The new and appoved Seattle Seahawk thread

Last edited:
And the Rams are also younger than the Seahawks, and in much better salary cap shape than the Seahawks heading into 2018. While the Seahawks’ best players are getting older and more expensive, the Rams’ best players are just entering their primes. You could argue that the Seahawks will be better next year because Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor will be back from injuries — except that Sherman and Chancellor are both turning 30 next offseason, and will cost a combined $23 million against the salary cap next season. The Seahawks are aging and expensive. That’s not a recipe for a quick turnaround.
Rams’ win was a changing of the guard, and other Week 15 thoughts

Not a good recipe to turn around your fortunes indeed.

Seattle has had major problem with a very inadequate offensive line for years...and now they should start rebuilding? Spending money on the defense and overlooking the offensive line has been the downfall of Seattle..

While injuries are a key to any teams success, the Seahawks are no different. Look no further than Rodgers and Green Bay....Luck and Indianapolis...etc. shit happens. But teams can overcome injuries by being deep in depth. Apparently Seattle isn't. Getting sacked seven times by the Rams points to two problem, one: poor choices in offensive linemen due to an unwillingness to pay top dollar. two: poor coaching by the offensive line coach and trading away players like Max Unger and getting little in return.
Getting sacked can be accredited to poor offensive playing calling by Bevin. What I mean by that is if your offensive line can't hold back the pass rush as what happens to Seattle, call quick pass plays to your tight end or backs. Graham, I believe hasn't caught a pass in the past two Seattle loses..duh.
Finally... poor run blocking doesn't help any running back and maybe one reason so many of Seattle running backs have been getting hurt.

Coaching changes should be on the horizon.

Seattle has had major problem with a very inadequate offensive line for years...and now they should start rebuilding? Spending money on the defense and overlooking the offensive line has been the downfall of Seattle..

While injuries are a key to any teams success, the Seahawks are no different. Look no further than Rodgers and Green Bay....Luck and Indianapolis...etc. shit happens. But teams can overcome injuries by being deep in depth. Apparently Seattle isn't. Getting sacked seven times by the Rams points to two problem, one: poor choices in offensive linemen due to an unwillingness to pay top dollar. two: poor coaching by the offensive line coach and trading away players like Max Unger and getting little in return.
Getting sacked can be accredited to poor offensive playing calling by Bevin. What I mean by that is if your offensive line can't hold back the pass rush as what happens to Seattle, call quick pass plays to your tight end or backs. Graham, I believe hasn't caught a pass in the past two Seattle loses..duh.
Finally... poor run blocking doesn't help any running back and maybe one reason so many of Seattle running backs have been getting hurt.

Coaching changes should be on the horizon.

agreed,that was stupid and arrogant of the front office to think they could reshuffle the offensive line as they did and take away so many of their linemen they had from the first superbowl thinking it would make no difference. i could not believe that when they did that.If I was a seahawk fan i would have been pissed as hell over that.the line has been a shamble since the superbowl against the pats. they were arrogant to think they could go out and draft people and fix everything. it has now caught up to them.i saw this one coming years a few years ago.this does not surprise me since they have never fixed their line problems since back then.

They should take a page out of what the Rams did.They knew draft choices were not going to fix the horrible problems they had on the offensive line last year and went and traded for and got very excellent lineman in the offseason.That is what I would be begging the front office in seattle to do if I was a hawks fan personally.

Plus they have never had a viable replacement for Lynch ever since they lost him hense no running game since then.

Besides the offensive line the rest of Wilson cast is not that bad. I see the problem with both the play calling (Bevin) and the offensive line coach...both need to go.
As important as a defense may be (defenses do win games and this Dallas game is an example) to get a good defense it takes money. Seattle spent money on both the quarterback and defense and left the offensive line go to pot. Remember, Dallas did not score a touchdown in this game.

Wilson has yet to learn to throw the flacking ball away when he is pressured. That 22 yard lost on the sack is inexcusable and was 100% Wilson fault. Wilson at times seems unable to read defenses sets well. Also receivers are not running good routes IMO.
Running game....Huh! Davis only got 25 yards on 15 carries....that less then 2 yards a carry. When Rawls was in the game he got 20 on only five carries.....4 yards a carry. What was Seattle coaching staff thinking?

But a win is a win, especially on the road against a team who had won three in a row, and Seattle is still in the hunt. Seattle (9-6) home against Arizona (7-8) and Atlanta (9-6) playing Carolina (11-4). Advantage Seattle.

Do you think the Arizona Cardinal coach will help motivate the Seahawks with comments like this?

Arians caught grief this week for his postgame comments after last Sunday’s win over the Giants where he said about Seattle’s CenturyLink Field, ”We know that’s our home field. We’re goin’ up there and kick their asses.

Do you think the Arizona Cardinal coach will help motivate the Seahawks with comments like this?

Arians caught grief this week for his postgame comments after last Sunday’s win over the Giants where he said about Seattle’s CenturyLink Field, ”We know that’s our home field. We’re goin’ up there and kick their asses.

pretty stupid stuff to say when you are having a losing season.:haha: I always thought he was an arrogant jerk,he has made so many arrogant comments like that so many times in the past.i hate the cards enough as it is since they belong in st louis so this is the more reason i hope the seahawks win sunday after those comments of his.

Besides the offensive line the rest of Wilson cast is not that bad. I see the problem with both the play calling (Bevin) and the offensive line coach...both need to go.
As important as a defense may be (defenses do win games and this Dallas game is an example) to get a good defense it takes money. Seattle spent money on both the quarterback and defense and left the offensive line go to pot. Remember, Dallas did not score a touchdown in this game.

Wilson has yet to learn to throw the flacking ball away when he is pressured. That 22 yard lost on the sack is inexcusable and was 100% Wilson fault. Wilson at times seems unable to read defenses sets well. Also receivers are not running good routes IMO.
Running game....Huh! Davis only got 25 yards on 15 carries....that less then 2 yards a carry. When Rawls was in the game he got 20 on only five carries.....4 yards a carry. What was Seattle coaching staff thinking?

But a win is a win, especially on the road against a team who had won three in a row, and Seattle is still in the hunt. Seattle (9-6) home against Arizona (7-8) and Atlanta (9-6) playing Carolina (11-4). Advantage Seattle.

Here is an article about Wilson maybe needing a new coach.

Russell Wilson could use a coaching change, NFL.com says

The story has some good points and those hits to Wilson as they mount will take a toll on the gifted QB.

The story has some good points and those hits to Wilson as they mount will take a toll on the gifted QB.

I have been avocation that both Bevin and the offensive line coach be fired for about three years....

I have been avocation that both Bevin and the offensive line coach be fired for about three years....

Yep, I think you maybe correct. They are predictable and they leave Wilson open to all sorts of hits.

Players: For starters a new and improved field goal kicker! Walsh single handedly keep the Hawks out of the playoffs. Cost the Seahawks two games with missed kicks at the end of both games and keep Seattle out of possible overtime in two others.
Revamp the offensive line. Release Bennett and some of the high prices running backs that make a career of running up to the line of scrimmage and falling down, and free up money to help pay for offensive linemen.
Coaches: Get a offensive play caller that can see what is going on the field and make adjustments.
Get a offensive line coach that wants to make improvement instead of same old game after game crappy line play.

All teams have injury problems and when you come right down to it injuries to Seattle players wasn't as bad as one would think. What I mean by that really only Sherman and Chandler were injured to any degree that effected Seattle defense. I think Griffin stepped in and did a good job replacing Sherman. Remember Griffin is only a rookie. And while Bradley McDougald is no Cam Chandler he did a very good job IMO.
The offense injuries to the running backs were a problem with the running back core that thought that running up to the line of scrimmage and falling down was a winning strategy was misguided. I see the major problem was the bad play calling by a bad offensive coach was the real factor. I mean if you can't run between the tackles why call plays to run between the tackles?

Just reported this past Wed...

RENTON, Wash. (AP) The search for a kicker in Seattle now includes former Jacksonville kicker Jason Myers after he signed a reserve/future contract with the Seahawks.

The deal with Myers was completed Wednesday. Seattle was able to sign Myers now because he was cut by Jacksonville earlier this year and was not with any other team at the conclusion of the regular season.

Seattle appears unlikely to bring back Blair Walsh after he missed eight field goals this season, including missed kicks that played a major role in three Seattle losses

Players: For starters a new and improved field goal kicker! Walsh single handedly keep the Hawks out of the playoffs. Cost the Seahawks two games with missed kicks at the end of both games and keep Seattle out of possible overtime in two others.
Revamp the offensive line. Release Bennett and some of the high prices running backs that make a career of running up to the line of scrimmage and falling down, and free up money to help pay for offensive linemen.
Coaches: Get a offensive play caller that can see what is going on the field and make adjustments.
Get a offensive line coach that wants to make improvement instead of same old game after game crappy line play.

All teams have injury problems and when you come right down to it injuries to Seattle players wasn't as bad as one would think. What I mean by that really only Sherman and Chandler were injured to any degree that effected Seattle defense. I think Griffin stepped in and did a good job replacing Sherman. Remember Griffin is only a rookie. And while Bradley McDougald is no Cam Chandler he did a very good job IMO.
The offense injuries to the running backs were a problem with the running back core that thought that running up to the line of scrimmage and falling down was a winning strategy was misguided. I see the major problem was the bad play calling by a bad offensive coach was the real factor. I mean if you can't run between the tackles why call plays to run between the tackles?
Well 89% is not bad.

Every other team with that high of a percentage is in the playoffs. So it's NOT the kicker.

National Football League Stats - by Player Category | NFL.com

This sums it up plain and simple in a short sentence from me. when was the last time that happened huh? hee hee.

The players same as they did in new england have lost confidance in pete the cheat carrol and same as Lynch,dont want to play for him anymore.Carrol has got to go,bring back Holmgren is what I say If I am a seahawks fan.

Talk is Schneider might be leaving Seattle for Green Bay. Not sure if it will happen however if offered the job and the money is right, he could leave. Green Bay is a top tier NFL city.

This sums it up plain and simple in a short sentence from me. when was the last time that happened huh? hee hee.

The players same as they did in new england have lost confidance in pete the cheat carrol and same as Lynch,dont want to play for him anymore.Carrol has got to go,bring back Holmgren is what I say If I am a seahawks fan.

Thank the higher powers you aren't!

Well the Seahawks finally woke up.....fired Cable and Bevell. Will be very interesting to see who Carroll hires to replace the two most inept coaches over the past two seasons.

Were they inept win the Hawks won the Super Bowl? To me Bevell handled Russell Wilson’s development quite well. Wilson’s quick development and the system Bevell kept him in was always impressive to me. As far as Cable, he was always given inadequate below average talent and got a lot out of it. The Seattle line has had no talent for years and the defense was given the money. So I don’t entirely think it was the coaching as much as where the money was spent.

Forum List

Back