The name calling and insults need to stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
If YOU define a "fag" merely as a homosexual person, you're the one with name-calling issues.

No. I don’t stoop to name-calling as a habit. I’m simply following other people’s examples to the extreme to prove a point. I am not intolerant. I do not use offensive terms as a practice. A homosexual is a homosexual. A Black person is a Black person. A poor white person is a poor white person. A Christian is a Christian. You are the one who does not seem to be bothered by petty name-calling, unless the name-calling is against something that you like because then you throw it back on me and suggest that I have issues.

Actually, you're wrong again, toots.. I don't often stoop to name-calling myself, unless it's in reference to a specific individual, and a specific related incident.

*I* merely stated that there's nothing derrogatory about calling a duck a duck. Or, a fag a fag. :D

im not trying to join the fight, but i have a question. I thought the word ****** has two meanings. Ignorant, and slur against a black individual or black race.

I call some people ghetto: depending on how they act now live, and i truly believe anybody can be ghetto, or non-ghetto. Whites are the most ghetto these days :p, to be honest. But asians, hispanics, are getting more ghetto too.

Its cool to be ghetto :p

Am i wrong? and if so why

There are different definitions for different things. Not all blacks are *******... There are also some white *******, commonly referred to as "whiggers".. It's not an all-inclusive statement.

A duck can be nothing else, by definition, BUT a duck.. THEREFORE,

...a "fag" can be nothing else, by definition BUT a fag...

I’m having fun. I challenge anyone and everyone to search throughout this board. Find a post where I used a blatant deliberate slur or offensive name for anything. Except for those instances where I used it to prove a point about name-calling, I have never done it.

Please. I ask you for my own benefit because I pride myself on having class and character. Where have I ever used such ad homonym or insulting terms? Go back to the posts of long ago. It can be against the right, Republicans, or the left, Democrats. It can be toward Christians or Atheists. I do not think that you will find it.

Thank you, and please let me know if im acting like an idiot, so i can stop acting like a tard immediatly, and begin acting like I have a brain. I honestly respect the fact that you are honest, and stand up for what you believe in.

You haven't whined. You may stay.

I’m having fun. I challenge anyone and everyone to search throughout this board. Find a post where I used a blatant deliberate slur or offensive name for anything. Except for those instances where I used it to prove a point about name-calling, I have never done it.

Please. I ask you for my own benefit because I pride myself on having class and character. Where have I ever used such ad homonym or insulting terms? Go back to the posts of long ago. It can be against the right, Republicans, or the left, Democrats. It can be toward Christians or Atheists. I do not think that you will find it.

Puh-lease. Who in their right mind that knows you would go to all THAT trouble? You're like a computer chip. I doubt you've ever purposefully offended anyone in your life.

Which NOT an indicator of class and character except for you by the standard which you have set.

You should be so tolerant of those who don't think just as you think they should.;)

im not trying to join the fight, but i have a question. I thought the word ****** has two meanings. Ignorant, and slur against a black individual or black race.

I call some people ghetto: depending on how they act now live, and i truly believe anybody can be ghetto, or non-ghetto. Whites are the most ghetto these days :p, to be honest. But asians, hispanics, are getting more ghetto too.

Its cool to be ghetto :p

Am i wrong? and if so why

Not against the black race as a whole.. More again the irresponsible, criminal, low-class sort... There are plenty of upstanding black people that would never fit the definition of a "******".

*I* merely stated that there's nothing derrogatory about calling a duck a duck. Or, a fag a fag. :D

AFLAC :badgrin:[/QUOTE]

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fag

Offensive Slang
Used as a disparaging term for a homosexual man.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Matt, I see no evidence that youre intolerant or racist, because you can use a racist or racial word to try to make a point, which racists dont do they merely use a word to harm someone. I think youre a bright guy, who contributes thought provoking posts, and finally, its not up to us to decide whether or not youre anything. You only know. and i give you the benefit of the doubt.

I do apologize, but im not sure exactly what youre point was though, will you cut to the chase for me please?

Not against the black race as a whole.. More again the irresponsible, criminal, low-class sort... There are plenty of upstanding black people that would never fit the definition of a "******".

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/******

Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive.
a. a black person.
b. a member of any dark-skinned people.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

A Black person does not have to be of low class to be a ****** – according to the dictionary.

a. a black person.

A Black person does not have to be of low class to be a ****** – according to the dictionary.

Thankfully, I don't live my life according to the dictionary. I do not let it define people, or things for me, but rather use my own intelligence and thought power to make up my mind...

Matt, I see no evidence that youre intolerant or racist, because you can use a racist or racial word to try to make a point, which racists dont do they merely use a word to harm someone. I think youre a bright guy, who contributes thought provoking posts, and finally, its not up to us to decide whether or not youre anything. You only know. and i give you the benefit of the doubt.

I do apologize, but im not sure exactly what youre point was though, will you cut to the chase for me please?

Bottom Line:

We know deep down what is offensive slang and what is not offensive slang. We should practice using proper terms in place of offensive counterparts. Show some class. It will not diminish your point if you show some restraint in your posts and avoid petty name-calling. That is basically my point.

I agree with both of you. The dictionary could say, the definition of jew: greedy basterd who drinks blood of children.

Doesnt make it so, the reason I agree with shattered first is, you have to make up your own mind, and not let others think for you.

Matt: youre right, we all could be nicer to each other.

As far as gunny: he is right, that i cant force people to be nice, this is not my board, and even if it wasnt, you cant legislate morality.

how would we enforce everyone being nice to each other, that was gunny's point, and he is right. sorry about the whining.

a. a black person.

The definition has changed since I was young. It used to say "a trashy PERSON" as one of the definitions. Someone's agenda has rendered it exclusive nowadays.

Bottom Line:

We know deep down what is offensive slang and what is not offensive slang. We should practice using proper terms in place of offensive counterparts. Show some class. It will not diminish your point if you show some restraint in your posts and avoid petty name-calling. That is basically my point.

Bottom line: you could hold an entire conversation without ever identifying a thing by calling it what it is.

When a word is supposedly offensive just because it exists and in any and all context YET the people it is so "offensive" too freely use it not as an offensive term, use it in music, literature, daily greetings, speech, etc etc.... I find it hard to believe it is very offensive at all.

Bottom line: you could hold an entire conversation without ever identifying a thing by calling it what it is.

Yeah. I guess that you are right. The word “Homosexual” is so long. Fag should suffice. Likewise, some people might not understand the term “Christian”. “Jesus Freak” or “God Squader” is clearly more understandable. A Conservative is a Con. A Republican, another long term, is often shortened to “Repug”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back