The Neuroscientific Basis of Consciousness?

He is also fallacious to say that they can each know a grain of sand equally. Their frame of reference will be different, as will their past experience and their brains. Different information processed by different brains/minds with different past experiences and knowledge will not render equal results. Similar, perhaps. The same? no.

5:40- Incorrect. They might know more than you about how your brain works at the electrochemical level, but they would not know more than you about what it's like to be you. Such subjective experience can only be known through experience.

Frankly, his arguments are so patently fallacious that I cannot bring myself to watch any more.

LOL - you need to be careful James, we may soon know things about you that you are aren't fully aware of as your giving too much away by sticking so firmly to your POV. Thought you were a scientist! What is experience exactly.

"It is in the admission of ignorance and the admission of uncertainty that there is a hope for the continuous motion of human beings in some direction that doesn't get confined, permanently blocked, as it has so many times before in various periods in the history of man." Richard Feynman

I view the brain as a quantum mechanical radio tuner, very similar to an AM/FM radio. It processes and aggregates information for the observer. I think consciousness has some non-local properties, though.

Forum List

Back