The Name of a Film

Dead of Night ?

Yes.

"Dead of Night" made in 1945, starring Michael Redgrave, Mervyn Johns, Roland Culver, Basil Radford, Naughton Wayne, Ralph Michael and Googie Withers and directed by Alberto Cavalcanti, Charles Crichton, Basil Dearden and Robert Hamer.

It's an absolute masterpiece and I recommend anyone who hasn't seen "Dead of Night" to see it.

Dead of Night - Wikipedia

Here is the original poster advertisement from 1945 that would have appeared on billboards and outside of cinemas.

1-dead-of-night-1945-everett.jpg

Bonsoir, you need to give me the name of the film .
You could ask question , actor name, country who made the film, year etc the one who find the name bring a new picture of a film.

Thank you for playing i hope you will like ? :)

Picture of the film

View attachment 108290

Okay here are several still pictures from the film.

It's an American Pre-Code film.

So I'll accept the name of the film, the name of the lead actor, the names of any of the actresses, the year it was made and the director of the film.

LubitschTroubleinParadise.jpg

57a890fddb8bd07de77572e02c57a475.jpg

Difficult for me to know the tittle of this film i don't recognize any actors but i like black and white movie :)

Movie in the years 1940 ?

Difficult for me to know the tittle of this film i don't recognize any actors but i like black and white movie :)

No the film is from the early 1930s.

I like black and white films also :smile:

I'll give you a clue, the actress in the below picture with the white fox fur stole is Kay Francis.

I'll give you a clue, the actress in the below picture with the white fox fur stole is Kay Francis.

We know it wasn't The Cocoanuts with the Marx Brothers she was in around 1929...

We know it wasn't The Cocoanuts with the Marx Brothers she was in around 1929...

Yes we know it isn't "The Cocoanuts"

I love The Marx Brothers, my favourite films of theirs are "Horse Feathers" "Animal Crackers" (with the tragic Thelma Todd) "Duck Soup" and "Monkey Business" (again with Thelma Todd)

Their Paramount films are the best, the only one's I like after they left Paramount are "A Day At The Races" and "A Night At The Opera"

Thank you, the actor is it William Powell ?

I love William Powell, especially "The Thin Man" films, I have the box set containing all of those films, I also like William Powell in his Philo Vance films from 1929-1933.

He wasn't a handsome man, or what I'd call handsome, but he was always very elegantly dressed.

Forum List

Back