The NAACP

Lucky he didn't get lynched. African American Democrats are as hateful & racist as it gets. Kudos to Romney for trying to speak reason to them. The man deserves a whole lot of credit for that.

LOL, what a fucking drama queen you are! It's people with your FUCKED UP mentality that keep me from ever aligning with cocksuckers who think like you. Piece of shit.

but you don't seem to mind it when liberals run around all over the board talking about lynching do you?

What are you specifically referring to? Lynching who?

Lucky he didn't get lynched. African American Democrats are as hateful & racist as it gets. Kudos to Romney for trying to speak reason to them. The man deserves a whole lot of credit for that.

LOL, what a fucking drama queen you are! It's people with your FUCKED UP mentality that keep me from ever aligning with cocksuckers who think like you. Piece of shit.

Just speaking truth & reality. Most African American Democrats i've come across, are very hateful & bigoted. I'm sure there are exceptions, but very few. Romney's lucky he got out of there alive. The NAACP no longer represents what Martin Luther King stood for. They haven't for a very long time.

I was a little heavy handed in my previous response to your post. My apology. You have come across the wrong people. My experience has been the same as yours regarding White Republicans and conservatives. Maybe we have both came across the rotten apples of the aforementioned groups.

Here's part of MLK Jr's platform:
Myth #1: King wanted only equal rights, not special privileges and would have opposed affirmative action, quotas, reparations, and the other policies pursued by today’s civil rights leadership.

This is probably the most repeated myth about King. Writing on National Review Online, There Heritage Foundation’s Matthew Spalding wrote a piece entitled "Martin Luther King’s Conservative Mind," where he wrote, "An agenda that advocates quotas, counting by race and set-asides takes us away from King's vision."

The problem with this view is that King openly advocated quotas and racial set-asides. He wrote that the "Negro today is not struggling for some abstract, vague rights, but for concrete improvement in his way of life." When equal opportunity laws failed to achieve this, King looked for other ways. In his book Where Do We Go From Here, he suggested that "A society that has done something special against the Negro for hundreds of years must now do something special for him, to equip him to compete on a just and equal basis." To do this he expressed support for quotas. In a 1968 Playboy interview, he said, "If a city has a 30% Negro population, then it is logical to assume that Negroes should have at least 30% of the jobs in any particular company, and jobs in all categories rather than only in menial areas." King was more than just talk in this regard. Working through his Operation Breadbasket, King threatened boycotts of businesses that did not hire blacks in proportion to their population.
King was even an early proponent of reparations. In his 1964 book, Why We Can’t Wait, he wrote,
No amount of gold could provide an adequate compensation for the exploitation and humiliation of the Negro in America down through the centuries…Yet a price can be placed on unpaid wages. The ancient common law has always provided a remedy for the appropriation of a the labor of one human being by another. This law should be made to apply for American Negroes. The payment should be in the form of a massive program by the government of special, compensatory measures which could be regarded as a settlement in accordance with the accepted practice of common law.
The rest is HERE

In my opinion, the NAACP's platform is more moderate than the MLK Jr. platform presented above. Now if you can show why it's more "radical", I'm open to discuss it like adults. I'm going to edit my previous post.

Just speaking truth & reality. Most African American Democrats i've come across, are very hateful & bigoted. I'm sure there are exceptions, but very few. Romney's lucky he got out of there alive. The NAACP no longer represents what Martin Luther King stood for. They haven't for a very long time.

I was a little heavy handed in my previous response to your post. My apology. You have come across the wrong people. My experience has been the same as yours regarding White Republicans and conservatives. Maybe we have both came across the rotten apples of the aforementioned groups.

Myth #1: King wanted only equal rights, not special privileges and would have opposed affirmative action, quotas, reparations, and the other policies pursued by today’s civil rights leadership.

This is probably the most repeated myth about King. Writing on National Review Online, There Heritage Foundation’s Matthew Spalding wrote a piece entitled "Martin Luther King’s Conservative Mind," where he wrote, "An agenda that advocates quotas, counting by race and set-asides takes us away from King's vision."

The problem with this view is that King openly advocated quotas and racial set-asides. He wrote that the "Negro today is not struggling for some abstract, vague rights, but for concrete improvement in his way of life." When equal opportunity laws failed to achieve this, King looked for other ways. In his book Where Do We Go From Here, he suggested that "A society that has done something special against the Negro for hundreds of years must now do something special for him, to equip him to compete on a just and equal basis." To do this he expressed support for quotas. In a 1968 Playboy interview, he said, "If a city has a 30% Negro population, then it is logical to assume that Negroes should have at least 30% of the jobs in any particular company, and jobs in all categories rather than only in menial areas." King was more than just talk in this regard. Working through his Operation Breadbasket, King threatened boycotts of businesses that did not hire blacks in proportion to their population.
King was even an early proponent of reparations. In his 1964 book, Why We Can’t Wait, he wrote,
No amount of gold could provide an adequate compensation for the exploitation and humiliation of the Negro in America down through the centuries…Yet a price can be placed on unpaid wages. The ancient common law has always provided a remedy for the appropriation of a the labor of one human being by another. This law should be made to apply for American Negroes. The payment should be in the form of a massive program by the government of special, compensatory measures which could be regarded as a settlement in accordance with the accepted practice of common law.
The rest is HERE

In my opinion, the NAACP's platform is more moderate than the MLK Jr. platform presented above. Now if you can show why it's more "radical", I'm open to discuss it like adults. I'm going to edit my previous post.

You make some valid points, but the African American Community really does have a Bigotry problem. They've become very hostile and violent. And that's not what Martin Luther King wanted. He wanted a peaceful "Color-Blind Society." But most African American Democrats only promote the opposite of that these days. But hey, you're entitled to your views. You did make some good points. Thanks.

Last edited:
Is there really a need for an NAACP in this day and age?

I think not.

Actually there is. Someone has to make sure that there is no progress towards a color blind society. How on earth would the Democratic Party continue to exist if they could not pretend that equality is still lightyears away and that they (and only they) represent the downtrodden?

Immie

The rest is HERE

You make some valid points, but the African American Community really does have a Bigot problem. They've become very hostile and violent. And that's not what Martin Luther King wanted. He wanted a peaceful "Color-Blind Society." But most African American Democrats only promote the opposite of that these days. But hey, you're entitled to your views. You did make some good points. Thanks.

Thank you. I'm glad that we can agree and disagree in an amicable manner.

but you don't seem to mind it when liberals run around all over the board talking about lynching do you?

Not as long as it's white conservatives that are getting lynched. Oh and their black conservative flunkies as well.

Both the Left and the Right have exploited Martin Luther King Jr., have put words in his mouth, have interpreted his intent according to their own ideology, etc. I am sure he would be either amused and/or appalled at some of the thoughts people have put in his head.

But from what I have read of Dr. King who earned an impressive education during the worst of segregation and without benefit of Affirmative Action, but once segregation was ended, he recognized as many of us did that Affirmative Action was necessary to break down the cultural barriers against full participation of black people in our society and economy. That was accomplished pretty darn well within ten to fifteen years of implimentation of Affirmative Action.

Dr. King was absolutely right that if 30% of a population was black, there should be approximately 30% black people among the work force. But I am pretty sure that he would agree that the 30% black representatives in the work force would have acquired the work ethics, references, and skill sets to qualify for the jobs as well as a white person would qualify. And once employers were accustomed to hiring people of all colors and ethnicities based on their credentials , Affirmative Action should end and let people be recognized on merit alone.

When you reduce qualifications necessary for a black person to be hired, you set that black person up for failure as well as ingraining a sense of entitement. And you are saying that black people are not as capable as white people of achieving top qualifications and capability. And to me, that is racist.

LOL! It's being said that Romney purposely got them to boo him so his base would see the Negroes booing their (the base's) elitist leader.

Don't know if that's true or not, but if so, damn clever of Mitten!

Makes perfect sense. What better to energize Romney's racist base than a room full of uppity negros. :lol:

What excuse do you have for Obama refusing an invitation to speak to those "uppity negros.?"

how many would that be? (not counting the ones you've seen in boyz in da hood films?)

(Reuters) - Vice President Joe Biden drew cheers from the country's biggest civil rights group on Thursday with a fiery defense of President Barack Obama's record, and warned that the election of Republican Mitt Romney could reverse years of economic and civil rights gains for blacks.

The day after Romney was booed during an appearance before the convention of the NAACP, Biden asked the crowd to imagine what a conservative Romney presidency would mean for the Justice Department, the Supreme Court and voting rights.

"This is not your father's Republican Party," said Biden, the former chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

He condemned Republican support for voter ID laws that critics say will disenfranchise many black voters.

"Did you think we'd be fighting these battles again?" he asked the crowd, which roared "No!" in reply. "When you have the right to vote, you have the right to change things."

Biden gives fiery defense of Obama record at NAACP meeting | Reuters

Looks like it went well. :thup:

LOL! It's being said that Romney purposely got them to boo him so his base would see the Negroes booing their (the base's) elitist leader.

Don't know if that's true or not, but if so, damn clever of Mitten!

Makes perfect sense. What better to energize Romney's racist base than a room full of uppity negros. :lol:

What excuse do you have for Obama refusing an invitation to speak to those "uppity negros.?"
the only person who needs to answer that question is potus.

Forum List

Back