The new Dark Shadows movie

Misty

Gold Member
Aug 11, 2009
So here's where I reveal my true nerdiness but i am very upset about the new Tim Burton Johnny Depp dark shadows movie. They made it a comedy.

Anyone who watched the original series knows that barnabas Collins was a tortured soul damned to live eternity in torment over his lost love, josette.

I predict this movie will bomb and the name of Johnny Depp with be tarnished forever. So sad. :(

i am not a tim burton fan......i knew it was gonna be a comedy but i still think its gonna suck....i wont be rushing out to pay for it in the theater

I saw a trailer for it on TV last night and it was so CGI intensive I thought it was a cartoon, like Avatar.

I still can't be sure it isn't.

So here's where I reveal my true nerdiness but i am very upset about the new Tim Burton Johnny Depp dark shadows movie. They made it a comedy.

Anyone who watched the original series knows that barnabas Collins was a tortured soul damned to live eternity in torment over his lost love, josette.

I predict this movie will bomb and the name of Johnny Depp with be tarnished forever. So sad. :(

I never watched the original, so I have no problem with Tim Burton making it however he wants...

and, from the previews, it looks like it's gonna be fun...

To me, it looks like Barnabas is Edward Scissorhands, without the hands.

And I'll be seeing it for my big sister, because her sacrifice is seeing Marvel Avengers with me. :)

I remember watching the original, It gave me nightmares. Don't know if I want to see this in the theater or wait until it comes out on DVD.

Forum List

Back