The Nashville Flood In The Words Of Someone Who Lived Through It

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
One of my friends is an insurance adjuster in Nashville. She's seen all the damage that took place a couple of weeks ago in Nashville and here in Clarksville it's the same only in a smaller scale.

The press damn near ignored what happened here. And so did Obama. Not much help is getting here and now everyone is bonding together....saying "Fuck you Mr. President...we don't need your GD help!!!"

I was given permission to post these private emails from my friend. I hope they give you an idea of the magnitude of the damage and what little FEMA has done so far.:evil:

I talked to my neighbors Saturday, they are on vacation in Germany and they had NO IDEA how bad it was because of the lack of media attention. When I started going into detail, she stopped me and said, she just couldn’t comprehend it. I told her, “I know! This is what we’ve been dealing with, but the people outside of Tennessee don’t have a clue”

It’s just hard…..I’ve cried with customers and talked with them, and listened to their stories. Our State Farm adjusters are trying to find ways to pay these claims, but

It’s just not happening. I had one adjuster call me yesterday, at the point of tears because he had to tell one of our customers, who just lost her husband in February, that she didn’t have any coverage.

We’re also hearing the stories about these water mitigation companies charging outlandish prices for their services. We depend on these companies, and for them to do that, is ridiculous.

It’s just a sad situation all around.

These days seem like they go on forever. I know that I am so tired, but I cannot imagine how tired and exhausted the people that have lost their homes, cars, loved ones are. They don’t have the comfort of “their bed” to go to for rest. They don’t have the familiar surroundings of the homes that they have created. They are sorting through the sludge and the mud to recover any part of their former life. The life that they had less than 2 weeks ago. My heart breaks for these people.

We keep hearing the stories from all over, about how out of state relatives are unconcerned because they don’t know what the devastation was in our area. Our people aren’t sitting on roof tops screaming for help, so they aren’t on the news. Our people are out helping themselves and others in need. If the world only knew what was going on here…..it might make the rest of the world a better place.

I haven’t been able to get out and volunteer, but at least I ordered 2 of the WE ARE NASHVILLE t-shirts. I plan to wear it as soon as it comes in. I know that money is going into the fund to help out.

Sorry, I went on and on…..but I learned a lot of that from you

I so support the people who are posting the “# of days left in Obama’s term” What a screw up he is……

Hope you have a great day !

That bullshit down in New Orleans was set up to make Bush look like he didn't care...but within days he was driving through the streets of the city directing the mission...putting his best man on the job.

We haven't heard a peep from Obama yet and here it is 3 weeks later.

Who do you think really cares about the people of this country...all of the people.....not just some?

you knew that though didn't you? when the asswipe let the white cop help the old man down the stairs..

why don't you let us know where we can send help..

One of my friends is an insurance adjuster in Nashville. She's seen all the damage that took place a couple of weeks ago in Nashville and here in Clarksville it's the same only in a smaller scale.

The press damn near ignored what happened here. And so did Obama. Not much help is getting here and now everyone is bonding together....saying "Fuck you Mr. President...we don't need your GD help!!!"

I was given permission to post these private emails from my friend. I hope they give you an idea of the magnitude of the damage and what little FEMA has done so far.:evil:

I talked to my neighbors Saturday, they are on vacation in Germany and they had NO IDEA how bad it was because of the lack of media attention. When I started going into detail, she stopped me and said, she just couldn’t comprehend it. I told her, “I know! This is what we’ve been dealing with, but the people outside of Tennessee don’t have a clue”

It’s just hard…..I’ve cried with customers and talked with them, and listened to their stories. Our State Farm adjusters are trying to find ways to pay these claims, but

It’s just not happening. I had one adjuster call me yesterday, at the point of tears because he had to tell one of our customers, who just lost her husband in February, that she didn’t have any coverage.

We’re also hearing the stories about these water mitigation companies charging outlandish prices for their services. We depend on these companies, and for them to do that, is ridiculous.

It’s just a sad situation all around.

These days seem like they go on forever. I know that I am so tired, but I cannot imagine how tired and exhausted the people that have lost their homes, cars, loved ones are. They don’t have the comfort of “their bed” to go to for rest. They don’t have the familiar surroundings of the homes that they have created. They are sorting through the sludge and the mud to recover any part of their former life. The life that they had less than 2 weeks ago. My heart breaks for these people.

We keep hearing the stories from all over, about how out of state relatives are unconcerned because they don’t know what the devastation was in our area. Our people aren’t sitting on roof tops screaming for help, so they aren’t on the news. Our people are out helping themselves and others in need. If the world only knew what was going on here…..it might make the rest of the world a better place.

I haven’t been able to get out and volunteer, but at least I ordered 2 of the WE ARE NASHVILLE t-shirts. I plan to wear it as soon as it comes in. I know that money is going into the fund to help out.

Sorry, I went on and on…..but I learned a lot of that from you

I so support the people who are posting the “# of days left in Obama’s term” What a screw up he is……

Hope you have a great day !

That bullshit down in New Orleans was set up to make Bush look like he didn't care...but within days he was driving through the streets of the city directing the mission...putting his best man on the job.

We haven't heard a peep from Obama yet and here it is 3 weeks later.

Who do you think really cares about the people of this country...all of the people.....not just some?

Mud, I hope you fared OK during the flood. I saw that Clarksville got a fair amount. I really wish I could have gone and helped out. I lived in Nashville 20 years. But I am laid up from surgery. About all I could do was watch the WSMV website and share things with my friends that they needed to know. Cell service was still up, so I could talk to the ones who had cell phones.

I believe you and I were posting on another board when the ice storm happend in KY. Of course the reaction was basically the same and people here helped one another just as they have done in the 27 counties in TN that were affected by the flood. IMO it was heartening to see people not sitting around waiting for the government to come to the rescue.

I think in all the flood got about 15 minutes of nation wide coverage. Seriously.

Its all about the squeaky wheel.

There are no political motives to show the floods in Nashville. There aren't people there trying to up their stakes in life by boohooing their poor existence and condition in life

you knew that though didn't you? when the asswipe let the white cop help the old man down the stairs..

why don't you let us know where we can send help..

I don't know of any fund being started.

Some of the stars in Nashville wrote songs and are giving it away asking for donations to go to the flood victims.

Nashville Flood Relief Efforts | The 9513

Its all about the squeaky wheel.

There are no political motives to show the floods in Nashville. There aren't people there trying to up their stakes in life by boohooing their poor existence and condition in life

True.

This flood was almost as bad as New Orleans....but all we get it silence.

I hope your and yours are alright.

I do have a question though. As seen in NO, did you all have the looting or was it a bit more civilized? Are you all having a mass exodus or are you all trying to do your best and clean up? I am curious as its been widely spread that behavior as you saw in NO is "how things are done" so to speak.

Forum List

Back