The New Golden Age Of NFL QBs..

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
Brady, Eli and Payton ...

Step aside.. The new golden age of QBs is dawning.

Wilson...RG3.... Andrew Luck ...are ALL better than any rookie QBs EVER were..

IMHO... the next ten years will be dominated by this years crop of QBs.

This years top college QBs are not going to make a dent in next years NFL..

That is a two year head start for maturity in Wilson.. RG3 and Andrew Luck.

Every QB record is on the table for these three to take.

I worry about RG III

He looks like he will have a short career. It is a shame because he is the most spectacular of the bunch

I worry about RG III

He looks like he will have a short career. It is a shame because he is the most spectacular of the bunch

I agree. He acts like he is a runing back. He is going to get hit too many times. Luck will be the big yardage passer for the future and Wilson will set unbelievable TD marks.

RG3 will probably last 2 maybe 3 years and like Vick turn out to be a non factor.

I fear for Wilson too. He seems to see 360 degrees of the field but that is impossible. Those great escapes he keeps pulling off can't work forever. Eventually a defense will devise a "special" trap for him and he will get hit hard.

No offensive scheme is un-solveable.on it's own having to stop just one player. That is if the team doesn't have a great running game. As long as Wilson has The Beast to threaten an opponents defensive with he has a remarkable advantage.

As easy as Wilson made it look last Sunday I was surprised Kanerpicknickle was stopped almost completely in his tracks. Most pundits thought the SF QB was actually more of a threat than Wilson.

The most valuable players on future defenses will be athletic speed demons on the ends.

I worry about RG III

I agree to some extent. He is already injured in his knee. the Redskins are trying to keep him in the pocket now..sad..that isn't his game. A knee injury like his takes months to recover from. All it takes is one solid hit and he will be done for the season and come back slow next year.

As for exciting.. I'll go with Wilson. His runs are not just exciting ..he adds an element of comedy as the defenses he faces get run in circles "Keystone Cop Style".

Rams vs. Russell Wilson: The chase is on

A jet traveling at 600 mph could have covered 2.6 miles in the time Russell Wilson was scrambling behind the line of scrimmage on one memorable play Sunday night.

Sprinter Usain Bolt could have run 150 meters with time to spare.

The time Wilson spent scrambling in the Seattle Seahawks' backfield before running for a 6-yard gain -- 15.7 seconds -- made this play the most time-consuming of its kind in the NFL this season.

Rams vs. Russell Wilson: The chase is on - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

I fear for Payton Manning in the Super Bowl.

Will Peyton Manning ever fully recover from his spinal nerve injury?
Edward Pullen, MD | Conditions | March 15, 2012

Does muscle weakness improve after disc surgery?

For an NFL fan arguably the best thing that could happen to your team is to sign Peyton Manning and have him perform at or near his pre-injury level. The corollary is that one of the worst things to happen to your team would be to take a huge salary cap hit to get a Peyton Manning with such weak throwing arm that even with his experience and determination he is unable to excel or that he is re-injured and unable to play. The opportunity to get a Super Bowl champion, 4-time MVP, and future Hall of Fame quarterback who suddenly has become available to lead your team to a championship makes it easy to overlook the nature of spinal nerve injuries and cervical spine surgery.

The excitement and media heyday surrounding Peyton Manning neck surgery and his recent free agency prompted me to post about the nature of weakness from spinal nerve injury, and what can be expected in terms of recovery of strength and function. The real issues come down to two questions:

1.Is the nerve injury he has sustained to his cervical nerve root significant enough to cause irreversible weakness that will render him unable to perform at a level close to his previous superstar status. How much more recovery of strength can he expect.
2.Is he going to be able to hold up to the trauma he will be subject to as an NFL quarterback?
Let’s look at these one at a time.

How much of Manning’s arm weakness can he recover? The real key to how successful Mr. Manning is going to be in his comeback hinges on the degree of chronic nerve injury he has sustained. Most of the time once a spinal nerve had been injured leading to muscle weakness, if the weakness persists for very long the damage is permanent. It is not clear how long Manning had been having weakness prior to his single-level fusion procedure, but it is certainly concerning that he had undergone at least 2 prior microdiscectomy procedures and that with a player as valuable to his team and generally competitive as Manning it seems unlikely that he chose to stop playing and have surgery at the first sign of weakness.

The Donkeys should easily make it to the big show but Seattle attacks on defense with such overwhelming speed.

The possibility of Manning getting re-injured is high.

I hope he survives the game.

The golden age of quarterbacks ended almost a decade ago. At it's peak in the 80s you had Dan Marino, Joe Montana, Jim Kelly, Jim Everett, Warren Moon, John Elway, and Troy Aikman all actively playing.

Many of the QBs, the rookies that are celebrated right now, don't last long. Basically they are running backs who can throw. Quickly, injuries slow them down and they are forced to throw more and that's when they can't cut it any more.

The golden age of quarterbacks ended almost a decade ago. At it's peak in the 80s you had Dan Marino, Joe Montana, Jim Kelly, Jim Everett, Warren Moon, John Elway, and Troy Aikman all actively playing.

Many of the QBs, the rookies that are celebrated right now, don't last long. Basically they are running backs who can throw. Quickly, injuries slow them down and they are forced to throw more and that's when they can't cut it any more.

Ended almost a decade ago? Bwuh? You do know it's 2012, right?

Jim Everette?

:lmao:

Last edited:

Jim Everette?

Chrissy?

Jim Everette?

Fine, you could remove Everett and it still wouldn't matter. We'll likely never see the likes of that much QB talent on the field again.

Jim Everette?

Dumbass, you're tiny brain cannot comprehend that an era can last longer than some of it's parts? Try thinking once in a while.

Brady, the two Mannings, Aaron Rodgers, Brees, Rothlesberger and now Luck, RG3 and Wilson coming up?

Not too shabby

Jim Everette?

Fine, you could remove Everett and it still wouldn't matter. We'll likely never see the likes of that much QB talent on the field again.

You are seeing it right now.

You are at the beginning of a three year window of Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Manning, Brees, Luck, RG3, and Wilson.

Brady, the two Mannings, Aaron Rodgers, Brees, Rothlesberger and now Luck, RG3 and Wilson coming up?

Not too shabby

No, it isn't. Let's see how long Luck, RGIII and Wilson last then we can know.

I'd still take Marino, Montana, Kelly, Moon, Aikman, and Elway over them right now.

Jim Everette?

Dumbass, you're tiny brain cannot comprehend that an era can last longer than some of it's parts? Try thinking once in a while.

No, I get it. Your post is still retarded.

Not too shabby

No, it isn't. Let's see how long Luck, RGIII and Wilson last then we can know.

I'd still take Marino, Montana, Kelly, Moon, Aikman, and Elway over them right now.

First off....you left off Steve Young (for Jim Everett?)

We will know better in about five years as to who comes out better. Right now, we have as good a group of QBs as I have seen in my lifetime. Hard to compare eras as the rules make it easier to pass. But the throws I see them complete and the reading of Defenses and audibles is spectacular.

Jim Everette?

You are not paying attention..or perhaps you haven't seen the stats from the first 15 games of the season. Wilson is one TD shy of the rookie QB passing record set by Peyton Manning. It is highly likely Wilson will break that record tommorow. RG3 and Luck are not that far behind. The only one of the group I fear will not prevail long is RG3. He already has a serioius knee injury which is never a good sign.

Forum List

Back