The NBA should suspend the 4 players Spurs held out

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
against the Heat.

For about 20 games. Hit em where it hurts.

The fine means nothing.

Heat fans paid good money for that game to watch the best players give it their all.

Send a message.

And the fans going to Spurs games will know in advance that the 4 players will not be playing.

The 4 old geezers seem to need the rest anyway.

All 4 of them should be embarrassed - maybe it wasn't their call -- anybody know????

Last edited:
1. The coach makes the decision
2. Studies have shown excessive frequency to dramatically increase the likelihood of injury.
3. Players play better when rested (The older Spurs won the game; a tough game vs. Grizzlies in OT the next game with Parker getting 30 and Duncan able to play 40 mins and go for 27-15.)

BTW, this has little to do with a few fans who paid money. Stern doesn't want a rested Spurs to compete for a championship. BTW - teams do this all the time anyways. They just don't bother telling the truth. Kobe will miss 10-20 games this year to rest. Each time, they'll just make up an ailment.

This used to be called "throwing a game", now it's called "resting"?

But of course we all know there's none of that goin on in the NBA Is ther? What a sick joke.

Play every game on the schedule with your healthy players.

Nobody is going to fear the Spurs in the playoffs.

Already had a rep as a "soft team."

But of course we all know there's none of that goin on in the NBA Is ther? What a sick joke.

Is that why the Heat didn't take the lead til 22 seconds left? The Spurs go 12 deep.

And I could argue that the Spurs would have thrown the game against Memphis had their players not been adequately rested. Do you really think the Spurs were throwing the game? Or are they interested in responsibly managing their players? Tim Duncan is putting up MVP numbers in his 16th season and the Spurs have 4 titles during the Poppovich era. I think they deserve some leeway.

Suspend players for what the coach did. Hitting the bottle a bit extra tonight I see.

BTW - this isnt the first time the Spurs have pulled this stunt.

Other teams also rest their starters now and then - none have been so blatant as the Spurs.

against the Heat.

The fine means nothing.

Heat fans paid good money for that game to watch the best players give it their all.

Send a message.

And the fans going to Spurs games will know in advance that the 4 players will not be playing.

All 4 of them should be embarrassed - maybe it wasn't their call -- anybody know????

I'm having a hard time deciding which one of you is more retarded.

Is that why the Heat didn't take the lead til 22 seconds left? The Spurs go 12 deep.

And I could argue that the Spurs would have thrown the game against Memphis had their players not been adequately rested. Do you really think the Spurs were throwing the game? Or are they interested in responsibly managing their players? Tim Duncan is putting up MVP numbers in his 16th season and the Spurs have 4 titles during the Poppovich era. I think they deserve some leeway.

You should quit talking about politics and focus on sports. Your takes are decent.

You should quit talking about politics and focus on sports. Your takes are decent.

Or you should extend rigors of thought to politics and stop being a cheerleader.

Or you should extend rigors of thought to politics and stop being a cheerleader.

Dreaming up nutter conspiracy theories is not legit thinking, dude.

against the Heat.

The fine means nothing.

Send a message.

Stern is a POS, Pop has the right to rest his players...

If there truly is a rule for this, it needs to be erased...

against the Heat.

The fine means nothing.

Send a message.

Stern is a POS, Pop has the right to rest his players...

If there truly is a rule for this, it needs to be erased...

Don Sternlone should have had his job whacked longggggggggggggggg ago.

Who the fuck does he think he is to try and dictate how a team manages their roster?

Dreaming up nutter conspiracy theories is not legit thinking, dude.

Sticking your head up your ass and antagonizing people whom you disagree is so much better.

I don't do the head up ass thing but antagonizing people whom I disagree with is a hoot.

You don't think anything that is said here actually matters beyond the pleasure of the individual behind the keyboard, do you?

BTW I just realized that I broke my own personal rule and brought politics into the sports tab.

I'm sorry about that.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I went to watch a Milwaukee Bucks - Seattle Sonics game the year the Bucks were the defending NBA champs.

I would have been pissed if Larry Costello had sent Kareem, Oscar, and Bobby Dandridge back home.

Forum List

Back