The New Media, Because the MSM Has Failed

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Please note, it's not the MSM is failing, if only so, it's failed, flunked, gone kaput.

http://jeffemanuel.blogspot.com/2007/10/does-independent-journalism-from-iraq.html

2. DeadCanDance

DeadCanDance Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +127
    I have no idea what point your trying to make.

That some dude named JeffEmmanualBlogspot.com is a better journalist than Wall Street Journal, NY Times, and International Herald Tribune?

3. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,306
    and this just in from another pov:

"I loved life, my family, my children, and now I am all pieces of flesh, soon I will die and I will die that people who hate me have a demcracy, that is the story today, yesterday it was WMDs, tomorrow who knows. Was Saddam contained we argued, did we have to do this, we argued, doesn't matter, I am dead, and that is the one fact I understand."

4. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    Well, (and no offense Kathianne), Kathianne likes blogs. To me, they're nothing more than opinions and have no more validity than any other opinion. Certainly not worth linking in support of any proposition other than one's opinion.

By the by, Kathianne, I agree that the media has failed, but the failing is not in not putting forth the right-wing propaganda of the Washtimes or Laura Ingraham or the other rabid right press, it's in not holding the admin's feet to the fire for chipping away at checks and balances, the rule of law, our constitutional protections all of which have been run roughshod over for the last 7 years,

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Alpha1

Alpha1 NAVY

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +193
    So you have no clue what point the poster is trying to make? I can believe that, and nice to see you admit to you problem...
    well the is simple enough....the MSM would rather have their in house reporters write about something they have no first hand experience with nor any first hand knowledge of rather than the opposite...
    That is ... printing articles written by the folks that have actually been to, and have first hand knowledge and experience of that of which they write....

namely, this writers, having spent a month with the unit, and having interviewed all participants, walked through the events at the location, and had access to everything and everybody else involved, including the contextual knowledge of the coalition/AQ situation in Samarra.
    So try reading comp. 101 to bone up on your skills....

6. DeadCanDance

DeadCanDance Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +127
    LOL

O-tay! I get it now. This blogger-no-one's-ever-heard-of, this "Jeff Emanuel" guy, is the adminstrator of the wingnut site Redstate.com, he's an public relaions officer for the University of Georgia College Republicans, and he was blogging years ago about how "the tide was turning in Iraq" (while in fact, things were getting worse) -- and were supposed to hold him up as some sort of independent unbiased "journalist".

lol

7. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    FEMA under fire for fake news conference
    DEVLIN BARRETT

Associated Press

October 27, 2007 at 2:56 PM EDT

WASHINGTON — The homeland security chief on Saturday lashed into his own employees for staging a phony news conference at the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

“I think it was one of the dumbest and most inappropriate things I've seen since I've been in government,” Michael Chertoff said.

“I have made unambiguously clear, in Anglo-Saxon prose, that it is not to ever happen again and there will be appropriate disciplinary action taken against those people who exhibited what I regard as extraordinarily poor judgment,” he added.

Asked specifically if he planned to fire anyone at FEMA, which is part of his department, Mr. Chertoff declined to say, citing personnel rules.

Videos

FEMA blasted by its boss

Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff blasts a phony briefing as 'dumbest' thing he's seen in government

FEMA's fake press conference

Federal Emergency Management Agency stages phony news conference about assistance to victims of wildfires in southern California

“There will be appropriate discipline,” he told reporters at a news conference with New York's governor where they announced an agreement on a driver's license plan.

Mr. Chertoff said he knew nothing about the matter until after it happened and that he “can't explain why it happened.”

The White House on Friday scolded FEMA for the faux press conference about assistance to victims of wildfires in southern California.

The agency — much maligned for its sluggish response to Hurricane Katrina over two years ago — arranged to have FEMA employees play the part of reporters at the event Tuesday and question Vice Adm. Harvey E. Johnson, the deputy director.The questions were soft and gratuitous.

YouTube - FEMA's fake press conferencesearch: fake fema news conference ... Join YouTube for a free account, or log in if you are already a member. .... 2007 YouTube, LLC - Give Feedback.
    [ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=071nO9V22jA[/ame] -

8. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    LMAO. I think you covered two of the three allegedly right-leaning media outlets ... wonder if there's enough bytes left on this site to list the lefty ones?:lol:

It is not the media's job to hold ANYONE's feet to the fire for anything ... it's their job to report facts and events.

9. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    What do you think the purpose of the press is. They're the Fourth Estate and they're supposed to not let government operate in the shadows.

10. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162
    I agree jillian, and the media is doing one piss poor job, wouldn't you agree?