The New Racism

I remember reading the definition of racism in the dictionary.

It pretty much stated that if you feel that your race is better or more privileged than another race you are a textbook racist.

That being the case...why are we supposed to secede special rights and privileges to any specified racial group?

Why must we look the other way when they break our laws....invade our country...use our health care that we pay for and just ignore it. Why must we allow them to go around the normal process set forth by the powers that be because as with any bureaucracy the paperwork and the system seems to be the problem....not the solution?

After all...that is what Al Sharpton and Barrack H. Obama are telling us we must do. We must allow racism to take place to avoid being labeled racist ourselves.

Isn't that what they're saying?

Any thoughts?
It has nothing to do with race, except perhaps from your standpoint.

The law makes it probable that citizens of the United States will be forced to carry papers else risk being put in jail.

I've been trying to point exactly that...but for some strange reason Obama and the Democrats seem to want to make it about race.

If you had been reading my posts on this thread or others my point has been that is a legal issue...not a racial issue. But for some reason Obama and the city of San Francisco thinks it's about fairness which is a sneaky way of saying it's discriminatory.

There is almost zero risk that a citizen of the United States will be put in jail for not having identification with them. Why? Because a citizen of the United States will almost always have their correct name on their vehicle registration, on their driver's license, will almost almost provide their correct address and phone number, place of employment etc.

Let's say a person fits the description of a liquor store robber or mugger the police are looking for and is in the vicinity of the crime. The police will likely stop and question that person. If there is not reasonable cause that the person is suspect, however, he or she will not be arrested after showing proper identification. If s/he doesn't have ID on him/her, then the information provided is easily and quickly verified via phone or whatever.

An illegal usually won't have anybody the cop can call or any address he can use to verify his legal residency. So the cop has probable cause that he is not legal and yes, he can detain him until that is cleared up.

It is already the law of the land that non-citizens must carry documentation with them at all times. I don't see how this law changes a single thing other than removing the cop from accusations of racism if he enforces the law.

i was wondering everyone talking about what they will do to get rid of the illegal aliens. i would like to know if they are gone is there anybody here that is going to do the dirty and degenerating jobs that hey do

We somehow managed to do those jobs before the illegal invasion. The whole "doing jobs Americans won't do" is completely inaccurate but serves the "Americans are racist against Mexicans" argument well.

Correction, before the hispanics came you had the black people to do those jobs. ;)

The point you so conveniently missed is that people doing the "jobs no one else will do" were American citizens before the illegal invasion.

We somehow managed to do those jobs before the illegal invasion. The whole "doing jobs Americans won't do" is completely inaccurate but serves the "Americans are racist against Mexicans" argument well.

Correction, before the hispanics came you had the black people to do those jobs. ;)

The point you so conveniently missed is that people doing the "jobs no one else will do" were American citizens before the illegal invasion.

Race has nothing to do with whether somebody will or won't do a job. When labor is plentiful--when there are more people than jobs to fill--labor is cheap. When labor is scarce, labor becomes more expensive as we were all taught in Economics 100 -- the law of supply and demand -- assuming we all took Economics 100.

When the authorities cracked down on a number of Nebraska meat packing plants and sent a sizable percentage of their work force back to Mexico or wherever, there wasn't enough local labor to fill those jobs. They raised the wages and people from all around came to work there. The work force benefitted. The local community benefitted. And if that is repeated in enough places, the national economy benefits as well.

So we pay 10 cents more a pound for our hamburger or round steak. It's a small price to pay and is largely offset by the taxes we shouldn't need to pay to support services and benefits provided free to illegal immigrants.

Recognizing racial differences -- including intelligence differences -- shouldn't be called "racist", because "racist" just means "bad". Recognizing racial differences is TRUTH.

Recognizing racial differences -- including intelligence differences -- shouldn't be called "racist", because "racist" just means "bad". Recognizing racial differences is TRUTH.

I don't know that there are any intelligence differences between the races. Having been fortunate to move in racially diverse circles, including my own family, I don't think there are any intelligence differences perse among the races. I read and personally know brilliant Blacks, Asians, Native Americans, Hispanics, and various European products plus a lot of hybrids of all. I also know some among all these who are not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.

There can be some genetic differences--some peoples of certain heritage tend to be taller or heavier or predisposed to certain kinds of inherited ailments. There can be cultural differences of course depending on where or how somebody grows up.

But I don't think race determines whether a person is more likely to be smart or wise or capable or trustworthy or whatever.

I don't know that there are any intelligence differences between the races. Having been fortunate to move in racially diverse circles, including my own family, I don't think there are any intelligence differences perse among the races. I read and personally know brilliant Blacks, Asians, Native Americans, Hispanics, and various European products plus a lot of hybrids of all. I also know some among all these who are not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.

There can be some genetic differences--some peoples of certain heritage tend to be taller or heavier or predisposed to certain kinds of inherited ailments. There can be cultural differences of course depending on where or how somebody grows up.

But I don't think race determines whether a person is more likely to be smart or wise or capable or trustworthy or whatever.

You don't WANT to believe this, because it would be upsetting.

But the stats are pretty clear: blacks have, on average, IQ's that are 15 points lower than whites, on average. That makes a critical difference in a complex society in which intelligence is pretty tightly correlated with success in life, income, etc. And in a society where it's demanded that we all "be equal." Blacks' natural failure to live up to whites' standard is blamed on WHITES, via "racism", and whites are made to feel guilty over it (and fork over taxes).

The ugly truth is that blacks are somewhat dumber than whites -- and GENETICALLY SO, i.e., it won't change.

I'm sure you've met smart blacks, as have I. But consider that this is very poor anecdotal evidence given that the blacks you encounter are likely selected for intelligence near your own. That's not most blacks.

Last edited:

You don't WANT to believe this, because it would be upsetting.

But the stats are pretty clear: blacks have, on average, IQ's that are 15 points lower than whites, on average. That makes a critical difference in a complex society in which intelligence is pretty tightly correlated with success in life, income, etc. And in a society where it's demanded that we all "be equal." Blacks' natural failure to live up to whites' standard is blamed on WHITES, via "racism", and whites are made to feel guilty over it (and fork over taxes).

I'm sorry, but I simply don't believe that. Certainly ghetto kids given the SAME test geared to mostly white affluent suburban kids probably won't score as well. Perhaps young adults in each culture won't either. But then suburban white kids would fair less well taking a test geared to the language and experience of that ghetto kid too.

I can take one IQ test in one venue and barely make normal if that. I can take another in another venue and score in the genius range. The facts are almost certainly that I am of average intelligence flavored with a lot of varied life experience.

Take all the cultural conditioning out of it along with life experience, and I'm guessing there would be no important differences in the average intelligence of the various races.

Edit to add: I think tests designed to FAVOR one cultural group over another are intentionally or unintentionally racist. I do agree that it is not racist to note a certain experience or condition existing among one race than another. For instance it is not racist to say that more whites than blacks are below the poverty line while a higher percentage of blacks are below the poverty line. We used to say it that most of the poor are white but most of the blacks are poor. That was 30-40 years ago, however, and I don't know if it is still true.

Last edited:
Take all the cultural conditioning out of it along with life experience, and I'm guessing there would be no important differences in the average intelligence of the various races.

This is a popular notion, but there's no evidence to back it up. Most modern intelligence tests have NO cultural bias whatsoever. Also, how do you explain the fact that ASIANS actually score higher than WHITES on tests that were written BY WHITES?

Craig Boedeker asks this question in his film documentary on race, and it's HILARIOUS to see people try to answer!

http://www.aconversationaboutrace.com/

Last edited:
One of the most difficult things in life is to be completely honest with oneself. Deep down built into the structure of our being is a sense of group affiliation, it is why humankind evolved and prospered. Denying racism is like denying reality. Today it has become a stick and tool, and the only way we move away from it is to accept our commonality. But few can do that because they see life in terms of privilege and hierarchy. Why then do so many not look at the green side or the pink side of all of us. Seems we have a long way to go. Weirdly the only ones who seem to face the reality of race is the comics. Comedy hides the surface but often presents the truth.

Video: Law & Border | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

"To be a Negro in this country and to be relatively conscious is to be in a rage almost all the time." James A. Baldwin

"I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually." James A. Baldwin

"If you think the United States could never elect an Adolf Hitler to power, note that David Duke would have become governor of Louisiana if it had just been up to the white voters in that state." Robert Altemeyer

"Racism is not about how you look, it is about how people assign meaning to how you look." Robin D.G. Kelley

In order for racism to be the real reason Americans object to millions of people from another country illegally entering our country in order to exploit the institutions we created and paid for OUR benefit, and with more and more states facing financial crisis because of that exploitation -for it to be "racism" as the cause for objecting to that, right off the bat a race that is different from one's own must be involved. Maybe you really didn't know this but there are only three races in this world. And "Mexican" isn't one of them. I am really tired of hearing "racism" applied when the term others should be using is "ethnocentric". Ethnocentrism is part and parcel of human nature as a known survival mechanism but has nothing to do with this. Ethnocentrism isn't so much a belief your own kind are superior somehow, but that your own kind can better protect you, make you feel more comfortable, are more familiar with them and therefore will enhance your quality of life better - and it can play a role for where and with whom we choose to live, work and play. Not when it comes to who should and should not be expected to obey our laws! What do you call people who think some people, based on nothing more than their country of origin, have a right to violate our laws with impunity while still expecting all others to obey our immigration laws? Because frankly I don't get this one.

In a nation of a melting pot of ethnic and racial backgrounds from all over the world and where the typical American can claim an average of 6 different nationalities in their own heritage (the average number of different ethnic backgrounds in a person's heritage elsewhere in the world is still less than 2) - it is really silly to suggest that is suddenly THE driving concern regarding illegal immigration! Yeah right the hodge-podge of ethnic backgrounds that is Americans are so ethnocentric they oppose millions of illegals from entering this country ONLY if they come from a certain country but wouldn't have a problem if those same millions came from some other one instead? Get real.

We all know that if it were happening in France where they are SOOO much more enlightened than Americans, the French would have no problem with people sneaking illegally into their country by the millions whatsoever, right? Must be why if you are caught entering France illegally you will likely serve a short jail term before being deported, huh. And gee, they don't even care if your parents or grandparents were originally from France -they are still going to kick your ass out. What they will NOT do is give your children a free education at their expense instead! LOL

The notion that if their skin color were just a couple of shades lighter, no one would really object to footing the bill for the millions of people who enter this country illegally is ludicrous. Think it would sit better with Americans if it were millions of Canadians who illegally entered the country in order to financially exploit our system and stick us with the bill - or millions of Belgians or millions of Australians instead? ROFL I don't blame Mexicans for wanting to come to this country. If I were in their shoes financially, I'd want to come here myself. I blame my government for the actions and lack of actions that only encourage MORE people to enter illegally and bypass the legal route! What is the point of having immigration law if you don't believe it should be OBEYED in the first place -but ONLY if those sneaking in come from certain places?

The ONLY thing I care about is that everyone who wants to live and work here enter LEGALLY. Every American can understand the desire of others who want to try their luck in our country -just do it LEGALLY. Every nation on the planet has the RIGHT to know who is entering their country and for what purpose. We cannot extend an open door to everyone everywhere in the world and tell them to just sneak in and get a free education and free medical care at my expense though -the people of no nation can afford that bill for long. Nor do those who demand we treat illegals as if they are legal residents and citizens demand ANY other country do so -except the US.

The hard luck stories of Mexicans pulls no harder on my heartstrings and are no less touching, sad, horrific etc. than the hard luck stories of MILLIONS of others around the world who have been waiting sometimes for years to enter this nation legally -but immediately get bumped to the back of the line every time we give illegals amnesty. Rewarding people over and over for violating our immigration law only encourages more people to violate it -and this was proven after the last amnesty when the rate of illegals crossing into the country skyrocketed in response to that amnesty! You don't encourage people to have more respect our laws by rewarding them for violating it. Any half-assed parent even knows that one.

Before you add any more quotes to your signature of that same theme, I recommend a lot of worldwide travel.

I remember reading the definition of racism in the dictionary.

It pretty much stated that if you feel that your race is better or more privileged than another race you are a textbook racist.

That being the case...why are we supposed to secede special rights and privileges to any specified racial group?

Why must we look the other way when they break our laws....invade our country...use our health care that we pay for and just ignore it. Why must we allow them to go around the normal process set forth by the powers that be because as with any bureaucracy the paperwork and the system seems to be the problem....not the solution?

After all...that is what Al Sharpton and Barrack H. Obama are telling us we must do. We must allow racism to take place to avoid being labeled racist ourselves.

Isn't that what they're saying?

Any thoughts?

The angry Left plays the race card with enthusiam. They haven't much else with which to draw attention. They play the blame game, call names and belittle those that disagree.

One would hope that all people would assess ideas by their moral rightness or wrongness, not by the race, gender or class of those who hold them. But in the world of the Left, people are taught not to assess ideas but to identify the race, class and gender of those who espouse those ideas. This helps explain the widespread use of ad hominem attacks by the Left: Rather than argue against their opponents' ideas, the Left usually dismisses those making the argument disagreed with as [B]racist, intolerant, bigoted, sexist," "homophobic" and/or xenophobic[/B]."

I personally don't care what they call me. :eusa_whistle:

i was wondering everyone talking about what they will do to get rid of the illegal aliens. i would like to know if they are gone is there anybody here that is going to do the dirty and degenerating jobs that hey do

Don't forget the Irish and the Chinese

Don't forget the Irish and the Chinese

And among my family are Italian immigrants who arrived with little more than the clothes on their back and took some of the most dangerous and crappiest work available to anybody in order to realize their American dream.

There will be no mass repatriation no matter what some hope for here. Politically, culturally, and economically, it is not possible. Thus, the only way to solve the issue, which is interconnected with our economy and national security, is to: (1) seal the border; (2) jail managers and employees who deliberately and knowingly hire illegals, and fine the companies out the wazoo; and (3) begin immigration reform.

No other way will work, period.

All we have to do is, stop handing out free-bees to the illegals. Fine companies for hiring them. Stop the free medical, food and schooling. Make the children born here, from illegal parents illegal also. Give them a ticket back to where they came from.

When my Husband came here from Europe, he had to fill out scads of paperwork, have a sponsor and pay all kinds of fees, almost a year before his arrival. He is entitled to nothing. Yet, these people come here illegally and get all kinds of free aid.

It's just not fair to those who jump through all the hoops to do it the right way.

I've been saying that all along.

What a bunch of hog wash. I picked berries in the fields. The last time I went was when I was 18. My sister in law from Thailand wanted a job I said "I'll get you a job right away". We went to the busstop the next day. Granted, I hadn't been berry picking in awhile so I was rather shocked to see all Asians at the stop. I was the only Caucasian at the busstop. The bus driver took my sister in law and left me there, he had never seen either of us before. My sister went the one day and that one day only, I had spent entire summers picking in the fields to earn my spending money.

In college I worked part time as a maid. My friend still works as a maid, she's been pushed out of two jobs because the Hispanics came in and took over and when there weren't enough hours, the hours were cut for the whites, not the Hispanics. You can't make enough money to pay the bills when you are only working 8 to 16 hours a week.

When my son was a kid, we had a paper route. They hired an immigrant to take over. The first thing they did was take the apartments away from us. We had to deliver to the doors and we made 5 cents a newspaper. They gave those apartments to the immigrants and required them only to deliver those same newspapers to the office of the apartment buildings. The same 5 cents we made for delivering them to the door of EACH apartment. With the houses being so far apart, we couldn't even make enough money to make the job worth while so we quite. The immigrants never did deliver to the doors, the threw them in the driveways and got the same 5 cents we got for walking to the doors. Then they put up newspaper boxes by the mailboxes and the just put them in there now. Less work for the same money, push the whites out of their jobs and take over.

There are no jobs Americans will not do. There have never been jobs Americans will not do. There are only jobs whose wages are unfairly kept low by an immigrant workforce and unemployment for Americans that is kept high because our jobs have been stolen by immigrants both legal and illegal.

All we have to do is, stop handing out free-bees to the illegals. Fine companies for hiring them. Stop the free medical, food and schooling. Make the children born here, from illegal parents illegal also. Give them a ticket back to where they came from.

When my Husband came here from Europe, he had to fill out scads of paperwork, have a sponsor and pay all kinds of fees, almost a year before his arrival. He is entitled to nothing. Yet, these people come here illegally and get all kinds of free aid.

It's just not fair to those who jump through all the hoops to do it the right way.

you cannot stop the education and the frrebie medical care,, I think they are both mandates of the supreme court.

It's highly possible that all of the freebies are there for that very purpose....to bring them here so they can get their votes.

All they need do is bring a brown skinned illegal here and the Dems have a ready made SOB story designed to cause divisions and bring out the crazies in droves.

SF wants to boycott Arizona. I think Arizona should give illegals a one way bus ticket to San Francisco.

Obama thinks this is unfair of course. Don't you dare go out with your kids looking for ice-cream because according the Obama the fuzz are out to get you.

What a putz.

He of all people is charged with upholding the law...not making exceptions according to race or just because they have a large voting block.

Did you watch Fox News Sunday today?? One of the panel members said it flat out.. to paraphrase.. "obie is the president for his side only" everyone else is his enemy" and she was totally correct.. It's as plain as the nose on yer face, he doesn't even try to cover it up.. he's that unsophisticated politically.

It's highly possible that all of the freebies are there for that very purpose....to bring them here so they can get their votes.

All they need do is bring a brown skinned illegal here and the Dems have a ready made SOB story designed to cause divisions and bring out the crazies in droves.

SF wants to boycott Arizona. I think Arizona should give illegals a one way bus ticket to San Francisco.

Obama thinks this is unfair of course. Don't you dare go out with your kids looking for ice-cream because according the Obama the fuzz are out to get you.

What a putz.

He of all people is charged with upholding the law...not making exceptions according to race or just because they have a large voting block.

Did you watch Fox News Sunday today?? One of the panel members said it flat out.. to paraphrase.. "obie is the president for his side only" everyone else is his enemy" and she was totally correct.. It's as plain as the nose on yer face, he doesn't even try to cover it up.. he's that unsophisticated politically.

He has all of that TARP and Stimulus money to bribe the media with to cover his ass. He knows he's got backing so he doesn't really care.

I think he's gonna pay a heavy price for his arrogance. He just doesn't know it yet. But when he does he'll whine like the bitch that he is.

What a putz.

He has all of that TARP and Stimulus money to bribe the media with to cover his ass. He knows he's got backing so he doesn't really care.

I think he's gonna pay a heavy price for his arrogance. He just doesn't know it yet. But when he does he'll whine like the bitch that he is.

Yes, she did go on to say something to the effect he was annoying a lot of people and they would remember in november..

Forum List

Back