The new and appoved Seattle Seahawk thread

Well the Seahawks finally woke up.....fired Cable and Bevell. Will be very interesting to see who Carroll hires to replace the two most inept coaches over the past two seasons.

fire the lackeys,blame it all on them,dont go after the heart of the matter.no surprise.thats the NFL for ya.:up:

Reminds me of when cutler was the QB for the Bears. The owner always blamed all the failures for the Bears on the coachs firing coach after coach when the HEART of the problem was Cutler who obviously had special connections to the owner to have last that long as he did.

I made a thread once talking about how he was a coach killer,they they were always the patsys for HIM costing them games all the time not understanding you could hire a great coach like Don Shula or Mike Holmgren and they could not make them a winner again with Cutler.

pete the cheat remains,nothing changes,the decline contiunes.

Were they inept win the Hawks won the Super Bowl? To me Bevell handled Russell Wilson’s development quite well. Wilson’s quick development and the system Bevell kept him in was always impressive to me. As far as Cable, he was always given inadequate below average talent and got a lot out of it. The Seattle line has had no talent for years and the defense was given the money. So I don’t entirely think it was the coaching as much as where the money was spent.

Coaches like wine taste funny when opened to long. Many coaches who were part of Super Bowls wins in the past ran their course for example Tom Coughin with two super bowls wins....Bevell and Cable are just the latest.

Were they inept win the Hawks won the Super Bowl? To me Bevell handled Russell Wilson’s development quite well. Wilson’s quick development and the system Bevell kept him in was always impressive to me. As far as Cable, he was always given inadequate below average talent and got a lot out of it. The Seattle line has had no talent for years and the defense was given the money. So I don’t entirely think it was the coaching as much as where the money was spent.

Coaches like wine taste funny when opened to long. Many coaches who were part of Super Bowls wins in the past ran their course for example Tom Coughin with two super bowls wins....Bevell and Cable are just the latest.

I agree with you there, that is why a 10 year contract for Gruden concerns me. Do you think Carroll might be done? His coaching hasn’t been that impressive the last couple seasons. Not saying I wouldn’t keep Carroll, he has proven his worth.

Do you think Carroll would have been considered a good coach if Wilson wasn’t that good?

I love Derek Carr and I think Gruden is a good coach, but without a good QB, Gruden’s numbers were average.

I also think the same with Bellichick and Brady, would Bellichick have been considered a great coach if Brady wasn’t the QB? Would Brady been as good of a QB had it not been for Bellichick?

To me, if Cable isn’t given good players, which we all know he had crap players, how much do you blame on Cable? Seattle management didn’t seem to think the offensive line was important enough to put money into it. Bevell, I see his departure as a stale offense and look, but there again, defense is the team’s primary focus.

I hope Seattle gets some good coaches and gets protection for Wilson, he is a good QB, he is tough and a great competitor but all those hits tend to take a toll. Wilson is good for the game and I want him around the league for years to come.

Done rambling, thanks for the sane football talk.

Forum List

Back