The NBA just got done rigging another NBA Draft Lottery

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California

Yup, no ping pong balls; just a so-called lottery behind closed doors; and now the Lakers don't lose their top five protected pick and get a second pick in a draft that has two 1A prospects at the top. And this comes on the 30th anniversary of the NBA rigging the 1985 draft so that the Knicks could draft Patrick Ewing.

I agree. The lakers are bad for 2 seconds, and then they get the 2nd pick in a draft with 2 future superstars? When some teams get screwed for years and years? It's ridiculous.

Yup. If I were a GM, I'd never trade a lottery protected draft pick to the Lakers or Knicks.

I hate the Lakers. Last year they got lucky when Julius Randell fell to them at 7, now they're going to get Okafor or Towns. We can only hope that whoever they get will bust.

I agree. The lakers are bad for 2 seconds, and then they get the 2nd pick in a draft with 2 future superstars? When some teams get screwed for years and years? It's ridiculous.

I remember when Portland got the top pick of the draft and Seattle had the second.

There were two future HOF, Greg Oden and Kevin Durant. Portland picked Oden as the can't miss prospect, Seattle took Durant. Oden's injuries doomed him from the start. Durant couldn't save the Seattle from moving to Oklahoma.

Forum List

Back