The New Definition of Gay Tolerance..Just what Those Opposed Thought it WAS!!

Well, what do you think kids do when their parents teach them to hate, or at least be intolerant?

Gays need to be told that the choices they make are wrong instead of coddling them because you are afraid of hurting their whittle feelings boo hoo.

What you call victimization I call tough love.

Most parents don't teach their kids to hate but most do teach them right from wrong, guess you don't think they should do that if it might hurt someone's feelings, something that is probably already hurt since they are not in a normal child-parent realationship either missing a father or viceversa.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Well, what do you think kids do when their parents teach them to hate, or at least be intolerant?

Jillian for Gods sake why do you assume every parent is teaching their kids to hate like that? What you are really saying here is that any parent that dares to tell their kids it's immoral to live a gay lifestyle is teaching them to hate, that they have no right to do so even if it conflicts with their Christian moral beliefs, and schools MUST step in and be surrogate parents and teach REAL morality. That is the kind of ridiculous pervasive, ARROGANT, and, insulting mindset that seems to grip liberals. So I'll ask how dare you assume all that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jillian for Gods sake why do you assume every parent is teaching their kids to hate like that? What you are really saying here is that any parent that dares to tell their kids it's immoral to live a gay lifestyle is teaching them to hate, that they have no right to do so even if it conflicts with their Christian moral beliefs, and schools MUST step in and be surrogate parents and teach REAL morality. That is the kind of ridiculous pervasive, and, insulting mindset that seems to grip liberals. So I'll ask how dare you assume all that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's simple.

Jillian believes that she and the others who don't believe that the the Bible's teachings and Christian moral values are correct.

She is right. Christians are wrong.

Jillian for Gods sake why do you assume every parent is teaching their kids to hate like that? What you are really saying here is that any parent that dares to tell their kids it's immoral to live a gay lifestyle is teaching them to hate, that they have no right to do so even if it conflicts with their Christian moral beliefs, and schools MUST step in and be surrogate parents and teach REAL morality. That is the kind of ridiculous pervasive, and, insulting mindset that seems to grip liberals. So I'll ask how dare you assume all that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are those parents and other adults who teach kids that homosexuality is wrong but to not hate homosexuals or children of homosexuals. There are those who teach hate. There are people who teach that homosexuality is okay. Perhaps there are those who even encourage homosexual behavior. Some may even assault those who oppose the homosexual lifestyle. There are those who teach kids that abortion is wrong and leave it at that. There are those who encourage others to harass abortion clinic employees and even kill doctors. There are Muslims who each kids that theirs is the correct religion but to tolerate those of other religions. There are Muslims who teach and encourage children to destroy those who are not Muslim. Adults come in all shapes, sizes, views and moderations.

As for formal education, this issue is one big reason why I think that it should be privatized and that there should be school choice. If you want your children taught that homosexuality is wrong, take your kid to a school that says so. If you think that homosexuality is okay, take your kid to a school that says so. It is as simple as that.

If you want your child to have Christianity emphasized take him to a school that promotes Christianity. If you want your child taught in a school that minimizes Christianity (or perhaps even negatively criticizes Christianity) take your kid there.

In summary, I think that I’m saying that parents (right or wrong /moral, immoral, or amoral / kind or cruel) should have the final say in how to educate (or indoctrinate) their children.

Mattskramer...In summary, I think that I’m saying that parents (right or wrong /moral, immoral, or amoral / kind or cruel) should have the final say in how to educate (or indoctrinate) their children.

I agree with that completely and in a perfect world there would be that kind of choice readily available to all parents, but that's a whole other debate. The problem is teachers unions have made a monopoly of themselves with a very clear aganda of indoctrination of what THEY feel is best for kids whether parents agree or not, and with no real accountability. So for now parents do have a couple of options, one being to home school which is difficult in families with two working parents, or to spend the extra money above the taxes they already pay for public school and send their kids to private. The other is for parents to stay very active in their school system and scream at the top of their lungs when they see the schools getting out of line, bringing attention to, and, making their schools accountable to the people that pay their salaries. That is starting to happen as parents who once blindly trusted schools are now paying more attention. At some point if this doesn't work I think you will see more and more people yank their kids out of public schools altogether which will ultimately be the slow demise of the unions, and the public school systems.

Parents HURT children by failing to teach some 'hate' and 'intolerance'.

Off the top of my head, my kids will learn to hate:

Evil.
Injustice.
Sin.
Cottage Cheese.
Political Correctness.

My kids will learn to be intolerant of:

Things they hate.

Cottage cheese gets a bad rap, it's a good source of protein
:mm:

It has it's moments - like Canadian Idol, the most redundent of all Idols. :D

But seriously, I think in many cases, children will carry some of what their parents taught them into adulthood, like it or not.

It's simple.

Jillian believes that she and the others who don't believe that the the Bible's teachings and Christian moral values are correct.

She is right. Christians are wrong.

It's simple.

GotZoom believes, that he and the others who do believe that the Bible's teachings and Christian moral values, are correct.
Christianity is right. Others are wrong.

It's simple.

GotZoom believes, that he and the others who do believe that the Bible's teachings and Christian moral values, are correct.

Wow.

I think this is the most sense you have made since you started posting on this board.

Very good.

So did the founders of this country.

I guess you don't know your history either. No surprise.

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/farrell_till/myth.html

And Zoom, baby.... it's not that I think Christians are wrong. I don't think faith CAN be wrong, same as one can't be wrong in one's "feelings". They are what they are. I simply don't share the beliefs.

And it's the ramming those beliefs down the throats of those of us who don't share them that I respond to.

But carry on.

And Zoom, baby.... it's not that I think Christians are wrong. I don't think faith CAN be wrong, same as one can't be wrong in one's "feelings". They are what they are. I simply don't share the beliefs.

And it's the ramming those beliefs down the throats of those of us who don't share them that I respond to.

But carry on.

Read the writings of the founders, they were deeply influenced by their CHRISTIAN faith. This guy is leading you on a wild goose chase.

But carry on.

The more I read this article the more it pisses me off. You guys are so fucking obvious its not even funny, the repeated usage of anybody with Christian beliefs as Christian fundamentalists is absolutely stupid, its a catchphrase meant to veer people from the truth.

Read the personal stories of the people who came over originally and why they came over, wasn't a whole lot of Jews or Muslims amongst them.

Check out http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/ and carefully read through the apparent passages of Injustice, Absurdity, Cruelty and Violence, intolerance, and contradictions alone in the Bible. Do so carefully and with an analytical and open mind. Can you, then, honestly say that you believe in every passage of the Bible as being right? I can’t do it. So then, from where do we get the notion of “right and wrong?” I really enjoyed reading “Shouting Fire: Civil Liberties in a Turbulent Age”. Basically, Human rights come from human wrongs. Only by looking closely at past injustice we can construct a theory and law that attempts a more perfect justice.

The more I read this article the more it pisses me off. You guys are so fucking obvious its not even funny, the repeated usage of anybody with Christian beliefs as Christian fundamentalists is absolutely stupid, its a catchphrase meant to veer people from the truth.

Read the personal stories of the people who came over originally and why they came over, wasn't a whole lot of Jews or Muslims amongst them.

Actually, the Founding Fathers were deists and detested the church. They wanted it as far away from government as possible. And I'm really not interested in the stories of "the people who came over" because they aren't the ones who created our Constitution. And the folk you're talking about fought like crazy to get their religion codified... the founding fathers would have none of it.

It's simple.

Yes Christians believe in what they believe in, so what? If your waiting for apolgies on that don't hold your breath. All people have a right to make value judgements for themselves and their children, and it's no one else's business to step in and say otherwise, especially not government, or does that work for liberals only?

Forum List

Back