The New Republican landscape

Expect the usual ad homs and messenger shooting: conservatives, republicans, and libertarians are the new Marxists of contemporary America, they believe, they do not think. Fifty years of corporate spin has created the zombies of the right.

"Historian Phillips-Fein traces the hidden history of the Reagan revolution to a coterie of business executives, including General Electric official and Reagan mentor Lemuel Boulware, who saw labor unions, government regulation, high taxes and welfare spending as dire threats to their profits and power. From the 1930s onward, the author argues, they provided the money, organization and fervor for a decades-long war against New Deal liberalism—funding campaigns, think tanks, magazines and lobbying groups, and indoctrinating employees in the virtues of unfettered capitalism." [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Hands-Making-Conservative-Movement/dp/0393059308/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8]Amazon.com: Invisible Hands: The Making of the Conservative Movement from the New Deal to Reagan (9780393059304): Kim Phillips-Fein: Books[/ame]

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/18/opinion/18mon1.html?_r=1&hp

This is called slash and burn. If you rich or a sheep, you love it. The mentality of people like this is beyond me. But the sheep will follow them to the slaughter...very sad.

This is an Op-Ed from the NYT?

Oddly, The RINOS hadn't really impressed me during their first 6 months after they were elected in an overwhelmingly strong endorsement AGAINST large government programs and taxes....At least they hadn't impressed me until I read the linked NYT Op-Ed:

Six months after voters sent Republicans in large numbers to Congress and many statehouses, it is possible to see the full landscape of destruction that their policies would cause — much of which has already begun. If it was not clear before, it is obvious now that the party is fully engaged in a project to dismantle the foundations of the New Deal and the Great Society, and to liberate business and the rich from the inconveniences of oversight and taxes.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Bravo.

The NYT hates to think of anyone being "liberated" AND making money.

Only an idiot would believe the USA has ever had any other purpose.

good gawd, in just four months the lefties-Liberals-Commies sure do have their panties all in a bunch. I'd say this last election was sign ENOUGH that people want slash and burn, whatever the hell that means.

some may need a wambulance though.:lol:

Last edited:
Yeah fifty years of stupid policies will have that effect on an economy without doubt.

And there are TWO parties at whose feet we can lay the blame.

And within those parties there are PEOPLE whose names we know, and whose voting records are public record.

It is those people who deserve all the credit for where we find outselves today.

Of course by the time the American people are ready to take them to task for the rape of this nation?

They and their, now no longer USD fortunes will be safely tucked away in some other nation's banks and stock markets.

This Titantic ship of state is going down, and just as with the other, only the first class passengers will find lifeboats waiting for them.

That 90% or so of us in economic steerage class will end up holding all the debt, but none of the wealth we and our fathers created.

That's how disintregrating empires work, folks.

Be prepared for it.

The fact is that if that budget becomes law and the effects of the cuts are felt by the electorate we can look forward to a wholesale change in the House of Representatives. We will see how the media spins this, which is of course how most people are led. The elderly as a whole, I believe, are one sector of the electorate that gets out and votes, thats why no major changes in social security. It will be an interesting time.

Yeah fifty years of stupid policies will have that effect on an economy without doubt.

And there are TWO parties at whose feet we can lay the blame.

And within those parties there are PEOPLE whose names we know, and whose voting records are public record.

It is those people who deserve all the credit for where we find outselves today.

Of course by the time the American people are ready to take them to task for the rape of this nation?

They and their, now no longer USD fortunes will be safely tucked away in some other nation's banks and stock markets.

This Titantic ship of state is going down, and just as with the other, only the first class passengers will find lifeboats waiting for them.

That 90% or so of us in economic steerage class will end up holding all the debt, but none of the wealth we and our fathers created.

That's how disintregrating empires work, folks.

Be prepared for it.

I see you're busy re-arranging deck chairs.

Stop babbling and get hold of yourself.

I love this line from the op-ed: "But on Friday, nearly unanimous House Republicans showed just how far their mainstream has been dragged to the right."

Anyone to the right of Uncle Joe Stalin is far right to the doe-eyed Obamamaniacs.

I love this line from the op-ed: "But on Friday, nearly unanimous House Republicans showed just how far their mainstream has been dragged to the right."

Anyone to the right of Uncle Joe Stalin is far right to the doe-eyed Obamamaniacs.

Indeed: More to Love.

Frankly without the NYT's lens through which to view RINOs, I would have said they capitulated to their standard habit of waffling.

A government that only spends $3 Trillion instead of $3.4 Trillion is the new "Slash and burn"

LOL

Libruls R Funny

No I hate to tell you this but I is we who Deserve all the credit for where we find ourselves today. Since We voted them in and We allowed them to continue while We sat on our ass's and did nothing.

The editorial page ofthe NYT has always been their weak link. There was nothing in that editorial that I either haven't seen here on this board or couldn't. No depth of thought whatsoever.
I guess the liberal meme is "there is no budget crisis, all we need to do is raise taxes on the wealthy and cut military spending." That is obviously wrong. So obviously so that it would take an astounding act of political ignorance to believe such idiocy.

The insistence of the GOP to keep the ill advised Bush tax cuts could lead to an incredibly diffcult period in American history. Even some repubs from past administrations are calling for the end of the tax breaks for the wealthy.

Forum List

Back