The National Debt from Jan. 1981 to April 2011

also note, the regan and bush jr's were 8 year terms. Obamas at 2.

President Obama wants to raise the debt ceiling for the first time in almost three years now. His first time since taking office.

President Reagan raised it 17 times.

For some reason I have a strong feeling that no President in our history is going to come close to that number. He's the Michael Jordan/Bill Russell of raising the Debt Ceiling.

What kind of false metric is that? Any other president could have raised the debt ceiling 1 trillion times at $2 a pop and their fiscal track record would still be better than President Obama's. The number of times the ceiling is raised doesn't necessarily reflect how well a president has done on controlling spending. Just fyi, the debt ceiling has already been raised twice while President Obama has been in office. So this will be the third time.

While I believe that politically, a balanced budget is actually really hard to do, I agree with the rest of/spirit of your post.

You "con$ervative" retards do realize that the US budget has only exactly balanced for 1 whole year in the entire history of this country. That was the year 1913-1914. The real demise in the deficit story started with Reagan, got a little better with Clinton and then took a dive under the Bushes. I blame the Iraq debacle for the lion's share of our debt issues along with the unnecessary tax breaks, tax subsidies for big agra and big pharma and other corporate welfare. I sure wish we had those numbers to mull over... don't you?

While I believe that politically, a balanced budget is actually really hard to do, I agree with the rest of/spirit of your post.

You "con$ervative" retards do realize that the US budget has only exactly balanced for 1 whole year in the entire history of this country. That was the year 1913-1914. The real demise in the deficit story started with Reagan, got a little better with Clinton and then took a dive under the Bushes. I blame the Iraq debacle for the lion's share of our debt issues along with the unnecessary tax breaks, tax subsidies for big agra and big pharma and other corporate welfare. I sure wish we had those numbers to mull over... don't you?

I blame Obama, he's a Failed Leader, he said so himself

Don't think it does much good to blame so and so for past increases in the debt. Besides, it's gotta be a combination of the president and the Congress he had to deal with, and the situations that had to be dealt with.

Forum List

Back