The New Center Of Technology - Israel's mega projects for the next 12 year

A New Gateway to Israel - The Ramon International Airport

Humanity is yet to reach planet Mars, but these Israeli researchers taking part in the D-MARS project in the Israeli desert got as close as anyone ever has to experience what life on the red planet would be like. Watch how: Israel ישראל on Twitter

4029298738.jpg

Last edited:
The International Airport "Ramon" in Timna will open on January 22, 2019,
two weeks after the death of Rona Ramon Z"l. In the first stage, Arkia and Israir domestic flights will be operated, and later international commercial flights of foreign airlines.

Dvq68d_WkAEoYRA.jpg

‘Beresheet’ spacecraft ready for 2019 launch

Beresheet spacecraft ready for launch in Florida

The Israeli ‘Beresheet’, or genesis, spacecraft, has now finally arrived at the Cape Canaveral Air-Force base in Florida from where it’s set to be launched to the moon next month.

The traffic lights will communicate with the cars: the experiment that may reduce waiting at intersections
An innovative system developed at Ben Gurion University will alert passengers when the traffic light changes to red and will provide a warning shortly before the green light begins

An era when traffic lights will communicate with smart cars and tell them when the traffic light turns red or how to 'catch' a green wave, looks closer than ever.Another step towards the future is being made on the streets of Be'er Sheva , as part of an experiment conducted by researchers from Ben-Gurion University of the Negev with the participation of 100 local drivers.During the experiment, which is being held for the open day for undergraduate studies this month at the university, a dedicated application developed for a smart cellular device will operate and receive real-time data from traffic lights at key intersections in Be'er Sheva.

The new system will alert the passengers when the traffic light turns red and stop, and will provide the driver with a red warning in the red light shortly before the green light begins.

The aim of the experiment, led by Prof. Hillel Bar-Gera, Dr. Avinoam Borovsky and Prof. Gilad Ravid of the Department of Industrial Engineering and Management, is to examine the effect of traffic-light communication applications on drivers 'behavior and to examine the effects of such behavior on drivers' behavior. Be'er Sheva Drivers will drive the streets of Masada - Yehuda Halevi - the liberators - Regger, will experience the use of the system, when their behavior will be documented all the time, and they will be asked about its use.

"The system was examined in a preliminary study conducted in the driving simulator at Ben-Gurion University, and was found to have a very high potential both in terms of reducing the passages in red and in improving the uniformity of the drivers' reactions," explains Prof. Bar-Gera."The application that warns of the start of the green light at the traffic light will contribute to reducing the lost time at the beginning of the green, thereby improving the efficiency of the junction and reducing congestion on the roads, and this may prevent confusion between green and different directions."

The research is carried out in cooperation with the Ministry of Transportation, the Municipality of Be'er Sheva, Autotalks and Weimzor.

Maariv 5/2/2019

Autotalks - V2X today and tomorrow

Autotalks company video describes use cases of V2X solution today and in the near future to come.
See how V2X will effect our day-to-day driving and will help reduce road accidents and save lives.

A technology soon to go global...

This Jerusalem-based renewable-energy developer will invest $1 billion over the next four years to advance green power projects across 15 West African countries. Energiya Global and its associated companies developed the first commercial-scale solar field in sub-Sahara Africa in Rwanda, and broke ground on a similar plant in Burundi that will supply 15% of the country’s power. Energiya Global now has fields at various stages of development in 10 African countries.

ElectRoad of Rosh Ha’ayin, founded in 2013, is developing a smart transportation technology for underground electric coils that recharge EVs wirelessly as they travel. Its Dynamic Wireless Electrification System would initially be implemented for electric public buses. The revolutionary technology reduces the need for a large battery and for recharging or refueling the vehicle during the day.

Renewable Energy In The Negev: Israel’s Multi-Billion-Dollar Solar Valley

When Israel’s first prime minister, David Ben-Gurion, expressed his vision over 60 years ago “to make the desert bloom,” he may not have expected a multi-billion-dollar initiative that combines three massive solar power plants, the world’s tallest solar tower, and a wastewater treatment plant, all housed near a tiny Israeli community of roughly 500 people in the Negev desert.

The ambitious projects were launched in late 2014, following an Israeli government-set objective of having renewable energy contribute to 10 percent of electricity generation by 2020. And almost all are near completion.

Israel to Host 2020 International Mars Analogue

TRENDING | Israel's D-mars program is firing on all cylinders, and now the Jewish state has been chosen as the location for an international initiative to make a Mars mission realistic in our lifetime. Liad Yosef, one of the two Israelis selected for the project, talks to host Emily Frances.

SpaceIL moonshot to be launched Friday

This morning, SpaceIL, in conjunction with Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI), announced that the first Israeli spacecraft to land on the moon, "Beresheet", will be launched this Friday morning. After a seven-week journey, the spacecraft is expected to land on the moon during April.

This is the first time that such a small country is sending a spacecraft to the moon, and the first time that such a venture is not a government project but a mission that has behind it a non-profit organization. The countries that have so far landed a spacecraft on the moon are the US, the Soviet Union, and China.

Bereshit was originally supposed to land on the moon on February 13, but the launch was postponed because of constraints at launch company SpaceX. At a press conference this morning, SpaceIL president Morris Kahn revealed that the current launch date was also at risk because of the government shutdown in the US, which made it difficult to obtain the permit to transfer the spacecraft to Cape Canaveral in Florida, from where it will be launched.

"Eight years ago we ventured on this journey that is now nearing completion in about two months when we land on the moon. We are making history and are proud to be part of a group that dreamed and realized the vision that many countries in the world share, but so far only three have realized. Yesterday we presented the Beresheet project as a gift to the President of Israel, where it was declared a national project. I couldn't be prouder than to give this gift to the people of Israel and make it part of the Israeli ethos of technology, daring and a generous dose of nerve," Kahn said.

IAI CEO Nimrod Sheffer said, “The cooperation with SpaceIL is an example of the amazing achievements that can be attained by the State of Israel and a symbol for the path Israel has walked since its establishment. Most importantly, it illustrates the loftier achievements that can still be achieved - the know-how, the capabilities and the human capital are all here. The journey to the moon is fraught with challenges, but thanks to the professionalism, determination and faith of all the partners in the project, an Israeli spacecraft will be launched to the moon in the coming days. IAI together with our partners at SpaceIL will continue to do everything necessary to ensure the success of this mission".

The Israeli spacecraft will be the smallest to land on the moon: a meter and a half high, two meters in diameter, carrying fuel that accounts for 75% of its weight - 600 kilograms. When it lands, it will weigh 180 kilograms.

SpaceIL moonshot to be launched Friday

SpaceX successfully launches rocket with Israel's Beresheet craft

SpaceX Falcon launches rocket with “Beresheet” craft, as Israel aims to become the 4th country to land on the moon. A communications satellite for Indonesia is the main cargo aboard the Falcon rocket, scheduled to blast off Thursday night. But Israel’s privately funded lunar lander – a first not just for Israel but commercial space – is generating the buzz. Israel seeks to become only the fourth country to successfully land on the moon, after Russia, the U.S. and China. The spacecraft – called Beresheet, Hebrew for Genesis or “In The Beginning” – will take nearly two months to reach the moon.

Re the OP I'm more amazed at the progress in they have made in turning sea water into potable water; that has some worldwide implications that will finally see many countries with a much needed natural resource. If you ever go to Israel make it a point to go and see these plants. these are the most important developments I see coming out of there, more so than all the other 'Gee Whiz! stuff combined re global impact.

Re the OP I'm more amazed at the progress in they have made in turning sea water into potable water; that has some worldwide implications that will finally see many countries with a much needed natural resource. If you ever go to Israel make it a point to go and see these plants. these are the most important developments I see coming out of there, more so than all the other 'Gee Whiz! stuff combined re global impact.

Thanks, I agree, kinda went over my head, should look more into desalination projects for the near future, though in order to "go to Israel", first I need to exist it :)
Pretty sure Israeli water technology is already widely in use in Africa, probably one of the reasons more and more countries are opening their skies for Israel. Now we can fly straight to S. America without connections in Europe.
But I digress...btw did You hear the one about making water out of humidity? If I'm not mistaken it was the main water source for athletes and fans either during the Mondial in Russia.

Israeli Desalination Tour

Thanks, I agree, kinda went over my head, should look more into desalination projects for the near future, though in order to "go to Israel", first I need to exist it :)
Pretty sure Israeli water technology is already widely in use in Africa, probably one of the reasons more and more countries are opening their skies for Israel. Now we can fly straight to S. America without connections in Europe.
But I digress...btw did You hear the one about making water out of humidity? If I'm not mistaken it was the main water source for athletes and fans either during the Mondial in Russia.

Probably the next 10-20 years and it will be less costly and more effective as well.

What a dream brought forth. To all those who made (and are still making) this dream a reality -- I gratefully thank you.

Forum List

Back