The New Oval Office: Beige is the New Beige

Your mom was totally coolth!

Yes. Yes she was. It's a wonderful memory for me. I was thrilled to be allowed such 'grown up' responsibility at such a young age.

If I had been more interested in arts than the sciences, I figure I would have liked to have studied interior decorating.

Last edited:
The Obama Oval Office has had a make over.

It's Beige...very very 1970s Brady Bunch Beige.

4956893841_8dfe016996.jpg

Oval Office gets a makeover: The Swamp

Contrast that with the Bush Era version:

4957486052_28f8cafaa7.jpg

And check out the Clinton version:

4956903703_1b698d4d4c.jpg

Oval Offices in history (photos)

Clinton's was rather over the top colorful, but at least the office had a positive, optimistic pallet. Bush's reflects excellent taste and is welcoming while being dignified.

Obama's can only be described as Retro-Carter Era BEIGE - which does suit his horrible economic policy.

Be Afwaid. Be Vewy Vewy Afwaid.

"Our people look for a cause to believe in. Is it a third party we need, or is it a new and revitalized second party, raising a banner of no pastels, but bold colors, which make it unmistakably clear where we stand on all of the issues troubling the people?" - Ronald Reagan, Speech to CPAC March 1, 1975

*WE* see where Barack Hussein Obama stands.

I don't like any of them. But Clinton's was the best of the three. I like color, and blue and gold is one of my favorite combinations. Just not that blue and that gold. :lol:

I thought Bush's was blah, and I always hated that sunburst rug. Now it's....boring beige. Not my thing. And WTF is up with that coffee table?

The furniture is the same , as well as the arrangement, from president to president . . . just the material changes. If Obama tweaked his with color it'd be much better. Or, if he had more texture -- the sofa material, the rug -- it would help. It just falls short of being finished, imo. Oh, and I'd change the picture frames too.

Our old house was a townhouse built in the 70's. We lucked out in the powder room, the sink and toilet were a mid-blue. But the upstairs bathroom (California style; toilet and tub in one room, sinks in another. BLECH!!!) was avocado green. :eek: U-G-L-Y. Tiny bathroom too. My parents had a dark brown fridge at one time but we never had Brady Bunch styling or colors. My mom's tastes run to fancy. . . bureau scarves on the dressers and everything.

The coffee table is hideous. I think the rug would have looked nice if it was the color of that blue pillow.

It's better to hate Ugly Shag Carpet than to hate people.

:)

It WAS ugly. I'm still astounded that so many of us did up our homes that way. I'm beyond bumfuddled to hear it could be making a come back.

And yet, I have the old family photos to prove, I did it too. I suppose in twenty years, if I'm still here, I'll be just as embarrassed about my lilac gray bathroom?

That would depend upon if you have floral wall paper. Then yes, major embarrassment is in your future.

Just like how the 80s gray, teal, mauve, and burgundy with bright shiny chrome accents decor screams "out of date" today.

I'm a veritable font of wisdom on this topic.

It WAS ugly. I'm still astounded that so many of us did up our homes that way. I'm beyond bumfuddled to hear it could be making a come back.

And yet, I have the old family photos to prove, I did it too. I suppose in twenty years, if I'm still here, I'll be just as embarrassed about my lilac gray bathroom?

Everything always either looks great or awful in retrospect. I wouldn't be caught dead in mommie jeans with bell bottoms either. But ironically, "hip huggers" have been back in style for several years now. I'm not surprised shag carpeting is back because it was always a great way to hide the fact that I hadn't vacuumed in several weeks.

New Topics

Forum List

Back