The Negro national anthem

Ignorance would be not knowing. We know Keyes was a racist and we know he celebrated the death of ex slaves in his song because he got his ass kicked by Black soldiers.

Wat?! WTF? Nm, you're like the srs Republican types that fall for red meat satire sites.

You have any proof of any of that?
Proof of what?

Keyes getting his ass kicked by black soldiers. I already know he wasn't a racist. He freed all the slaves he inherited except for one he gave a piece of land to and let retire. Soooo racist.

Not.

Battle of Bladensburg. Keys thought Blacks were inferior Then he got his ass kicked by them. A short time later he wrote the national anthem celebrating the death of Blacks that kicked his ass.

Key purchased his first slave in 1800 or 1801 and owned six slaves in 1820. In the 1830s, Key manumitted (set free) some of his slaves one of whom (Clem Johnson) continued to work for him for wages as his farm's foreman, supervising several Negro slaves.

Throughout his career Key also represented several slaves seeking their freedom in court for free,

Key publicly criticized slavery's cruelties, so much that after his death a newspaper editorial stated "So actively hostile was he to the peculiar institution that he was called 'The N woid Lawyer' .... because he often volunteered to defend the downtrodden sons and daughters of Africa. Mr. Key convinced me that slavery was wrong—radically wrong." In June 1842, Key attended the funeral of William Costin, a free, mixed race resident who had challenged Washington's surety bond laws.

Key was a founding member and active leader of the American Colonization Society and its predecessor, the influential Maryland branch, the primary goal of which was to send free African-Americans back to Africa.
Yeah I read about Keys. He was a slave owner that thought Blacks were less than human. The only reason he freed his slaves was because he later felt it was at odds with being a christian. Weirdly it didnt stop him from owning slaves when he was younger. The Battle of Bladenburg was in Aug 1814. After Keys got his ass kicked, he wrote the SSB a month later. If you note the primary goal of the ACS was to send free Blacks back to Africa. The ones here were to remain slaves. The free ones were to be purged from society so as not to help or inspire slave rebellions.

Last edited:
Wat?! WTF? Nm, you're like the srs Republican types that fall for red meat satire sites.

You have any proof of any of that?
Proof of what?

Keyes getting his ass kicked by black soldiers. I already know he wasn't a racist. He freed all the slaves he inherited except for one he gave a piece of land to and let retire. Soooo racist.

Not.

Battle of Bladensburg. Keys thought Blacks were inferior Then he got his ass kicked by them. A short time later he wrote the national anthem celebrating the death of Blacks that kicked his ass.

Key purchased his first slave in 1800 or 1801 and owned six slaves in 1820. In the 1830s, Key manumitted (set free) some of his slaves one of whom (Clem Johnson) continued to work for him for wages as his farm's foreman, supervising several Negro slaves.

Throughout his career Key also represented several slaves seeking their freedom in court for free,

Key publicly criticized slavery's cruelties, so much that after his death a newspaper editorial stated "So actively hostile was he to the peculiar institution that he was called 'The N woid Lawyer' .... because he often volunteered to defend the downtrodden sons and daughters of Africa. Mr. Key convinced me that slavery was wrong—radically wrong." In June 1842, Key attended the funeral of William Costin, a free, mixed race resident who had challenged Washington's surety bond laws.

Key was a founding member and active leader of the American Colonization Society and its predecessor, the influential Maryland branch, the primary goal of which was to send free African-Americans back to Africa.
Yeah I read about Keys. He was a slave owner that thought Blacks were less than human. The only reason he freed his slaves was because he later felt it was at odds with being a christian. Weirdly it didnt stop him from owning slaves when he was younger. The Battle of Bladenburg was in Aug 1814. After Keys got his ass kicked, he wrote the SSB a month later. If you note the primary goal of the ACS was to send free Blacks back to Africa. The ones here were to remain slaves. The free ones were to be purged from society so as not to help or inspire slave rebellions.

It is quite obvious today their solution or program should have been enabled....even Abraham Lincoln supported it. The failure of that common sense solution is plain to see in America today...."A divided house cannot stand"..........America a once great nation is in turmoil, political deadlock, deteriorating middle class....etc. dependent on Chinese loans....... but wait....we have a President who is trying to fix these problems...to get America back on track....but look at his opposition...even in his own party....well he be able to accomplish his goals? Anyone with any ability to think rationally surely hopes so....otherwise the following link will demonstrate what will happpe if he cannot...the summation of all the liberal efforts in the past decades to achieve what they believed was social justice which in fact was a phenomenon of 'feeding the tiger and creating a social monster'...a minority that will never be satisfied...that cannot be satisfied...who will always, always as long they are able---- demand more and more.......it is rapidly getting to the point where working white folks will no longer be able to support the millions of lazy folks who are not interested in working. You know who I am talking about. But it is the elephant in the room...no one really wants to talk about it....no problem can be solved unless it is first identified.....by those who make policy. This is where our politicians lag behind the people they are supposed to lead....the people know what has happened and thus voted for Trump...but the elite politicians in their ivory towers of isolation...still do not have a clue for the most part.

Mod edit: removed off topic link

Last edited by a moderator:
Should the Negro National Anthem replace the traditional national anthem at sporting events? Some teams have already done so.............Some NBA teams have played ‘Negro National Anthem’ at games

Where is the Negro nation?

Just curious.
You know how whites have a the one made up by the racist Keyes? Blacks have their own anthem. Lift Every Voice and Sing.

Sad how Martin Luther King Junior lost his life trying to get equality for all Americans and people like you are doing everything you can to unravel everything he did

Since many professional sports players refuse to stand for the traditional national anthem...i think it a reasonable question to ax if instead of the traditional national anthem they should play the Negro National Anthem....perhaps everyone would stand for that one?
Doubt it, might only be the ones that are taking a knee now

No one wants to be part of white americans..not even alot of white girls. Too bad you cant do anything about it. We can be americans without singing some dumb song a racist made up.

You used to brag about how many mud sharks you "play raped"...still sticking with that story? As far as an anthem goes, you might want to consider the white Union troops who died freeing the slaves (Around 110,000 were KIA or died of wounds received in battle.About 230,000 of disease which was rampant during the war and nearly 30,000 Union troops died as POW's), take off your cap and shut your mouth during the American anthem.

Last edited:
The 4th verse is what I consider the best verse.
Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved homes and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heaven-rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

I remember way back when tv channels would sign off at around 1AM
Channel 7 in Miami would play that verse backed up by an acustical guitar.
It was fantastic

But don't you need a country to have an anthem?

Last edited:
No one wants to be part of white americans..not even alot of white girls. Too bad you cant do anything about it. We can be americans without singing some dumb song a racist made up.

You used to brag about how many mud sharks you "play raped"...still sticking with that story? As far as an anthem goes, you might want to consider the white Union troops who died freeing the slaves (Around 110,000 were KIA or died of wounds received in battle.About 230,000 of disease which was rampant during the war and nearly 30,000 Union troops died as POW's), take off your cap and shut your mouth during the American anthem.
I didnt brag about it. If you are so insecure that you think me relaying a personal anecdote is bragging then white girls must be right about you little insecure white guys. I could give two fucks about the white people that died to keep the union together. Too bad more of them didnt die on both sides. Now when you finally get the balls to come make me shut up or take off my cap I will keep sitting down, dancing, talking on the phone, and laughing when the racist anthem is played.

The negro skull, in addition to having a smaller brain volume and thicker cranial bones than that of the White, is prognathous ; i.e., the lower face projects forward in the manner of an animal's muzzle. The negro jaw is substantially longer, relative to its width, than the White jaw. A feature of the negro lower jaw is its retention of a vestige of the "simian shelf," a bony region immediately behind the incisors. The simian shelf is a distinguishing characteristic of apes, and it is absent in Whites.

They emit a peculiar offensive body odor similar to apes.

Just as their black skin protected them from the intense African sun, they are inherently lazy in order to prevent over exertion in that intense sun.

The arms and legs of the negro are relatively longer than the European. The humerus is shorter and the forearm longer thereby approximating the ape form.

The eye often has a yellowish scierotic coat over it like that of a gorilla.

The negro has a shorter trunk; the cross-section of the chest is more circular than Whites. Similar to an ape.

The pelvis is narrower and longer as it is in an ape.

References:
Coon, Carleton S. The Origin of Races, 1962, Alfred A. Knopf
Howells, William. Mankind So Far, Doubleday, Garden City, NY
Weisman, Charles A. The Origins of Race and Civilization, 1990

Are Negros Closer to Apes Than to Humans? -

I had never heard of this song before, it's a beautiful song. I wouldn't replace the Star Spangle Banner totally, but there are more than enough opportunities for this and other songs to share a place with it. The same-old, same-old gets a bit stale.

Forum List

Back