The Nature of Christian Freedom

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
Taken from a recent daily study...

Christian freedom means receiving a new nature that institutes an internal transformation of behavior rather than an external regulation of behavior.

The bicycle's chain attaches to the rear sprocket and, from the center of the radiating spokes, transfers power that mobilizes the entire bicycle. Some motion could be accompllished by turning the tire outside the rim, but such motion is superficial when compared with the power radiating from the centered sproket.

Civil government does bear some responsibility for regulating society so that such egregious evils as violence, roberry, and so on will not go unchecked; but history has shown that spiritual revival is exponentially more effective in transforming behavior than is imprisonment and punishment.

The Holy Spirit's power, radiating from the completely surrendered heart, is humanity's only realistic hope for lasting transformation and survival.

The Airplane Soliloquy

They finally released me from ground school. I'm free to soar, explore, and reach my destiny. Speaking of destination, I'm free to go anywhere.

What an adventure! Think: exoctic destinations never even dreamed about before; searching endless horizons, tasting tantalizing sunsets in paradise, navigating the outer limits of known civilization.

What possibilities! Maybe I'll survey Iceland for starters. Or course, the regulatory agency is recommending otherwise because of a volcanic eruption. Some commission decided that it's dangerous because previous airplanes stalled on microscopic dust found in volcanic clouds.

Maybe they're just saying that to drive people away from the fun. Where's their proof? It's just small stuff anyway. How much hard could that be? There are those stories about that small stuff hardening and clogging engines; but just because other airplanes haven't been able to handle it doesn't necessarily mean I'm not build strong enough.

Then again, why chance it? Maybe waiting makes sense. There are dozens of other exciting options. Maybe the commission does know what it's talking about this time. I'm free to travel Iceland, but there's Newfoundland, the Pyrenes, the Solomons, plus the Mediterranean.

Besides, my manufacturer invested endless hours of research and development to produce me. I'm actually free. That means I can choose.

Key Points: When Christians utilize freedom, how should they view the "small stuff?" How could careless self-confidence bring about disaster? How should appreciation for God's investment in the believer affect his or her attitude about using freedom? How might studying the examples of freedom contained in Scripture help us make profitable decisions?

Taken from a recent daily study...

Christian freedom means receiving a new nature that institutes an internal transformation of behavior rather than an external regulation of behavior.

The bicycle's chain attaches to the rear sprocket and, from the center of the radiating spokes, transfers power that mobilizes the entire bicycle. Some motion could be accompllished by turning the tire outside the rim, but such motion is superficial when compared with the power radiating from the centered sproket.

Civil government does bear some responsibility for regulating society so that such egregious evils as violence, roberry, and so on will not go unchecked; but history has shown that spiritual revival is exponentially more effective in transforming behavior than is imprisonment and punishment.

The Holy Spirit's power, radiating from the completely surrendered heart, is humanity's only realistic hope for lasting transformation and survival.

The Airplane Soliloquy

They finally released me from ground school. I'm free to soar, explore, and reach my destiny. Speaking of destination, I'm free to go anywhere.

What an adventure! Think: exoctic destinations never even dreamed about before; searching endless horizons, tasting tantalizing sunsets in paradise, navigating the outer limits of known civilization.

What possibilities! Maybe I'll survey Iceland for starters. Or course, the regulatory agency is recommending otherwise because of a volcanic eruption. Some commission decided that it's dangerous because previous airplanes stalled on microscopic dust found in volcanic clouds.

Maybe they're just saying that to drive people away from the fun. Where's their proof? It's just small stuff anyway. How much hard could that be? There are those stories about that small stuff hardening and clogging engines; but just because other airplanes haven't been able to handle it doesn't necessarily mean I'm not build strong enough.

Then again, why chance it? Maybe waiting makes sense. There are dozens of other exciting options. Maybe the commission does know what it's talking about this time. I'm free to travel Iceland, but there's Newfoundland, the Pyrenes, the Solomons, plus the Mediterranean.

Besides, my manufacturer invested endless hours of research and development to produce me. I'm actually free. That means I can choose.

Key Points: When Christians utilize freedom, how should they view the "small stuff?" How could careless self-confidence bring about disaster? How should appreciation for God's investment in the believer affect his or her attitude about using freedom? How might studying the examples of freedom contained in Scripture help us make profitable decisions?
Good post. For me it is simple; Jesus saves. I try not to think about all the complicated theories. God Bless.

Forum List

Back