The new and appoved Seattle Seahawk thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by antiquity, Aug 14, 2017.

1. antiquity

antiquity Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +420
    Well after a very slow start the Hawks erupt in the second half both on offense and defense and got a good lopsided win. Injuries, a lot of injuries didn't seems to slow the defense down. Seattle out passed Indy 295 to 157 and out rushed them 194 to 98....no Seattle player rushed for more than 52 yards but five players got plenty of yards combined.

Griffin stepped in and did a good job in place of Lane and Smith like wise did good in place of Avril. Seattle defense forced Brissett to throw wildly and Indy paid the price especially in the second half.

Seattle made a step in the right direction for a change in holding their penalties down.

I can see some important improvement in the offensive line which has been one of my concerns this season.

2. Papageorgio

Papageorgio The Ultimate Winner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,362
    I quit watching all NFL football until they get their crap together and provide entertainment over politics, I'm done.

3. antiquity

antiquity Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +420
    In the game last night between the Chiefs and the Skins.... only one Kansas City player sat out the Anthem. I didn't watch the beginning of any of the other games so I can't comment on what happened. Also I stopped watching the talking heads on all the pre-game shows.
    Things will change back as soon as it starts affecting the Networks, players and owners pocket book. Endorsements, dropped ads and empty seats.....

4. Papageorgio

Papageorgio The Ultimate Winner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,362
    It may or may not change and I may or may not go back to watching or following football. As having friends and relatives that died for the rights of players to demonstrate they have all the right to protest in a poor manner. I have a right to protest the players and the NFL for handling it the way they have. I got to watch a lot of college games this weekend and enjoyed the game. As for Michael Bennett, the poor oppressed black man that lied about his encounter with the Las Vegas police, I have no respect for him. To lie about his encounter, especially after the events of yesterday put his foolishness in a whole new light. Loved how the poor oppressed Bennett used his NFL privilege to get him out of his situation.

5. antiquity

antiquity Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +420
    Seattle favorite by 6 over the Giants. Defense will win this game.

6. antiquity

antiquity Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +420
    Seahawks win on the road! Against the Giants who are ranked close to the bottom in the power rankings....Sure Seattle's win was against the team that the previous week beat a wannabe contender in the AFC West and eastern sports writers were touting an amazing come back by the Giants and talking about the playoffs.
    But that win against Denver and crushing lost at home against Seattle put things in prospective. The Giants win against Denver who looks like crap at the moment after getting shut out by the hapless Chargers. I am sure John Elway is looking for another quarterback as I type this. I wonder if the Giants are also looking? Sure the Giants are hurting with numerous injuries, but at this stage of the season all teams have injuries, some team coop better or just plain have no depth. Obviously the Giants don't and the Hawks do.
    [​IMG]

7. antiquity

antiquity Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +420
    Wilson has led the Hawks in 23 fourth quarter comebacks and this one will be long remembered. Even the Golden Tate catch in the endzone against Green Bay can't approach this win.

Now back to reality...Seattle's offensive line still sucks big time. Rees Odliambo couldn't stop a 90 year old women in a wheel chair from getting into the back field. The defensive line, even with five sacks, didn't really apply enough pressure on Watson consistently. Seattle really needs Avril back.
    When Watson rolled out, no one was even in his face until he was at least 5-10 yards downfield. Seems to me the coaching staff didn't do a very good job with a defense aimed to stop Watson. After all he was/is the leading quarterback rushing leader in the NFL.
    Sherman didn't seem to take this game very seriously until his first of two picks woke him up. Griffin, although I see some improvement is still a work in progress. Ten penalties? Damn... I wish some of the Hawks players would review the rules of the game.

Actually what, in my opinion, did the Houston Texans in was that long run late in the forth quarter to take the lead....Why? Because Houston defensive had just came off the field after a long drive by Seattle and had to go back on defense with little rest and Seattle just ripped them apart in the last minute and 39 seconds with no time outs against the very tired defense.

Defensively the Hawks didn't not play very good overall. Offensively Wilson, without a lot of help from his offensive line, had to put on an amazing show to pull this game out. 41-38

8. antiquity

antiquity Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +420
    Seattle 33 Washington 13

9. antiquity

antiquity Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +420
    Seattle beats Washington in every aspect of the game except the score board.
    Lets look at the stats of the game...
    Seattle out rushed the Redskins, 148 to 51. Out passed them 289 to 193. Sacked Cousins 6 times to Wilson being sack twice. Held time of possession by nearly five minutes. The 16 Penalties was one of the major difference and that has to be corrected. Unfortunately Wilson was the leading rusher with 10 carries for 77 yards. Lacy, and his run up and fall down didn't help the team on bit. Rawls did a little better but the coaching staff refuse to use him until Lacy got hurt again.

10. antiquity

antiquity Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +420
    Again was plagued with the penalty bug...again. 45 penalty yards on Arizona first touchdown drive...unacceptable. But a win is a win....especially when it comes on the road.