The New Covenant: Who still believes it?

Does christianity teach that Jesus is required for salvation for Non jews only?

• Yes. Christianity teaches that Christ is for non jews, the jew's covenant is still inact.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Not according to the New Testament. But you already knew that. If the word "gaining" is throwing you off, pay it no mind; it's just my word.

Hang on now a sec. You mean nothing is required from a Christian other than to accept what Christ has given him/her ?

Hang on now a sec. You mean nothing is required from a Christian other than to accept what Christ has given him/her ?

Yes. But "accept" doesn't just mean "acknowledge." If you "accept" Christ, you are agreeing to an exchange. His life for yours.

Yes. But "accept" doesn't just mean "acknowledge." If you "accept" Christ, you are agreeing to an exchange. His life for yours.

I'm trying to stay open minded here about the y'alls' concept of grace but I'm not getting it. Exchange lives ? How does one do that ?

I'm trying to stay open minded here about the y'alls' concept of grace but I'm not getting it. Exchange lives ? How does one do that ?

* No one is good enough to earn salvation. Every person has sinned, and therefore falls short of God's perfect standard.

*Grace is given by God. It's a gift that we don't deserve, yet He chooses to give it anyway.

*His gift is this: That He took pity on our condition of imperfection and made a way for us to be restored to Him.

*Jesus lived a sinless life. Yet, He still paid the price of sin--- He died. He chose to do this for us to fulfill God's demand for justice... death for sin.

*Since Jesus had no sin Himself, He chose to use His death to cover our sins.

*In order to accept His offering, we agree to give up the ownership of our lives, live our lives for Him, to submit our wills to His.

* No one is good enough to earn salvation. Every person has sinned, and therefore falls short of God's perfect standard.

*Grace is given by God. It's a gift that we don't deserve, yet He chooses to give it anyway.

*His gift is this: That He took pity on our condition of imperfection and made a way for us to be restored to Him.

*Jesus lived a sinless life. Yet, He still paid the price of sin--- He died. He chose to do this for us to fulfill God's demand for justice... death for sin.

*Since Jesus had no sin Himself, He chose to use His death to cover our sins.

*In order to accept His offering, we agree to give up the ownership of our lives, live our lives for Him, to submit our wills to His.

We submit and act accordingly---effort is required. That's my only point. Talking a good game isn't enough. Faith without works is dead--we still have to do the legwork even though grace has been granted.

We submit and act accordingly---effort is required. That's my only point. Talking a good game isn't enough. Faith without works is dead--we still have to do the legwork even though grace has been granted.

Yep. Although some people do believe that You can acknowledge the truth about Jesus, get dunked, then go on living just as you wish. It takes EXTREME effort to submit our wills on a daily basis... the stronger the will, the more painful the effort. :(

Yep. Although some people do believe that You can acknowledge the truth about Jesus, get dunked, then go on living just as you wish. It takes EXTREME effort to submit our wills on a daily basis... the stronger the will, the more painful the effort. :(

Ego and desire are pretty much the enemies. Once you get over a few humps the going gets easier. Rewards encourage you to continue.

Who believes that christianity teaches that christ's death marked a new covenant for all of humanity? And that ALL humans must be save through christ?

How many believe that christianity teaches christ's death covenant marked a new covenant with non jews and that gods covenant with the jews is still intact, and the jews, therefore, do not need jesus for salvation?

Check out Romans Chapter 1..........very explicit.

Verses 16 and 17:
16. "For I am not ashamed of the gospel(good news of Christ), for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first, and also to the Greek(Gentile).17. "For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith, as it is written, "But the righteous man shall live by faith."."

Forum List

Back