The New GOP House announces their agenda!!!!

You are an idiot. If cutting taxes for the rich was supposed to create jobs we would already have them. Bush's tax cuts were passed in may of 2006. It's been over four years. Where are all the jobs? The rich haven't been hit hard by this reccession ..interest rates are at rock bottom. What's stopping the rich from creating jobs. Nothing. They never intended to invest their windfall into job creation. That is just another lie you assholes tell like its some economic fact. I'll grant you that it's worked for you so far. Many Americans have fallen for that line of bullshit. When your lies and propaganda finally wear out and the public wakes up from their stupor they are going to be very angry at those that have been leading the charge to give all the wealth to those that need it least and have no desire or need for "opportunity". Many already get it. More are waking up every day. When it reaches critical mass you wont be able to hide behind your fear mongering of gays, god, abortion, guns and fear of a black man in the white house.

Did I mention how much I hate you people?

Bush's tax cuts began in 2003 when the country was in recession that began in the last year of the Clinton admin topped off by 9/11. After the tax cuts millions of jobs were added and the unemployment rate hovered around 5% for most of his 8 years.

Your black Muslim man has ruined the country and now we intend to ruin him.
The Bush Recession started in March of 2001, Clinton was not president then, and Clinton had a UE rate of under 4% that he passed on to Bush who passed a UE rate of over 7% and rising and the Bush Depression that started in Dec 2007 to Obama.

None of the Bush numbers can be believed. More than double his deficit spending was "off budget" and probably therefore more than double his unemployment was "off the books." In 8 years only 1 million jobs were created and 1.5 million new workers entered the labor force each year. That's 12 million new workers in 8 years, 11 million of whom had no jobs. Obviously that 5% UE rate didn't include them.

Believe what you will, you can't deny that Bush's unemployment rate was around 5% for most of his presidency. And your boy's rate is between 9-10% and staying there.

When a Conservative says "freedom" he means money. When a Liberal says "freedom", he means freedom.

You may be right, or not.

I suspect the vast majority of today's conservatives are just brainwashed no nothings from backwater nowhere USA.
I suspect liberals are just commie hacks leftover from the 60's when the communists took over the democratic party.

I hate to tell you this, but the commyists took over the GOP via the neocons. Just ask them.

Bush's tax cuts began in 2003 when the country was in recession that began in the last year of the Clinton admin topped off by 9/11. After the tax cuts millions of jobs were added and the unemployment rate hovered around 5% for most of his 8 years.

Your black Muslim man has ruined the country and now we intend to ruin him.
The Bush Recession started in March of 2001, Clinton was not president then, and Clinton had a UE rate of under 4% that he passed on to Bush who passed a UE rate of over 7% and rising and the Bush Depression that started in Dec 2007 to Obama.

None of the Bush numbers can be believed. More than double his deficit spending was "off budget" and probably therefore more than double his unemployment was "off the books." In 8 years only 1 million jobs were created and 1.5 million new workers entered the labor force each year. That's 12 million new workers in 8 years, 11 million of whom had no jobs. Obviously that 5% UE rate didn't include them.

Believe what you will, you can't deny that Bush's unemployment rate was around 5% for most of his presidency. And your boy's rate is between 9-10% and staying there.
I just did deny Bush's UE rate 5%, no stat from Bush can be trusted. As I pointed out his deficit spending was more than double what he claimed. Bush claims deficit spending for his 8 budgets of $2.5 trillion when his real deficit spending was $6 trillion. Using that same ratio of dishonesty for UE that would make Bush's UE for his 8 years over 12%.

The New GOP House announces their agenda!!!
Oh....I thought you might be referring-to what (that whiny-lil'-Queen) Mitch McConnell was suggesting....

Ol' Mitchie must be feeling some pressure..... :lol:

"A lot has changed since Rand Paul declared victory over his opponent, Trey Grayson, in Kentucky's GOP Senate primary. He made the quick transition from conservative firebrand to establishment dependent, as conservative leaders around the country stood up for him in the wake of a number of very public foot-in-mouth moments. Now, likely on the verge of winning a trip to Washington as Kentucky's Senator, he's again in the driver's seat, saying that people like GOP Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell can't necessarily count on his cooperation."

We feel your pain, Mitchie-BABY!!!! (You and CrusaderFrank!)

544.gif

Last edited:
Obama moved 500,000 jobs to China in a year! We even paid them $1.3 Trillion for that!

Republicans obstructed a bill that would take tax breaks away to corporations that ship jobs overseas.

Sorry, buddy. You're booing at the wrong team if you are worried about that issue.

Liberty is not a government entitlement.

You are an idiot. If cutting taxes for the rich was supposed to create jobs we would already have them. Bush's tax cuts were passed in may of 2006. It's been over four years. Where are all the jobs? The rich haven't been hit hard by this reccession ..interest rates are at rock bottom. What's stopping the rich from creating jobs. Nothing. They never intended to invest their windfall into job creation. That is just another lie you assholes tell like its some economic fact. I'll grant you that it's worked for you so far. Many Americans have fallen for that line of bullshit. When your lies and propaganda finally wear out and the public wakes up from their stupor they are going to be very angry at those that have been leading the charge to give all the wealth to those that need it least and have no desire or need for "opportunity". Many already get it. More are waking up every day. When it reaches critical mass you wont be able to hide behind your fear mongering of gays, god, abortion, guns and fear of a black man in the white house.

Did I mention how much I hate you people?

No liberal you are the idiot, what were the unemployment when Bush was President? And what were they when the democrats took control of congress and obama became president?

What's stopping the rich from creating jobs
Who else creats a job? It is not the government.

Many already get it. More are waking up every day. When it reaches critical mass you wont be able to hide behind your fear mongering of gays, god, abortion, guns and fear of a black man in the white house.

Yep many got this last election thats why they're less liberals in the House and senate. Just keep doing thinking and talking the way you do and 2010 will look like a cake walk compared to what 2012 will look like.

I don't know if I feel right about responding to your posts. It's not like you are a bully. I love destroying bullies. They take unfair advantage. You have no advantage. You don't understand the most rudimentary aspects on the subjects you comment on. You treat politics and the welfare of our country like it is a local high school football game. You are all about us vs them. Ya ya..sport you have the best team..blah blah..blah.. I guess what makes you fair game is that you are here. You have the audacity to bring your hillbilly hick mentality to the USMB. This is a place where you and your dumbass buddies are outclassed and out matched. Your high school quarterback doesn't have the right stuff to sweep out the stadium on this forum. So why do I call you stupid? Does that mean I think I'm the smartest one here at USMB? Certainly not. It is because you need to be told that jusst showing up isn't enough. You probably are not hopeless...but untill you can tell the difference between the lies you repeat and truth... you have a lot of work to do.

You may be right, or not.

I suspect the vast majority of today's conservatives are just brainwashed no nothings from backwater nowhere USA.
I suspect liberals are just commie hacks leftover from the 60's when the communists took over the democratic party.

I hate to tell you this, but the commyists took over the GOP via the neocons. Just ask them.

The Tea Party is designed to weed out the Neocons and RINOS. In 2012, we will take out even more.

My 401K lost 60,000 dollars as a result of Bush.

Now I know this is going to piss you off, but for the same amount of taxes, a German worker needs no 401K or investment scheme or pissed on SS, he gets a full wage retirement, annual vacations, full Health Care, a tax free home, free tv, best transportation system with some of it free. Eventually American workers will wake up and wonder why they are getting shit on? LOL!!! Sorry................:eusa_angel:

Nope.

They won't.

Add in my pension got cut. I am going to get a whopping 348 bucks a month. I did some math and figure no way in heck I can retire.

Republicans unveil their 'Pledge to America'

alg_resize_pledge-to-america.jpg

Republicans on the campaign trail to retake Congress have a new roadmap.

The GOP unveiled its plan to fix the country Thursday, in a document titled "Pledge to America."

Speaking outside a hardware store in a suburb outside Washington, D.C., Republicans vowed to make the country better.

"The land of opportunity has become the land of shrinking prosperity ... Our government has failed us," Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said. "We will take back our country. We will restore for a better future. This is our pledge to you."

The 21-page manifesto gathers familiar talking points for Republicans, such as cutting taxes and slashing government spending.

"A number of people are very cynical about the reliability and the sincerity of either party," Rep. Pete Sessions (R-Texas), the head of the Republicans’ House campaign committee, said.

"We've put things on a sheet of paper."

and here is that piece of paper: A Pledge to America - A New Republican Governing Agenda - GOP.gov

America is more than a country.

America is an idea – an idea that free people can govern themselves, that government’s powers are derived from the consent of the governed, that each of us is endowed by their Creator with the unalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. America is the belief that any man or woman can – given economic, political, and religious liberty – advance themselves, their families, and the common good.

America is an inspiration to those who yearn to be free and have the ability and the dignity to determine their own destiny.

Whenever the agenda of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to institute a new governing agenda and set a different course.

These first principles were proclaimed in the Declaration of Independence, enshrined in the Constitution, and have endured through hard sacrifice and commitment by generations of Americans.

In a self-governing society, the only bulwark against the power of the state is the consent of the governed, and regarding the policies of the current government, the governed do not consent.

An unchecked executive, a compliant legislature, and an overreaching judiciary have combined to thwart the will of the people and overturn their votes and their values, striking down longstanding laws and institutions and scorning the deepest beliefs of the American people.

An arrogant and out-of-touch government of self-appointed elites makes decisions, issues mandates, and enacts laws without accepting or requesting the input of the many.

Rising joblessness, crushing debt, and a polarizing political environment are fraying the bonds among our people and blurring our sense of national purpose.

Like free peoples of the past, our citizens refuse to accommodate a government that believes it can replace the will of the people with its own. The American people are speaking out, demanding that we realign our country’s compass with its founding principles and apply those principles to solve our common problems for the common good.

The need for urgent action to repair our economy and reclaim our government for the people cannot be overstated.

With this document, we pledge to dedicate ourselves to the task of reconnecting our highest aspirations to the permanent truths of our founding by keeping faith with the values our nation was founded on, the principles we stand for, and the priorities of our people. This is our Pledge to America.

We pledge to honor the Constitution as constructed by its framers and honor the original intent of those precepts that have been consistently ignored – particularly the Tenth Amendment, which grants that all powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

We pledge to advance policies that promote greater liberty, wider opportunity, a robust defense, and national economic prosperity.

We pledge to honor families, traditional marriage, life, and the private and faith-based organizations that form the core of our American values.

We pledge to make government more transparent in its actions, careful in its stewardship, and honest in its dealings.

We pledge to uphold the purpose and promise of a better America, knowing that to whom much is given, much is expected and that the blessings of our liberty buoy the hopes of mankind.

We make this pledge bearing true faith and allegiance to the people we represent, and we invite fellow citizens and patriots to join us in forming a new governing agenda for America.

The next two years should be bitchin fun! Let's see if the new GOP can keep their promises!

Sounds big on rhetoric and short on specifics.

The GOP unveiled its plan to fix the country Thursday, in a document titled "Pledge to America."

Speaking outside a hardware store in a suburb outside Washington, D.C., Republicans vowed to make the country better.

"The land of opportunity has become the land of shrinking prosperity ... Our government has failed us," Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said. "We will take back our country. We will restore for a better future. This is our pledge to you."

The 21-page manifesto gathers familiar talking points for Republicans, such as cutting taxes and slashing government spending.

"A number of people are very cynical about the reliability and the sincerity of either party," Rep. Pete Sessions (R-Texas), the head of the Republicans’ House campaign committee, said.

and here is that piece of paper: A Pledge to America - A New Republican Governing Agenda - GOP.gov

America is an idea – an idea that free people can govern themselves, that government’s powers are derived from the consent of the governed, that each of us is endowed by their Creator with the unalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. America is the belief that any man or woman can – given economic, political, and religious liberty – advance themselves, their families, and the common good.

America is an inspiration to those who yearn to be free and have the ability and the dignity to determine their own destiny.

Whenever the agenda of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to institute a new governing agenda and set a different course.

These first principles were proclaimed in the Declaration of Independence, enshrined in the Constitution, and have endured through hard sacrifice and commitment by generations of Americans.

In a self-governing society, the only bulwark against the power of the state is the consent of the governed, and regarding the policies of the current government, the governed do not consent.

An unchecked executive, a compliant legislature, and an overreaching judiciary have combined to thwart the will of the people and overturn their votes and their values, striking down longstanding laws and institutions and scorning the deepest beliefs of the American people.

An arrogant and out-of-touch government of self-appointed elites makes decisions, issues mandates, and enacts laws without accepting or requesting the input of the many.

Rising joblessness, crushing debt, and a polarizing political environment are fraying the bonds among our people and blurring our sense of national purpose.

Like free peoples of the past, our citizens refuse to accommodate a government that believes it can replace the will of the people with its own. The American people are speaking out, demanding that we realign our country’s compass with its founding principles and apply those principles to solve our common problems for the common good.

The need for urgent action to repair our economy and reclaim our government for the people cannot be overstated.

With this document, we pledge to dedicate ourselves to the task of reconnecting our highest aspirations to the permanent truths of our founding by keeping faith with the values our nation was founded on, the principles we stand for, and the priorities of our people. This is our Pledge to America.

We pledge to honor the Constitution as constructed by its framers and honor the original intent of those precepts that have been consistently ignored – particularly the Tenth Amendment, which grants that all powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

We pledge to advance policies that promote greater liberty, wider opportunity, a robust defense, and national economic prosperity.

We pledge to honor families, traditional marriage, life, and the private and faith-based organizations that form the core of our American values.

We pledge to make government more transparent in its actions, careful in its stewardship, and honest in its dealings.

We pledge to uphold the purpose and promise of a better America, knowing that to whom much is given, much is expected and that the blessings of our liberty buoy the hopes of mankind.

We make this pledge bearing true faith and allegiance to the people we represent, and we invite fellow citizens and patriots to join us in forming a new governing agenda for America.

The next two years should be bitchin fun! Let's see if the new GOP can keep their promises!

Sounds big on rhetoric and short on specifics.
They'll just let the Wall Street lobbyists fill in the details.

My 401K lost 60,000 dollars as a result of Bush.

Now I know this is going to piss you off, but for the same amount of taxes, a German worker needs no 401K or investment scheme or pissed on SS, he gets a full wage retirement, annual vacations, full Health Care, a tax free home, free tv, best transportation system with some of it free. Eventually American workers will wake up and wonder why they are getting shit on? LOL!!! Sorry................:eusa_angel:

Nope.

They won't.

Add in my pension got cut. I am going to get a whopping 348 bucks a month. I did some math and figure no way in heck I can retire.

That's the idea. Work till you die. And if you're not dead by the time you can't work anymore, Obama will give you ways to end your life by not paying for costly procedures for old people.

The Tea Party is designed to weed out the Neocons and RINOS. In 2012, we will take out even more.
It appears Karl Rove (NeoCon-hit-man) is returning-fire.....and, takin' Teabagger-scalps!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pApEdyhH8rQ[/ame]

:eusa_whistle:

There are only three things the Republicans have a mandate to do right now (and it's really all they should try to do for the next two years):

1. Firmly, without deviation or inattention to purpose, APPLY THE BRAKES!!!

2. With great single-mindedness, propose legislation that will fix the economy by returning, as best they can, a confidence in the business community that Govt, is done changing the rules of the game and they can return to the field. I don't think any tax-cutting is required beyond making the Bush-era cuts permanent and that's a forgone conclusion now anyway.

a. If the Dems fail to allow passage or Obama vetoes these efforts to fix the economy, then fine, in 2012, the Repubs will get to say that the reason the economy is still in the dumps is the Dems blocked all efforts to fix it, therefore give us more Republicans.

3. Fix the internal systems of the House. Don't give in to the temptation to lock Dems out of Committee rooms like they did. It's enough that Repubs will control the Rules Committee. The minority should have rights, but the majority should rule.

This is a small first step. It was a large victory in the House and more importantly in the state houses, but this is just a first step. Many more will be needed to roll back 80 years of social democracy. To get there, we need to begin small and focused. If we do, then there will be time to do the rest. If we don't, we risk certain and early losses. Nothing major can occur in a forward direction until the Repubs have at least a 5 seat majority in the Senate and that is at least 2 years away.

There are only three things the Republicans have a mandate to do right now (and it's really all they should try to do for the next two years):

1. Firmly, without deviation or inattention to purpose, APPLY THE BRAKES!!!

2. With great single-mindedness, propose legislation that will fix the economy by returning, as best they can, a confidence in the business community that Govt, is done changing the rules of the game and they can return to the field. I don't think any tax-cutting is required beyond making the Bush-era cuts permanent and that's a forgone conclusion now anyway.

a. If the Dems fail to allow passage or Obama vetoes these efforts to fix the economy, then fine, in 2012, the Repubs will get to say that the reason the economy is still in the dumps is the Dems blocked all efforts to fix it, therefore give us more Republicans.

3. Fix the internal systems of the House. Don't give in to the temptation to lock Dems out of Committee rooms like they did. It's enough that Repubs will control the Rules Committee. The minority should have rights, but the majority should rule.

This is a small first step. It was a large victory in the House and more importantly in the state houses, but this is just a first step. Many more will be needed to roll back 80 years of social democracy. To get there, we need to begin small and focused. If we do, then there will be time to do the rest. If we don't, we risk certain and early losses. Nothing major can occur in a forward direction until the Repubs have at least a 5 seat majority in the Senate and that is at least 2 years away.
Fixing the economy (less than 6% unemployment and 4% growth) will hand the president a second term. Most folks vote their wallets.

How does that align with the stated goal of the GOP Congressional leadership? They say their primary goal is defeating the president in 2012. And THAT would hand Mr. Obama a second term. Folks want solutions to problems and the GOP leadership thinks all they should do is continue to play politics.

The first thing on jobs.
Pass a Law that any US corporation that outsources overseas and reduces jobs here will pay a 25% tarif on all goods they import to the USA.
Make in not profitable for them to outsource.

A local company here got a non repaiable state loan to locate here as long as they kept as least 45 employees here. They set up manufacturing here hired approx 100 more manufacturing employees, kept it a few years then outsourced all of the manufacturing overseas and kept exactly 45 management employees here....

Our tax dollars funding outsourcing.

Last edited:

In other words, they'll be just a tad better than the DNC? How hard is THAT? The equivalent of falling in your face in the mud.

Forum List

Back