The new Star Trek is kind of impressive

Holy....to get without commercials you have to pay the "Ad free" option at $10/month.
That is as much as Netflix!!!!!!.......hahahahaha

I'm afraid this is going to be the new trend. Every network or studio is going to be looking for a way to make their own pay streaming channel. Disney is apparently going to be taking their movies and shows and making a new streaming channel.

It may end up being bad for many of the businesses, because one of the big reasons people started streaming in the first place was to save money on overpriced cable bills. Why would those same people want to spend $10 a month for each of the dozens of streaming channels they may choose from?

Having just a few, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, that can work. When it all gets broken up into 100 different streaming channels, people may once again look for a different way to watch.

I don't know why CBS thinks they have enough programming to support their own pay streaming channel, let alone making people pay full Netflix price to get it.
Yep...I have Netflix, hulu and rent movies either through vudu or fandango...paying $10 for one channel...hilarious
What's hilarious is paying what you pay for 3 different sources. Netflix? Seriously? That garbage is old by months normally before it's aired.

Their are options FAR BETTER than Netflix

Ignoring the piracy issue, Netflix is still the streaming service with the largest library, I'm pretty sure. They also, IMO, have the best original content that I've seen.

Things are starting to move in a bad direction, though, and Netflix's business model may not be sustainable.

Oh, and to comment on the actual show, I was able to watch the third episode. I like this show, and really wish it were on plain old CBS. It's a lot darker than other Star Trek I've seen, but coming from Fuller, that's par for the course. I think it has a lot of potential. I don't want to have to go to someone's house that happens to have the CBS pay service every time I want to watch, though. :mad:

Holy....to get without commercials you have to pay the "Ad free" option at $10/month.

I'm afraid this is going to be the new trend. Every network or studio is going to be looking for a way to make their own pay streaming channel. Disney is apparently going to be taking their movies and shows and making a new streaming channel.

It may end up being bad for many of the businesses, because one of the big reasons people started streaming in the first place was to save money on overpriced cable bills. Why would those same people want to spend $10 a month for each of the dozens of streaming channels they may choose from?

Having just a few, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, that can work. When it all gets broken up into 100 different streaming channels, people may once again look for a different way to watch.

I don't know why CBS thinks they have enough programming to support their own pay streaming channel, let alone making people pay full Netflix price to get it.
Yep...I have Netflix, hulu and rent movies either through vudu or fandango...paying $10 for one channel...hilarious
What's hilarious is paying what you pay for 3 different sources. Netflix? Seriously? That garbage is old by months normally before it's aired.

Ignoring the piracy issue, Netflix is still the streaming service with the largest library, I'm pretty sure. They also, IMO, have the best original content that I've seen.

Things are starting to move in a bad direction, though, and Netflix's business model may not be sustainable.
They have a couple good shows. Sadly most of their content is old as dirt. I tried them for a couple months and quickly realized their content was either available with a basic subscription or over the air. Or really old movies. They were the first so they're the most popular but even now their shit is worthless compared to the new Hulu deals or PSVue

Oh, and to comment on the actual show, I was able to watch the third episode. I like this show, and really wish it were on plain old CBS. It's a lot darker than other Star Trek I've seen, but coming from Fuller, that's par for the course. I think it has a lot of potential. I don't want to have to go to someone's house that happens to have the CBS pay service every time I want to watch, though. :mad:
I think it's worth the 6 bucks or whatever for the duration it runs. I spend more than that daily on frivolous shit I don't need like coffee or trail mix for a snack

I think it's worth the 6 bucks or whatever for the duration it runs. I spend more than that daily on frivolous shit I don't need like coffee or trail mix for a snack

I don't make much and don't spend much. Even if I did, I'm not sure how willing I'd be to pay 6 bucks a month for just 1 show.

I haven't watched this week's episode yet though. Figured I needed a couple days to get the taste of the joke known as Orville out of my mouth first.
Well that and I just caught up on the Walking Dead

They have a couple good shows. Sadly most of their content is old as dirt. I tried them for a couple months and quickly realized their content was either available with a basic subscription or over the air. Or really old movies. They were the first so they're the most popular but even now their shit is worthless compared to the new Hulu deals or PSVue

Netflix has a number of shows the little one I nanny really enjoys. Netflix has done multiple Marvel shows which went from pretty good to WOW, with The Punisher upcoming. There have been a few Netflix movies I've liked as well.
The only Amazon show I've watched so far is The Tick. I don't have Hulu, but haven't heard of anything currently on there I want to see (although I'm interested in Runaways).
Netflix is far from perfect, but I still think they are ahead of the other streaming services in content.

I don't make much and don't spend much. Even if I did, I'm not sure how willing I'd be to pay 6 bucks a month for just 1 show.
6 bucks for dour or five episodes. It's cheaper than one movie in a theatre and if star trek is your thing easily worth it. Cancel when it's over

Netflix has a number of shows the little one I nanny really enjoys. Netflix has done multiple Marvel shows which went from pretty good to WOW, with The Punisher upcoming. There have been a few Netflix movies I've liked as well.
The only Amazon show I've watched so far is The Tick. I don't have Hulu, but haven't heard of anything currently on there I want to see (although I'm interested in Runaways).
Netflix is far from perfect, but I still think they are ahead of the other streaming services in content.
Try the man in the high castle. Great show

I haven't watched this week's episode yet though. Figured I needed a couple days to get the taste of the joke known as Orville out of my mouth first.

I watched 10 or 15 minutes of the first episode of The Orville and didn't find anything there I liked. I still need to watch FtWD, which has gotten better as time has gone on, although it still has problems.

I watched 10 or 15 minutes of the first episode of The Orville and didn't find anything there I liked. I still need to watch FtWD, which has gotten better as time has gone on, although it still has problems.
The producer just teased a crossover

It's not fake news. He made a mistake. Good fucking grief.

If youcwerent so fucking poor a few bucks wouldn't send you into fits of rage OVER A TV SHOW.

Get a job scrub

Hey screw you Grampa...having a bad day or something?

It is Fake News...you see these stupid websites do this all the time on Facebook. They entice people to go to there website with a catching headline only to report something else. Why would an American "entertainment news" site have a headline that read "To be streaming on Netflix"..when that is only in Europe?

I have a job, and more than likely make more than you do.

Rage?? - only one raging and ranting in this whole thread is you.

Netflix sucks?? - You have no idea what you are talking about. Netflix by far has the largest library than anyone else...in fact larger than they are put together. Netflix has a number of their own shows, some aren't that good - others are very good - better than what the networks offer. They also have a large number of award winning documentaries and more nature shows than any other 2 or 3 channels combined.
Amazon Prime sucks. ONly thing going for them is a decent choice of movies included with Prime.
Most of the best shows, if they are not old, they entice you with the first few shows free but want you to pay $3 -$4 per episode for the rest....screw that.

It's not fake news. He made a mistake. Good fucking grief.

If youcwerent so fucking poor a few bucks wouldn't send you into fits of rage OVER A TV SHOW.

Get a job scrub

Hey screw you Grampa...having a bad day or something?

It is Fake News...you see these stupid websites do this all the time on Facebook. They entice people to go to there website with a catching headline only to report something else. Why would an American "entertainment news" site have a headline that read "To be streaming on Netflix"..when that is only in Europe?

I have a job, and more than likely make more than you do.

Rage?? - only one raging and ranting in this whole thread is you.

Netflix sucks?? - You have no idea what you are talking about. Netflix by far has the largest library than anyone else...in fact larger than they are put together. Netflix has a number of their own shows, some aren't that good - others are very good - better than what the networks offer. They also have a large number of award winning documentaries and more nature shows than any other 2 or 3 channels combined.
Amazon Prime sucks. ONly thing going for them is a decent choice of movies included with Prime.
Most of the best shows, if they are not old, they entice you with the first few shows free but want you to pay $3 -$4 per episode for the rest....screw that.
Yeah I came off half cocked but it is not Fake News. It says right in the link it isn't available in America.
The person who posted it MADE A MISTAKE.
It really isn't a big deal.

The producer just teased a crossover

From what I read, one character from one of the shows will show up on the other show. :dunno:

Forum List

Back