The New Left

Tigerlils13

Rookie
Feb 20, 2009
This is my first time joining a political forum. It is my desire to gain fresh incite into the issues affecting us in this day and age by participating in healthy discussion with people outside of my customary circle. As signified by my thread’s title, I am of the leftist persuasion, but I hope that I shall be found to be as open minded as I believe myself to be!

This is my first time joining a political forum. It is my desire to gain fresh incite into the issues affecting us in this day and age by participating in healthy discussion with people outside of my customary circle. As signified by my thread’s title, I am of the leftist persuasion, but I hope that I shall be found to be as open minded as I believe myself to be!

Well you're a rare breed on these boards. Welcome aboard. Are you sure you're a lefty? Are you upset with Obama sending more troops to Afghanistan? Do you believe in Obama and if so, what does that mean to you.

Welcome.

This board is pretty right wing, so we need all the lefties we can get.

Haha, yes, I'm sure that I'm a left wing, anti-NRA, big government, pro-Universal healthcare liberal=P
If it's any consolation, I've been told several times that I actually show conservative tendecies, but I hope those comments were only made in jest.
I shall openly admit that I've heard little about Obama sending troops to Afghanistan, but that I agree with the idea. However, I have my doubts. I am guessing that many of these troops have been pulled out of Iraq. While I believe that gradual withdrawl from Iraq is utterly necessary, I am not firmly supporting sending these troops to Afghanistan, particularly if these troops have already been subjected to several tours of duty, which is a problem being encountered with increasing number. I believe that the psychological needs of our troops must be thoroughly looked into before we can, in good faith, send them to an entriely different country on yet another tour.

Haha, yes, I'm sure that I'm a left wing, anti-NRA, big government, pro-Universal healthcare liberal=P

Oh?

Are those the things that makes on a leftie these days?

I thought those were the hurdles one had to jump to be a Demcorat in good standing.

If it's any consolation, I've been told several times that I actually show conservative tendecies, but I hope those comments were only made in jest.

What is a conservative tendency, anyway?

I shall openly admit that I've heard little about Obama sending troops to Afghanistan, but that I agree with the idea.

Why, exactly do you approve of that?

However, I have my doubts. I am guessing that many of these troops have been pulled out of Iraq. While I believe that gradual withdrawl from Iraq is utterly necessary, I am not firmly supporting sending these troops to Afghanistan, particularly if these troops have already been subjected to several tours of duty, which is a problem being encountered with increasing number. I believe that the psychological needs of our troops must be thoroughly looked into before we can, in good faith, send them to an entriely different country on yet another tour.

Now I am thoroughly confused.

You want the troops already in Iraq to go to Afghanistan, but you believe that their psychological needs have to be looked into, first?

What the fuck does that mean?

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but I am mystified as to what the above actually meant.

The United States, no matter how powerful or wonderful, does not have an infinite supply of troops. If we wish to do a proper job in Afghanistan, then we must transfer troops out of Iraq and into Afghanistan. But what is the point of transferring weary soldiers who are unable to fight due to psychological weariness? Everything must be taken into consideration before our soldiers can be relocated. We say how terrible a tragedy it would be to put our soldiers on the front line without the proper equipment, yes? I believe that a soldier's proper equipment also happens to include his mind. If we put men into battle that are unstable then we are risking more lives than what is, by consensus, monstrously labled necessary.

Welcome.

This board is pretty right wing, so we need all the lefties we can get.

What have YOU been smoking? And what is it laced with? I'm going with kronic laced with dust.

This board is pretty right wing my ass. That just shows how far left YOU are.
everyone else knows already, someone needs to inform the newbies, Chris is a moron
LOL

Wow. Clear, concise, logical post with truthy goodness. I especially thank you for it. Welcome!

Welcomespelledsideways.jpg

Well you're a rare breed on these boards. Welcome aboard. Are you sure you're a lefty? Are you upset with Obama sending more troops to Afghanistan? Do you believe in Obama and if so, what does that mean to you.

Ha, are you kidding me? They day I define myself as a liberal because I agree with Obama's policies would be an interesting day indeed. I am a liberal, very definitely, and mostly obviously.

Not because Obama is a liberal though! I can disagree with most of his policies and still be a liberal if you ask me. Not that I do disagree with Obama. We do need more troops in Afghanistan.

I believe in Obama. Now, I know you asked what it meant to her, but Ima answer the question too. Believing in Obama means believing in sensible, logical, educated government.

Watch fox news for a week from 8 pm to 11 pm
the next week listen to MSNBC same time frame
after this if you are open minded it would be interesting to see where you stand...

Forum List

Back