Mackenzie Calhoun from the novel series "the New Frontier" his crew was pretty neat to...

I never got around to reading Star Trek books. I did Star Wars, and some of those were good, but not Trek. One of these days.....
the Trek ones were much better than the shows, they were much more imaginative and revisited things like the Guardian of Forever.......

I love the way that the new movies stay true to the original characters, IMO, the casting was brilliant. Except for the vast difference in looks for Scotty, I recognize all of them.
I did see the trailer for that series, at least I think it was a teaser from ComicCon. Hopefully it will be better than Star Trek Voyager.

check this out......

Meh, she was awful, unwatchable. And though I tried to watch Deep Space 9, it bored me silly. I had almost forgotten about it.

I might have prejudices about Picard. When TNG first came out I was resistant because I was a fan of the old show and didn't want to believe it could be remade. Then I began to like it. THEN at a Sci-Fi convention here in Orlando, I met Patrick Stewart. Well, I "met" him when he signed an autograph that I paid him to sign. Tried to have a quick word or two with him but he was annoyed. It seemed he didn't want to be there, just wanted the money and could barely stand to be with the unwashed masses. Then later on I went to the panel he was on and it continued. He was an ass. So, he has tainted me on TNG, and I don't even watch the reruns anymore.
really?....Stewart was at the first Star Log Convention in Buena Park Cal around 89-90.....the guy had everyone laughing and stuck around and signed stuff for free and talked to people who stuck around....i thought he had a great sense of humor....

He was an ass at our convention. Maybe it wasn't a good day for him. Permanently ruined Picard for me.

check this out......

Meh, she was awful, unwatchable. And though I tried to watch Deep Space 9, it bored me silly. I had almost forgotten about it.

I might have prejudices about Picard. When TNG first came out I was resistant because I was a fan of the old show and didn't want to believe it could be remade. Then I began to like it. THEN at a Sci-Fi convention here in Orlando, I met Patrick Stewart. Well, I "met" him when he signed an autograph that I paid him to sign. Tried to have a quick word or two with him but he was annoyed. It seemed he didn't want to be there, just wanted the money and could barely stand to be with the unwashed masses. Then later on I went to the panel he was on and it continued. He was an ass. So, he has tainted me on TNG, and I don't even watch the reruns anymore.
really?....Stewart was at the first Star Log Convention in Buena Park Cal around 89-90.....the guy had everyone laughing and stuck around and signed stuff for free and talked to people who stuck around....i thought he had a great sense of humor....

He was an ass at our convention. Maybe it wasn't a good day for him. Permanently ruined Picard for me.

That's a good reason to avoid meeting celebrities. You don't want them turning out to be douchebags and ruining their work, whether it be acting, or music, or sports, whatever they do, for you. :lmao:

check this out......

That's a good reason to avoid meeting celebrities. You don't want them turning out to be douchebags and ruining their work, whether it be acting, or music, or sports, whatever they do, for you. :lmao:

That was the first time that happened and the only time so far.

at that same Star Log convention was Dawn Wells who played Mary Ann on Gilligan's Island.....dont know why she was there but she looked pretty good....Sonny Landham was there too,a real Indian,not the kind "lakota" is...

Forum List

Back