The new Romney campaign?

Liberal

Libruhl! Libruhl!
Aug 21, 2012
Downtown Sarasota, FL
It seems that things are not going so swimmingly for the Romney/Ryan campaign ineternally. There also appears to be some sources talking about fighting within the Romney campaign, in regards to how to run the campaign. In addition, it also seems that quite a few conservative talkers like Laura Ingraham have been attacking the R/R campaign regarding their strategy.

They wasted the last year+ just talking about the economy and have just now figured out that it not going to win the election, if anything it has hurt them due to skipping out the specifics on policies. Now it seems that they are headed in a more conservative direction, attacking the president on non hot-button issues like abortion and other stuff.

I have to say that they must be ready to lose the election. While taking on conservative issues may feel like a good thing to, well, conservatives.. The rest of America, specifically the swing/undecided crowd is less likely to follow the same message.

Either way, I was just curious as to what republicans and conservatives think about this. Honest discussion, no flames.

Had they ran Romney as the moderate governor of Massechusets, he might have had a chance. But the primaries forced him so far to the right, that the Governor disappeared, replaced by someone that had no plans, just attacks from the far right wing stance. Then he let them force Ryan on him. Death knell for that campaign. Far too many even within the GOP that hold that ideologue in contempt.

Romney thought he could get by on not giving policy specifics (maybe because he doesn't have any), but that wasn't going well so he brought on Paul Ryan...a guy who has specific policies. They're awful policies, but at least they were written down, unlike Willards.

Of course, right after bringing him on-board, he started disavowing all of the Lyin' Ryan's awful policies...again without giving any specifics about the policies he would enact.

He thinks that by doing this, he will remain viable to the squishy bottomed independents and still maintain his crazy base.

He's finding out that the squishy bottomed independents actually want to know about policy before making a decision. This leaves the Romneybot 2.0 in a sticky situation.

It seems that things are not going so swimmingly for the Romney/Ryan campaign ineternally. There also appears to be some sources talking about fighting within the Romney campaign, in regards to how to run the campaign. In addition, it also seems that quite a few conservative talkers like Laura Ingraham have been attacking the R/R campaign regarding their strategy.

They wasted the last year+ just talking about the economy and have just now figured out that it not going to win the election, if anything it has hurt them due to skipping out the specifics on policies. Now it seems that they are headed in a more conservative direction, attacking the president on non hot-button issues like abortion and other stuff.

I have to say that they must be ready to lose the election. While taking on conservative issues may feel like a good thing to, well, conservatives.. The rest of America, specifically the swing/undecided crowd is less likely to follow the same message.

Either way, I was just curious as to what republicans and conservatives think about this. Honest discussion, no flames.

Obama isn't winning. It's Romney who is losing if you get what I mean. With Obama's record, Romney should have a 20 point lead. I would be the first to agree. It's Romney's to lose and he's doing a good job at it.

But...keep in mind that it only takes one mistake on Obama's part to turn the tide and he as well is making them as we "speak".

It's still up for grabs.

Update: I just heard Chuck Todd of all hacks just say 30 seconds ago that it's not like Obama is blowing Romney away in spite of his piss poor campaign. They are discussing this on MSLSD now.

Last edited:
I just think it's interesting to watch... Fox News is not saying ANYTHING about this, and there is some very credible information/interviews from Romney campaign officials, saying that they are going to change directions in the campaign, cause it isn't working.

I mean, I guess that conservative policies are just not the popular, because it seems to be the root of what is hurting his chances to win.

I agree Old Rocks, if Romney ran as the Governor that he once was he probably would have a much better race at this point in the year, due to the appeal of ind/und voters. The election is not over yet, but bar anything CRAZY happening it looks like Romney will probably have a really hard time winning.

Obama isn't winning. It's Romney who is losing if you get what I mean. With Obama's record, Romney should have a 20 point lead. I would be the first to agree. It's Romney's to lose and he's doing a good job at it.

I can agree.. If they ran on the economy and had a better appeal to ind/und voters they could possibly have it in the bag.

It's a no brainer that the economy is not great.. It's all about how you look at it. I, for one, understood from the beginning that this was going to be a long road to a recovery, and Barack even said that after being elected.

So that leads me to ask if the economy is really that big of a deal to people, or is it that most people understand that there was a HUGE mess that happened and that it is going to take some time to bring it around.

(When I say "huge mess", I am not blaming Bush [some may], but more the policies that lead up to that point, some R and some D)

But...keep in mind that it only takes one mistake on Obama's part to turn the tide and he as well is making them as we "speak".

Oh yeah, all it takes is a few missteps and it could easily be a lot closer.

It's still up for grabs.

Indeed.

Romney can't change course too drastically. He's already the Etch-A-Sketch candidate and a huge course correction certainly wouldn't help with that (true) perception. He'll lose his crazy base if he starts moderating too much.

Romney can't change course too drastically. He's already the Etch-A-Sketch candidate and a huge course correction certainly wouldn't help with that (true) perception. He'll lose his crazy base if he starts moderating too much.

Exactly , Romney pivets to hard either way people are watching now . The

crazy base is all he has , If that's gone he has nothing . Romney could ride in on

a white horse slay all the political demons & not win . Romney is just not

likable , Romney has been running for President for 8 years the people know him

they get it and still nothing . Face it Romney fans or should I say Obama haters

Obama is Teflon don againest Romney . Romney should be kicking the shit

Outta Obama .

Forum List

Back