The New Definition of Gay Tolerance..Just what Those Opposed Thought it WAS!!

Since when are such "reality" matters supposed to be on a second grader's curriculum in the first place?
If so, why not just bring in Jerry Springer's "reality" show to teach the kids? :fifty:

You've got to be kidding. What grade do we drop the "make believe" and "let's pretend" curriculum then...or do we wait until they graduate from college?

Except we aren't talking about teaching kids to accept homosexuals, but their children. If Heather's parents are homosexuals, she shouldn't have to suffer because her classmates' parents don't condone their lifestyle.

What suffering? Where is the mass torture of kids who have two same sex parents? And yes kids are being taught to embrace homosexuality as they would their own family lifestyle, and that is a morality call, not simple discipline of teaching kids to not pick on one another.

You've got to be kidding. What grade do we drop the "make believe" and "let's pretend" curriculum then...or do we wait until they graduate from college?

So we need school for this or parents??? I thought school was for teaching knowledge not values??

So how about a ciriculum entitled "Heather has two Christian parents a mom and dad" so that children will be sensitive to Christian kids and not make fun of them???

There is no reason to teach second graders about the existence of "two mommy" families. If a kid happens to see "two mommys" he can go ask his own mommy about it if he wants. Most kids will probably not even notice.

Should we also have the kids read about S&M "reality" in case some parents show up wearing some of their S&M garb? Ridiculous.

You have no sense of propriety.

What suffering? Where is the mass torture of kids who have two same sex parents?
Are you saying "anything short of mass torture" is an acceptable manner in which to treat a classmate? I highly doubt you are, so I'll ask...what kind of ill treatment is acceptable towards children of homosexual couples?

And yes kids are being taught to embrace homosexuality

Prove it! And "Heather's Two Mommies" doesn't constitute proof of the bolded statement.

There is no reason to teach second graders about the existence of "two mommy" families. If a kid happens to see "two mommys" he can go ask his own mommy about it if he wants. Most kids will probably not even notice.

Should we also have the kids read about S&M "reality" in case some parents show up wearing some of their S&M garb? Ridiculous.

You have no sense of propriety.

Your argument is no more than extreme taken to absurdity if you equate being made aware of same sex couples with learning about S&M. Your case is so weak, you have to resort to this bullshit?

Are you saying "anything short of mass torture" is an acceptable manner in which to treat a classmate? I highly doubt you are, so I'll ask...what kind of ill treatment is acceptable towards children of homosexual couples?

Prove it! And "Heather's Two Mommies" doesn't constitute proof of the bolded statement.

LOL of course not, and how about we let parents decide to tell their kids to treat all kids with equal respect. It's a simple thing. But this whole argument of kids being subjected to cruelty and being outcasts because they come from a homosexual family is ridiculous as in it's not happening save for maybe the the few isolated incidents, which in no way constitutes the need for mass school ciriculums on respecting kids with same sex parents.. Some Kids are cruel to handicapped, learning impaired, uncool, religious, and different kids, that won't change so Ill ask again how about a book entitled "Tommy's two Christian parents" in school so that we can makes sure no kids tease any kids for any reason what so ever??? Why place homosexuality on a pedastal and not anything else??

On weekends Heather and her two mommies spend lots of time together. On sunny days they go to the park. On rainy days they stay inside and bake cookies. Heather likes to eat two gingersnaps and drink a big glass of milk....

..."I don't have a daddy," Heather says. She'd never thought about it before. Did everyone except Heather have a daddy? Heather's forehead wrinkles up and she begins to cry.
Molly picks up Heather and gives her a hug. "Not everyone has a daddy," Molly says. "You have two mommies. That's pretty special. Miriam doesn't have a daddy either. She has a mommy and a baby sister. That's pretty special too."

Reprinted by permission from Alyson Publications. Copyright 1990, 2000 by Leslea Newman. All rights reserved.

Daddy's Roommate
Michael Willhoite
Written for children five to 10 years of age, this book uses simple language and color illustration. The main character and narrator is a young boy who talks about his Daddy and his Daddy's roommate, Frank. He mentions all the fun activities the three do together, including going to the beach and the zoo. The book concludes with the statement, "Being gay is just one more kind of love. And love is the best kind of happiness."

Heather Has Two Mommies
Lesléa Newman
Illustrated by Diana Souza
Written for children three to eight years of age, this book talks about Heather and her two lesbian mothers. It is written in simple language and is adorned with charcoal illustrations. The book emphasizes that each family is special and that love is what is important.

http://www.familiesaretalking.org/resources/sexual_orientation.html

"Heather acted like it was perfectly normal that she loved another woman, and I'd felt all proud of myself for treating it that way, too. [...] I didn't think there was anything wrong with a woman loving another woman, or a man loving another man." Kissing Kate, by Lauren Myracle

"When the picnic was almost over, Daddy and Frank took me to the garden swing to talk. Daddy said, 'Nick, we want to invite you to a special occasion next month. We're going to get married'." Daddy's Wedding, by Michael Willhoit.

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/7377.html

And that's the milder stuff in these books.

LOL of course not, and how about we let parents decide to tell their kids to treat all kids with equal respect. It's a simple thing. But this whole argument of kids being subjected to cruelty and being outcasts because they come from a homosexual family is ridiculous as in it's not happening save for maybe the the few isolated incidents, which in no way constitutes the need for mass school ciriculums on respecting kids with same sex parents.. Some Kids are cruel to handicapped, learning impaired, uncool, religious, and different kids, that won't change so Ill ask again how about a book entitled "Tommy's two Christian parents" in school so that we can makes sure no kids tease any kids for any reason what so ever??? Why place homosexuality on a pedastal and not anything else??

If the majority of the kids in school are Christian, why would they need to be introduced to a Christian family concept? They live it everyday.

But, to be fair, introduce the kids to as many different lifestyles and cultures as possible, including Christianity. I just find the "3 monkey" approach infantile and counter-productive.

If the majority of the kids in school are Christian, why would they need to be introduced to a Christian family concept? They live it everyday.

But, to be fair, introduce the kids to as many different lifestyles and cultures as possible, including Christianity. I just find the "3 monkey" approach infantile and counter-productive.

Yes you would think so, but there are cases of kids being teased for being fundamental Christian as well as every other kind of teasing. Point is where do we draw the line? Keep schools out of it completely OR like you said allow all points of view even religious ones. I would opt for keeping schools neutral then there is no line to be crossed, and let parents do their jobs at home.

Yes you would think so, but there are cases of kids being teased for being fundamental Christian as well as every other kind of teasing. Point is where do we draw the line? Keep schools out of it completely OR like you said allow all points of view even religious ones. I would opt for keeping schools neutral then there is no line to be crossed, and let parents do their jobs at home.

Along with learning the 3 R's, school is where kids learn to interact with other people, and most of the time, people who are different than they are. They will carry this interactive behavior with them into adulthood. I don't see what's to be gained by churning out millions of kids who have no use for anyone not in their clique.

Your argument is no more than extreme taken to absurdity if you equate being made aware of same sex couples with learning about S&M. Your case is so weak, you have to resort to this bullshit?

Exactly what planet do you live on? You think same sex "parents" are "normal", not abnormal - like S&M is abnormal? The majority of parents on this planet do NOT consider or want their children being taught that homosexual "parents" are "normal".

BTW, the "reality" (since you are into "reality") is that there is no such thing as "two mommies" being parents of a child. It still takes a mommy and a daddy to create a child - at least on this planet....so why should we be teaching our children fake stuff?

The majority of parents on this planet do NOT consider or want their children being taught that homosexual "parents" are "normal".
In your opinion of course.

BTW, the "reality" (since you are into "reality") is that there is no such thing as "two mommies" being parents of a child. It still takes a mommy and a daddy to create a child - at least on this planet....so why should we be teaching our children fake stuff?

And, if I can present a scenario that it's possible for two women to both have a biological connection to the same child, what then?

Along with learning the 3 R's, school is where kids learn to interact with other people, and most of the time, people who are different than they are. They will carry this interactive behavior with them into adulthood. I don't see what's to be gained by churning out millions of kids who have no use for anyone not in their clique.

If you want to talk reality, then it is reality that we will all be "not included in every clique" from nursery school to highschool, to college, to the office and well into adulthood, that's life, which is why it is a parents job to teach their kids to respect all those different from them. I have to laugh when I hear people say school just like government is the answer to all societies ills. That is simply not living in reality. I find it also very ironic that teaching Christian values is taboo in public school but it is precisely the Christian teachings and other religions that say love thy neighbor and treat all with respect as we are all made in God's image and likeness.

I have no problem with schools teaching kids to get along, but there is no need for indoctrination into Homosexuality to achieve this.

How can liberals have it both ways? No Christian religion but the religion of secular humanism is perfectly okay?? Yeah right:laugh:

If you want to talk reality, then it is reality that we will all be "not included in every clique" from nursery school to highschool, to college, to the office and well into adulthood, that's life, which is why it is a parents job to teach their kids to respect all those different from them. I have to laugh when I hear people say school just like government is the answer to all societies ills. That is simply not living in reality. I find it also very ironic that teaching Christian values is taboo in public school but it is precisely the Christian teachings and other religions that say love thy neighbor and treat all with respect as we are all made in God's image and likeness.

So your answer to all societies ills would be to have schools teach Christian values? How exactly would that not be having the schools do the parents and clergy's job? Or is this notion only laughable when schools are being used to teach something you disagree with?

How can liberals have it both ways? No Christian religion but the religion of secular humanism is perfectly okay?? Yeah right:laugh:

We can open another thread to debate whether secularism is a religion if you'd like, but I'm pretty sure that horse died a long time ago. :laugh:

In your opinion of course.

And, if I can present a scenario that it's possible for two women to both have a biological connection to the same child, what then?

Let me guess ... an egg taken from one woman, fertilized and placed into the second woman. Hardly anything normal about THAT.

Let me guess ... an egg taken from one woman, fertilized and placed into the second woman. Hardly anything normal about THAT.

Is implanting a donor egg fertilized by the husbands sperm into an infertile woman so the couple can have a child any more "normal"? Besides, SE used the word "fake", as in impossible.

Is implanting a donor egg fertilized by the husbands sperm into an infertile woman so the couple can have a child any more "normal"? Besides, SE used the word "fake", as in impossible.

Point is, two people of the same gender as parents for a child is NOT normal. Normal is "Mom and Dad." No amount of twisting can change something so simple.

Are you gay?

I'm just curious if you're arguing so stupidly to defend your life style choice, or if you're just one of those people who loves to argue the stupid side on a message board just to irritate people.

Keep Heather Has Two Mommies away from my kid. Thank you.

Point is, two people of the same gender as parents for a child is NOT normal. Normal is "Mom and Dad." No amount of twisting can change something so simple.

"NOT normal" doesn't mean anything more that different when it comes to same sex parents. My question to you is "so what?"

Are you gay?

I'm just curious if you're arguing so stupidly to defend your life style choice, or if you're just one of those people who loves to argue the stupid side on a message board just to irritate people.

Keep Heather Has Two Mommies away from my kid. Thank you.

Are you an asshole or just pretending to be one to irritate me?

No, I'm not gay. That fact doesn't preclude me from having opinions about the treatment of gays or an opinion on some of the bullshit theories about them.

If you disagree with my opinions, present your own or STFU!

Forum List

Back